sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Here's another shocker from the National Govt, their attitude to freight in South Auckland. Instead of spending a piddly $65mill to have a third rail line completed for freight in a congested corridor, which also allows more frequent passenger rail for Aucklanders, they had KiwiRail redact the decision document. The govt preference is for more truck freight in Auckland, the worst option in the report. Now the full cost/benefit analysis is released after pressure on govt, and you can see what a poor decision it was. National is just not doing the job we put them in there to do.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/auckland/27...kland-freight/

I hear on the grapevine that sales of Kenworth trucks have been going through the roof for the last few years.
    I love how journalists willingly or otherwise refrain from researching the flipside of their argument because of how "right" they are, to think that someone could think differently about something is almost inconceivable, they offer an extremely biased argument that has very little benefit to the debate at hand.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    I love how journalists willingly or otherwise refrain from researching the flipside of their argument because of how "right" they are, to think that someone could think differently about something is almost inconceivable, they offer an extremely biased argument that has very little benefit to the debate at hand.
    You have to admit that more trucks rather than more rail seems counter-productive.

IMO

This govt is not capable at all; it is an unfolding disaster, they have fiddled and created an unholy mess and we have to have a change. John Key jumped a sinking ship knowing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes its so pathetic. Goalposts will have to be shifted as bull has suggested and the returns may be a little less in future. The staff do such an amazing job(generally; i do see some pretending to care though) and get shafted for it; not valued at all,an offensive rort. At least they aren't being paid peanuts anymore (no credit to SUM)so hopefully the care will be even better now. So yes Roger sorry to rain on your sweet smelling money parade; but less returns and more humanity is a good balance.
    They wont have a choice imo w69,the Labour govt will though.

This govt is not capable at all; it is an unfolding disaster, they have fiddled and created an unholy mess and we have to have a change. John Key jumped a sinking ship knowing this.
    Well, JT - looks like we have to agree to disagree on your assessment of the National led government. You clearly stand for a small splitter group, but hey - everybody is entitled to their opinion. However good to hear from you (on the SUM thread) that Labour is going to rain in business, going to reduce the profits and by that worsening the housing crisis. Always good to hear a Labour supporter speaking his mind. This might help some of us to tick in September the right box (pun intended).

Thanks for your frank comments and your help ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Labour is going to rain in business,
    How do you 'rain' in business?
    Is that like pissing in the wind?

Or do you mean rein?
    Last edited by dobby41; 28-07-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    How dpo you 'rain' in business?
    Is that like pissing in the wind?

Or do you mean rein?
    I just cited JT (check the quotes above) - you need to ask him what he exactly meant. However - it didn't sound good (if you are an investor ...) - I took that as "raining on someones parade ...";
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

I think Andrew Little has more chance of being registered as a jockey than he has of becoming Prime Minister. After months of negatives against the current government he has moved on to the bulk funding mentality - x number of millions of dollars for this and x numbers of millions of dollars for that and so on with a silly number for anything that anyone brings up. There is so little creativity in any of it that it appears in the "my dad can beat your dad" class.
    Now he has the problem of the Greens co-leader who appears to have thrown a whole boxful of spanners in the works. I listen to talkback during the night for no better reason than I am an insomniac but I am getting thoroughly bored With the Turia saga. Everybody wants their say and their say is just a repetition of the last caller. There is the odd support caller but the odds are ten to one against her. Now this must have a serious effect on the Green vote and I await the next poll with interest. It could also affect the Labour figures if some of their beneficiaries see her as a warrior for their cause and wouldn't that be ironic.
    I would be very interested to know where there are good odds on the election outcome. I understand that the TAB are exclude for obvious reasons.

IMO

If you think late night talkback is a good indicator of popular opinion i'd stick to the TAB and bet on Hoskings ,the rort national stooge hog in the next greasy pig race with a track that is firm/soft/easy/underwater.

If you think late night talkback is a good indicator of popular opinion i'd stick to the TAB and bet on Hoskings ,the rort national stooge hog in the next greasy pig race with a track that is firm/soft/easy/underwater.
    Trade Me message boards are a good indicator of popular opinion
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I think Andrew Little has more chance of being registered as a jockey than he has of becoming Prime Minister. After months of negatives against the current government he has moved on to the bulk funding mentality - x number of millions of dollars for this and x numbers of millions of dollars for that and so on with a silly number for anything that anyone brings up. There is so little creativity in any of it that it appears in the "my dad can beat your dad" class.
    Now he has the problem of the Greens co-leader who appears to have thrown a whole boxful of spanners in the works. I listen to talkback during the night for no better reason than I am an insomniac but I am getting thoroughly bored With the Turia saga. Everybody wants their say and their say is just a repetition of the last caller. There is the odd support caller but the odds are ten to one against her. Now this must have a serious effect on the Green vote and I await the next poll with interest. It could also affect the Labour figures if some of their beneficiaries see her as a warrior for their cause and wouldn't that be ironic.
    I would be very interested to know where there are good odds on the election outcome. I understand that the TAB are exclude for obvious reasons.
    I think the probability of Bill English being Prime Minister for 3 years aren't great either,