sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Head of Australian economics at NAB Riki Polygenis said barring large-scale government intervention or a major catastrophe, prices won’t come down in the near future.

“A lot of the drivers that have driven up house prices to date such as strong population growth, foreign demand, limited supply, taxation arrangements,” she said. “Unless those factors change in a fundamental way I don’t think we’re going to see much improvement of housing affordability in Australia.”

English, Smith, and Adams certainly don't have the answers.

westerly
    Neither do Robertson, Twyford or Taxinda.

Advanced Member

They may have the answers you are merely speculating - you Tories seem to think no one else can govern with any competence but history shows you are wrong.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    They may have the answers you are merely speculating - you Tories seem to think no one else can govern with any competence but history shows you are wrong.
    What is a Tory? I'm a New Zealander.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    What is a Tory? I'm a New Zealander.
    word for people on the political right, traditionalists and conservatives etc...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    word for people on the political right, traditionalists and conservatives etc...
    It's a meaningless label, never applied to NZ politics.

Advanced Member

I disagree you potentially fit the description - Tories or Nats take your pick same difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It's a meaningless label, never applied to NZ politics.

Legend

I disagree you potentially fit the description
    You are correct. I don't.

Guru

Tory is C17th word derived from the Irish word for an outlaw. Common as an informal (mostly derogatory) word for right wing UK Conservatives. However some right wingers use the term as a badge of pride. Sometimes it is used in Commonwealth countries by opponents when referring to right wing politicians.

Here's an interesting link to a program about the "New Right" supporters of Thatcherism:

Tory! Tory! Tory!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tory!_Tory!_Tory!

Advanced Member

I read the Irish Times daily. The headlines? A homeless man dies on the street - he seems to have had a home and family in Australia but had been back in Dublin for years and the agencies and his friends made a little shrine where he died and a woman in Cork was found dead in her tent and on it goes about the homeless and the many families who have no house or home. There appears to be no difference to here or anywhere else. In other words, no country, regardless of their politics has an answer. Changing your vote won't change anything. I the WW2 the British had to come up with a solution and they built thousands of Nissan huts. The most basic accommodation built in a couple of days and adequate to thousands who had been bombed out. Many people enjoyed the lifestyle and the huts lasted decades past their expected lifespan. I'm sure a few thousand erected here would put a brake on rentals and house prices and give people an opportunity to save but unfortunately there is no one out thereon the hustlings with the balls to move that far.

Guru

I disagree you potentially fit the description - Tories or Nats take your pick same difference.
    Are you really as ignorant as you appear on these boards?