sharetrader
    Legend

Labour still has those good policies, still a big team out in the NZ electorates. Guess we'll be changing some party signs. I'm very disappointed that, yet again, Labour have let the press decide that we need a new leader, and who it could be.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Labour still has those good policies, still a big team out in the NZ electorates. Guess we'll be changing some party signs. I'm very disappointed that, yet again, Labour have let the press decide that we need a new leader, and who it could be.
    Tbh, I have always respected Ardern. She has more of the x-factor (more so than her predecessor). Bold move by Labour, although somewhat desperate at this stage. I think they will get more seats as a result.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    National didn't create the housing "mess" it was self-created by the tiny minority - 40,000 was quoted I think vs NZ's population of 4.6 million - lacking gumption, initiative, self reliance, any self effort at all.

The meanest intelligence should be able to see that Labour appeals to the homeless to vote for them is never going to put Labour in power. Appeals to those who rent is not going to put Labour in power as something like 60% own their own homes.

Even a moron should be able to see if you are homeless in Auckland you hitchhike out to a provincial centre like Hamilton, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Rotorua, Taupo & & and pick up a job even if it's only stacking shelves or sweeping or standing behind a counter, get yourself a bicycle, and a cheap rental, tap into church foodbanks, or move around the missions, Sally Army, Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist in turn for free accommodation etc.
    It takes a genius to determinedly starve to death with no roof over your head in NZ and one is expected to vote Labour as the main, or only issue, to express sympathy for these total morons? And Labour expects to win the election in this way?
    Yeah just a 1st world prob ehh MVT. Maybe go and live and dine at the calcutta rubbish dump for a year will bring more empathy to an empty soul.

Guru

... Appeals to those who rent is not going to put Labour in power as something like 60% own their own homes....
    What about those home owners who need to move to Auckland or with a family and now want trade up from their starter home but find that they still need to have to a horrendous mortgage to afford to do so?

For the homeless, how many extra are just about homeless? How many struggling with accommodation costs whether in their own home or not? How many who bought decades ago, mortgage free now, but struggling to pay rates and other costs in now expensive suburbs as policies failed to enable sufficient housing and infrastructure to be built elsewhere for the population increase?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-08-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Not many builders / developers have the wherewithal or the incentive to build 'cheap' / affordable homes

We may as well put governments in that category as well .....current and any future government.

Maybe there isn't a real housing crisis anyway!!
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Or local government (elected by the locals who obviously liked the cut of their jibs). Because - land, red tape, planners.

Labour really stuffed things up

I hope they now give Jacinda free rein to do what she wants and do things her way

A simple narrative and a big smile might seduce many voters - hope she doesn't get bogged down with policy - have fun and laugh your way to success. Being 'serious' wont win the election.

Bill won't be able to cope with this approach
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah just a 1st world prob ehh MVT. Maybe go and live and dine at the calcutta rubbish dump for a year will bring more empathy to an empty soul.
    I think Joshua Tree has totally lost it! He has a colonial mentality to start with, there's no such place as Calcutta these days.
    I fail to see what relevance the Kolkatta rubbish dump has to the NZ election? How many NZ voters live, work or relate to the Kkolkatta rubbish dump?

And as for Bjauck I managed to move from Auckland to Christchurch and vastly improved my housing situation in doing so - I advise others to do it too.
    Nobody HAS to move to Auckland, it's a free country. But there are outlying townships like Helensville one can do a commute from. Most houses are improvable, add a room(s), garage etc.

Oops. I forgot certain people are Labour voters and thus congenitally unable to think, visualise, exercise initiative... They demand the Government does everything for them, supply a cushy job, build them a house while they lie back and play housie...
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 01-08-2017 at 02:02 PM.

IMO

I lose it all the time, thats how i make great discoveries

Legend

So, Little's resigned and it's Jacinda Ardern and Kelvin Davis.

Who's next after them, after September?
    Stuart Nash, who might be their saviour.