sharetrader
Page 214 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1141642042102112122132142152162172182242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 16077
    Advanced Member

So all you poor fellows continue the flagellation over political leanings that you inherited in mothers-milk and an equally staunch bunch handed over their dollars to the TAB yesterday in support of the Kiwis. Go outside, take a deep breath, and look reality straight in the face - I did, and stuck a couple of hundred on the Aussies to win. I didn't make a fortune, but I did make a profit. Next election day I intend to get up early, start up my chainsaws and axe and spend the day cutting wood. I will have no say in the election results but at least I will make a profit.

Dilettante

Not only do the Greens have communist policies, now they're behaving like China & the old Soviet Union as well ! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11165144

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not only do the Greens have communist policies, now they're behaving like China & the old Soviet Union as well ! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11165144
    The Greens may well be a strange lot, but you could hardly blame them for dumping Hay. He's sure got a funny way of going about things. I'm sure National or Labour would do the same.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The Greens may well be a strange lot, but you could hardly blame them for dumping Hay. He's sure got a funny way of going about things. I'm sure National or Labour would do the same.
    Maybe they have reasons to turn him down for candidacy but to suggest he may be expelled from the party should need more reason than him speaking out against the Leaders !!

Banned

I read that this morning too iceman, not a good look for the Greens.

This is another kick in the a** for them in the Herald today/ http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11165161
    Dear of dear, back flips when it's convent. That's what the deep sea protest was all about, stopping the use of fossil fuels, not the safety aspect. I'd be happy to drive my car with cheap green energy right now too, so give it to me Greenies! They can't and we can only continue with oil until we can.

One more story from there had me laughing in fits.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11165159 Matt McCarten, if you are going to shuffle the numbers around to make your thoughts sound better, don't exaggerate so much. Playing around with facts and figures reminds me of a couple on here that try to get away with it. He conveniently says that are fewer than 5000 jobs in oil, gas and coal mining - but that is now not in the short time future, then is happy to say future jobs will be in clean technologies and could be worth $22 billion a year. Could be not will be. He says, that deep-sea oil drilling interests claim our Government could receive $300 million from it. That's $75 per New Zealander - but that is not the whole mining industry he quoted above and royalties will be far more than that, Billions more. Playing with facts and figures is something of a god given right to the loony left.

Not a bad day to read the paper this morning, so much good news, well except for the Kiwis that is.
    Last edited by Cuzzie; 01-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Maybe they have reasons to turn him down for candidacy but to suggest he may be expelled from the party should need more reason than him speaking out against the Leaders !!
    It's not just speaking out - standing against the current leader without notice to the party, but going straight to the media, was his real mistake.

Legend

Cuzzie: Playing around with facts and figures reminds me of a couple on here that try to get away with it.
    Belgarion, who is Cuzzie talking about here? He can't blame us for the data, it's from the stats dept.

FP, you've changed your tune, I thought you'd be happier with anyone except Russel Norman in the Green Party.
    Last edited by elZorro; 01-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Cuzzie, If I were marking you on your submissions here then you'd not pass the course. Your interpretation and consequent spinning of the material isn't really very good at all. Pick up your socks or you'll be failing the course.
    And what class would that be? Perhaps the spin-doctors class for the loony left. In which case I'm very happy to say, "I failed"!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

Belgarion, who is Cuzzie talking about here? He can't blame us for the data, it's from the stats dept.

It was you & belgarion that said - It wasn't Labour's current account balance, it was the entire country's current account. Now you say it's from the stats department. Either way the bad figures were from the Labour years in Govt. & the better years were from National terms in Govt. Happy to see you now think it was was the stats dept, but really you be right if you said the data came from the R.B.N.Z.

Rodney Hide: Greens' scary predictions fall flat

I have known Jeanette Fitzsimons for more than 30 years. Back then, she was worrying we were running out of oil and gas. She's now popped up as co-skipper of the protest vessel Vega trying to make it difficult for Anadarko to find more.

Her worry used to be that we were running out. Now her worry is that we are finding too much.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11165161

Heard some of a Russel Norman interview on the farming show other day ....His key drivers of NZ jobs going forward is #1 Tourism ....so everything else comes second ...don't worry bout the fact tourism is the worse paying sector

Greens also believe Tax will fix many issues ...The Green Party will:

-Introduce a temporary earthquake levy of 1.5% applied to an individual's income between $48,001-$70000 and a levy of 3.0% applied to an individual's taxable income greater than $70,001.

- the introduction of a comprehensive capital gains tax on inflation- adjusted capital gains at the time of realisation

-Marginal tax rates and thresholds will be: 0% for $0-$10,000, 19% for $10,001 to $42,500, 33% for $42,501 to $80,000, and 39% from $80,001.

-new eco-taxes.... Farming Fisherman miners transport etc ...look out for yes more taxes

-Introduce a water levy

-Increase Road use Taxes + higher Fuel Taxes to fund more windmills LOL
    Last edited by JBmurc; 01-12-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu