sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    They are ahead of national.Tonights debate to come.
    Watch: Labour rockets ahead of National in stunning Colmar Brunton Poll result
    You beat me to it JT Guess it's all over now, bar the shouting. I'll be glued to the leader's debate on TV1 from 7.00.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    You beat me to it JT Guess it's all over now, bar the shouting. I'll be glued to the leader's debate on TV1 from 7.00.

It's Jacinda's to lose now

Won't be watching reality TV tonight - embarrassing to see Bill bumble his way through.

Jacinda just needs to stand there and smile and hardly say anything - let Bill bury himself
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Just posted on other thread - its 2 against 1 in the debate but then again the Tories have never been about fairness

IMO

Im not watching it live as my protest; will speed through the ads later. This could be the beginning of the end of hoskings too; double whammy.

Advanced Member

Nice call - 2 for the price of 1 even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Im not watching it live as my protest; will speed through the ads later. This could be the beginning of the end of hoskings too; double whammy.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It's Jacinda's to lose now

Won't be watching reality TV tonight - embarrassing to see Bill bumble his way through.

Jacinda just needs to stand there and smile and hardly say anything - let Bill bury himself
    Look at that poll W69, we didn't need a revolution after all. Just someone who looks like a statesperson.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Look at that poll W69, we didn't need a revolution after all. Just someone who looks like a statesperson.
    Yes we might get change EZ ......but I fear a Labour led government won't really be much different than the encumbents ....essentially just a continuation of the same old way of doing things, not revolutionary is it.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes we might get change EZ ......but I fear a Labour led government won't really be much different than the encumbents ....essentially just a continuation of the same old way of doing things, not revolutionary is it.
    I'm all for steady change anyway, and I think the Labour/Green policies are heading in the right direction. There's a fair bit will happen as soon as Labour get back in power.

IMO

Great first debate for Jacinda .She was interrupted a lot by hosings and Bill but kept her cool and got her messages across. Maybe she can interrupt them back more next time , with her authenticness and passion not aggressively or rudely; just what a leader needs t do to correct things. Bill looked to have worked hard with his authority hand movements ala trump; it looked practiced and staged to me and one got the feeling that he didn't actually believe what he was saying. I saw his scalp slide back and forth when he thought he had a good answer to make a hit. Did they know the questions in advance?

Ah well - lets put it that way: comparing the debate with what we heard last year from the States made one somewhat content to live in peaceful NZ instead of in the US of A.

I don't think that any of the three was at their best, but yes, Jacinda came overall across as more - say natural or honest, Bill appeared at times somewhat artificial and could have been a bit faster thinking on his feet. Jacinda's achilles heel obviously - Labour didn't do any work the last 9 years and so she could not talk in any specific way about all the new taxes they want to introduce to pay for all the nice things she wants to distribute. Vote for me and we will get a working group to create all the taxes we can dream up is not really a great slogan - isn't it?

Anyway - encouraging that the TV debate was more civilised than the debate on this thread at times. If that's the choice I definitely would prefer Jacinda over JT or EZ ... for PM ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)