sharetrader

EZ - keen guy to good looking chick 'I'll buy you a mansion and a red Porsche if you marry me'

Might be capital but still needs heaps of cash over time

Seductive though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    EZ - keen guy to good looking chick 'I'll buy you a mansion and a red Porsche if you marry me'

Might be capital but still needs heaps of cash over time

Seductive though
    Surely light rail in Auckland can't be put off, as National intended to do. Does that make Labour a target? Hardly seems fair.

Annette King's valedictory speech, she is the longest-serving woman MP in NZ. Starts 2 mins in.

https://youtu.be/hlsEeZXp7C4

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Surely light rail in Auckland can't be put off, as National intended to do. Does that make Labour a target? Hardly seems fair.

Annette King's valedictory speech, she is the longest-serving woman MP in NZ. Starts 2 mins in.

https://youtu.be/hlsEeZXp7C4
    Annette a great person. I think she had more to offer and a few more terms but didn't seem to be wanted. At least she went in good grace without making a fuss.

She has represented me well as an MP for many years. Her successor Paul Eagles a good guy and gets my electorate vote.

Anybody who thinks light rail going to solve (or help) the problems long term must be joking. Again a partial fix
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Anybody who thinks light rail going to solve (or help) the problems long term must be joking. Again a partial fix
    You are probably right that it is a partial fix but better than just more black top.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Explain how a lower tax rate could possibly hurt those who earn less...?
    Income Bracket Current ACT’s Proposal (from 1 April 2018)
    0-14,000 10.5% 10%
    14,000-48,000 17.5% 15%
    48,000-70,000 30% 25%
    more than 70,000 33% 25%

Cut red tape and lower the cost barrier around developments in housing/business/agriculture.

Cut working for families and paid parental leave payments to upper income earners to better fund more effective, targeted programs for those truly in need of help.

Cut corporate welfare and put an end to Governments tendrils creeping into the free market...

Income management for beneficiaries, efficiently budgeting essential costs with allowances on the side, financially stabilising beneficiaries within their current programs.

ACT has many well thought out policies, they are not looking to throw our hard earned tax dollars at voters in hopes of elevating themselves into popularity...

You will find, without exception, those who criticise Act's policies have no idea what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You will find, without exception, those who criticise Act's policies have no idea what they are.
    I have read their policies.
    Note how the percentage tax reduction increases as the declared income increases. 0.5% at $10000 8% at $70000
    The free market works well in NZ Even National has investigated petrol pricing and as for a duopoly in supermarkets. Compare Australian prices with NZ.
    Cut back on rules and regulations, do away with RMA. Introduce toll roads, congestion charges, and so on.

The average wage earner would really suffer under an ACT led Government.

westerly

Legend

Annette a great person. I think she had more to offer and a few more terms but didn't seem to be wanted. At least she went in good grace without making a fuss.

She has represented me well as an MP for many years. Her successor Paul Eagles a good guy and gets my electorate vote.

I had a chance to watch the whole speech today. She was very entertaining.

Article on light rail for Auckland. Vote Labour and it'll get done.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/9...ntre-confirmed

IMO

800 more cars on auckland roads evey week i heard on national radio. what a mess national have left for labour to sort out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    800 more cars on auckland roads evey week i heard on national radio. what a mess national have left for labour to sort out.
    But imagine the mess if Labour had been in power.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I had a chance to watch the whole speech today. She was very entertaining.
    Yes. A good old bird. Very rare for the current Labour mob to lose someone worth having.