sharetrader

More and more nebulous and increasingly obscure.

I'm more interested in today's Poll results; Labour down 3% to 27% and Andrew Little down to 5% in 4th place behind Jacinda Ardern.

Another 3% down and they'll be at 24%, another 2% up and NZ First will be at 13%.

Greens are already at 16%. Sooner or later either Greens or NZ First will go higher than the Labour Party and sooner or later Labour will be displaced by either Greens or NZ First as the Official Opposition....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    More and more nebulous and increasingly obscure.

I'm more interested in today's Poll results; Labour down 3% to 27% and Andrew Little down to 5% in 4th place behind Jacinda Ardern.

Another 3% down and they'll be at 24%, another 2% up and NZ First will be at 13%.

Greens are already at 16%. Sooner or later either Greens or NZ First will go higher than the Labour Party and sooner or later Labour will be displaced by either Greens or NZ First as the Official Opposition....
    Well it is a poll, not a very big one, 1000 voters with a margin of error of +/- 3%. You forgot a few salient points, MVT. National are down 2% on the party vote from last time, and even with their normal partners, couldn't rule the roost. They'd have to court NZFirst, who are getting the protest vote. But NZ First currently looks more like a centre left party.

As far as the leader's preferential vote goes, where is Paula Bennett? Labour has both of theirs in the top four. No-one is seriously considering Paula "Hyperbowl" Bennett as having PM potential. They've got that right. Paula is on shaky ground, no mistake. That could do National some more damage leading up to the elections.

I think Corin Dann is fairly keen on National, it sort of shows when he's up there on TV screens, and the fact is these "reporters" can sway the elections in the direction they want. Like iPredict tried to do for National, only with much more effect. I'd be much more impressed if these reporters had the guts to do a story on the Paula Bennett accusations, but they're running scared. It would seem that our National MPs can get away with almost anything.
    Last edited by elZorro; 10-07-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'd be much more impressed if these reporters had the guts to do a story on the Paula Bennett accusations, but they're running scared. It would seem that our National MPs can get away with almost anything.
    Hey EZ, why do you think the left leaning journalists and reporters aren't picking up on the Bennett scandal? Maybe it's all hogwash.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Hey EZ, why do you think the left leaning journalists and reporters aren't picking up on the Bennett scandal? Maybe it's all hogwash.
    Yep. You can bet your bottom dollar they'd be in boots and all if these was anything there.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Who are these left-leaning reporters? They got John Campbell off TV and backed onto radio, at the best there might be plenty of left-wing political cartoonists, a few people like Nicky Hager, and some left-wing commentators. They underpaid Rod Oram and chopped his articles at the SST until he left. Shamubeel Eaqub is the only one left there who talks political sense. Plenty of other reporters and commentators pretend they are impartial but are far from it, the way they talk. Let's face it, almost all of the stations and channels run on advertising revenue, and who provides the bulk of that? Left-leaning business owners?

So the owners of the media outlets won't want to chase down the Paula Bennett accusations, for lots of reasons, including probable litigation. It would take more brave people to stand up and say what they know about her past, they would have to go on record.

There are other National MPs who are also on shaky ground. Too much of it is hearsay, but the point is that why are these stories there in the first place? Why would anyone sit down and make up stories about an MP? I know that anyone who wants to be an MP must have a pretty good ego, but why do they think they can leave their past behind, and even continue in their shaky ways while they are MPs?
    Last edited by elZorro; 10-07-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Legend

Who are these left-leaning reporters? They got John Campbell off TV and backed onto radio, at the best there might be plenty of left-wing political cartoonists, a few people like Nicky Hager, and some left-wing commentators. They underpaid Rod Oram and chopped his articles at the SST until he left. Shamubeel Eaqub is the only one left there who talks political sense. Plenty of other reporters and commentators pretend they are impartial but are far from it, the way they talk. Let's face it, almost all of the stations and channels run on advertising revenue, and who provides the bulk of that? Left-leaning business owners?

So the owners of the media outlets won't want to chase down the Paula Bennett accusations, for lots of reasons, including probable litigation. It would take more brave people to stand up and say what they know about her past, they would have to go on record.

There are other National MPs who are also on shaky ground. Too much of it is hearsay, but the point is that why are these stories there in the first place? Why would anyone sit down and make up stories about an MP? I know that anyone who wants to be an MP must have a pretty good ego, but why do they think they can leave their past behind, and even continue in their shaky ways while they are MPs?
    Peppered with paranoia there eZ, me old sauage..

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Peppered with paranoia there eZ, me old sauage..
    Do you mean sage, or suave, FP?

Guru

Why would anyone sit down and make up stories about an MP??
    Really ElZorro? You ask that question and think you do not lose credibility?

Labour to give the likes of me $700 a year to keep warm ....might need to vote for them to help them get in

But one needs to apply .....hope its not means tested

But Nats tax cuts might be better ...hope somebody does the sums for me
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Labour to give the likes of me $700 a year to keep warm ....might need to vote for them to help them get in

But one needs to apply .....hope its not means tested

But Nats tax cuts might be better ...hope somebody does the sums for me
    I'm sure the power discount/rebate idea from Labour will help a lot of people who are on low fixed incomes. Heaps of people in medium-waged households are not so keen on the idea, as they'll miss out a bit. It's not my favourite Labour policy. I like the KiwiBuild policy, that's positive everywhere you look at it. In general, I don't think we need any more tax cuts at the top end, though. Unless you'd like a capital gains tax with that, W69.

http://www.labour.org.nz/families_pa...ource=nzlabour
    Last edited by elZorro; 11-07-2017 at 08:35 PM.