sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

EZ,hope I didn't offend you with my earlier comment. Was just tongue in cheek :-)
    Some of us hope you did.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Some of us hope you did.
    I wasn't offended personally, but when someone implies that Labour got the country into a mess or that they have forgotten how to be MPs, it has to be challenged.

FP, what do you think of Bill now? He looks very uncomfortable in front of the press. Is there a way out of this do you think? In this case, it's tongue in cheek..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11882655

On TV1 tonight, the Debarclay issue had a few minutes, the McCarten programme got a few seconds.
    Last edited by elZorro; 27-06-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

On TV1 tonight, the Debarclay issue had a few minutes, the McCarten programme got a few seconds.
    Clearly shows how biassed our media are - thanks for pointing that out.

The more surprising that the National led government is doing so much better in the polls than a NZ First led Labour / Green coalition. The incumbent government clearly must do something right ... and the opposition still has lots to learn. The usual mudslinging does not seem to do the trick.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

The more surprising that the National led government is doing so much better in the polls than a NZ First led Labour / Green coalition. The incumbent government clearly must do something right ... and the opposition still has lots to learn. The usual mudslinging does not seem to do the trick.
    Yes, the media are very biassed, usually toward National of course. We've been watching for 9 years.

National is not always doing better than a Labour-Green Coalition. Keep an eye on the polls.

Labour don't need any lessons in how to run the country, they did fine last time.

Labour don't need to do any mudslinging, there is enough rubbish going on within National's ranks. We'll just stand back and watch I think.

What has Todd been up to in Queenstown? Guess we'll all hear about it soon enough.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

The Labour issue is one they are sorting. They owned up and dealt with it.
    The Barclay issue is one National have tried to hide for 18 months and lied about - and continue to lie.
    Billy has been found wanting big time.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    And true Labour people will sort it out. The students are now being billeted all around NZ and should have a much better experience from here on. So this issue should resolve fairly quickly for Labour.

National have to cope with the fallout from the police case against Barclay being opened again. I'm sure that the tape or recording will be long destroyed by now, which is probably why Bill was mentioning so often, that a case has not been proved. But in this event, Bill went and sent a text, he documented the existence of a recording. Not too smart. John would never have sent a text. So thanks Bill, on behalf of the Labour Party.. (or maybe Bill is indeed trying to be honest sometimes).
    So its OK to have illegal immigrants used as slave labour as long as its done by the Labour Party !!

Guru

So its OK to have illegal immigrants used as slave labour as long as its done by the Labour Party !!
    Of course not but they are dealing with it.
    Is it OK to hide a criminal matter? Lie about it? Use tax payers money to try to buy your way out?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Of course not but they are dealing with it.
    Is it OK to hide a criminal matter? Lie about it? Use tax payers money to try to buy your way out?
    They are "dealing with it" only because they were found out. Do you really believe Andrew Little did not know about this scheme, run from Labour's Auckland office which he admits he visited numerous times while this scheme was being prepared and run from there ? Hand me another Tui.

All your 3 questions have the same answer, NO.
    Last edited by iceman; 28-06-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Guru

They are "dealing with it" only because they were found out. Do you really believe Andrew Little did not know about this scheme, run from Labour's Auckland office which he admits he visited numerous times while this scheme was being prepared and run from there ? Hand me another Tui.

All your 3 questions have the same answer, NO.
    So Labour was found out and came clean, dealt with it.
    National was found out and tried to continue to obfusticate and lie.
    I see a difference in approach there. Remember this came out a long time ago and they didn't come clean then - they paid (with tax payer money) to hide it.
    Last edited by dobby41; 28-06-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Advanced Member

The simple question of the recording is not being answered and so the police dilemma. Was the recorder switched on and placed to record conversations or was it a dictating device or recorder that was accidently left on? If the latter, it would be very difficult to prosecute the man who did not intend to record conversations that he did not know would occur. Another dilemma for the police is that there are several published accounts of recorders being placed on members of the public to record conversations with other members of the public to gain proof of crimes without revealing that they are being led or recorded. I sometimes used a recorder on report interviews, not to prove anything other than I have trouble reading my own handwriting.