sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Criminals - including those who steal from their fellow men - get a small consideration in their sentence for early admissions of guilt.- It doesn't alter their conviction. Turia was studying law. How much of the money has she paid back from her very healthy salary? Doesn't she realise that this money was taken from one or more other beneficiaries whose needs were greater?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Impressed with M Turias openesss; this is exactly what this country needs. ..............
    Sorry but I'm not impressed at all. I might also cross out the Greens for my party vote consideration then.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    She claims she has never received a benefit she was not entitles to. Has been reported in several papers.
    She would say that; needs to be checked out; easy.

IMO

Having Winston as Prime Minister would be undesirable. Having Little would be unimaginable.
    Yes feels like forever when honesty led the country ,i agree about Little. Maybe close your eyes and listen rather then a superficial observation.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    She would say that; needs to be checked out; easy.
    Rest assured that half the journalists and half the opposition will be doing just that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Been in the UK for last couple of weeks . Reading the news here one realises how utterly divided and chaotic the UK is at the moment with no real strategy towards BREXIT ....
    Sadly a large part of that faction is nothing but thugs and is now openly harassing MPs that were not in the Corbyn camp with personal threats even at their home by slashing car tires and dropping stuff at their door step, trying to push them out to get more far left candidates into their seats. ....
    The ill-thought and ill-prepared Brexit referendum and result seems to have empowered the extremes on all sides in the UK.

In the 1970's when the UK was going through a tough patch politically and economically, didn't some far left UK unionists come out to NZ and try to radicalise and stir up trouble in NZ as well?

Advanced Member

Judging by some posts, they are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Criminals - including those who steal from their fellow men - get a small consideration in their sentence for early admissions of guilt.- It doesn't alter their conviction. Turia was studying law. How much of the money has she paid back from her very healthy salary? Doesn't she realise that this money was taken from one or more other beneficiaries whose needs were greater?
    That's right. I recall one senior politician being caught out in the housing allowance scandal in 2009 and paying back $32000 to the taxpayer. I think his name was Bill English

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    That's right. I recall one senior politician being caught out in the housing allowance scandal in 2009 and paying back $32000 to the taxpayer. I think his name was Bill English
    Can't be compared to an illegal activity, so what's your point?

Can't be compared to an illegal activity, so what's your point?
    May not be illegal but ethical ?

westerly