sharetrader
Page 233 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1331832232292302312322332342352362372432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 16077
    Advanced Member

LZ you are a hard Labour supporter and just like the Catholic and the Protestants in Northern Ireland you are incapable of adopting any other position. You will continue to see all that Labour say or do as good and glorious. Whether you are right or wrong doesn't matter - you will be able to explain away anything that happens in terms of your undying faith. As an outsider, raised outside the left/right system, I feel that you should be preparing yourself for a loss this time around - the odds against you are growing.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    labour rode a global boom. National kept the country ahead if the pack during a global recession.

A few extra pokies for a FREE convention centre - are you really complaining about that.
    I'm complaining about that because SKY obtained a deal that most other businesses will never get. They can move the staff from the existing convention centre into the newer bigger one, they'll no doubt make accomodation out of the space left behind, and they're building on land that I think they didn't have to pay for. Plus they are guaranteed income under their newly extended gaming licence, that was arranged at the same time. How many full-time jobs will be generated from all that? I'm not sure it'll be huge. Very profitable, sure.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    LZ you are a hard Labour supporter and just like the Catholic and the Protestants in Northern Ireland you are incapable of adopting any other position. You will continue to see all that Labour say or do as good and glorious. Whether you are right or wrong doesn't matter - you will be able to explain away anything that happens in terms of your undying faith. As an outsider, raised outside the left/right system, I feel that you should be preparing yourself for a loss this time around - the odds against you are growing.
    Hi Craic, I must admit that the more I read and research what has happened to NZ in the last 10-20 years, the more I see a pattern emerging. It does have a lot to do with the incumbent govt's attitude to globalisation, but they have never spelt it out like that.

Regarding this next election, I would expect that an Internet Party, Green Party, protest vote, combined with Labour's, should get over the line. If the Internet Party had a more politically savvy frontsperson, they could get over the 5% threshold. Expensive marketing would clinch it. So it's Act and National who should be worrying..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    What? I hate to have to remind you Cuzzie, but Labour's last term coincided with a meteoric improvement in the state's fiscal position, and under National we have mostly seen the opposite. You can argue the GFC and two big earthquakes were the primary cause of that. But there is no evidence for your claim that National has dug us out of a hole that Labour put the country into. That is just a big blatant lie.
    No evidence, you have to be joking. I wont even reply to that crap seen as you have called me a lair, but I will ask you to give me evidence that National did not dug us out of a hole that Labour put the country into. Otherwise you would be full of it easy (EZ). I believe foot in mouth is something your familiar with. Come on man, there is good and bad with both parties, just Labour lacks with the good & National the bad.

Banned

Hi Craic, I must admit that the more I read and research what has happened to NZ in the last 10-20 years, the more I see a pattern emerging. It does have a lot to do with the incumbent govt's attitude to globalisation, but they have never spelt it out like that.

Regarding this next election, I would expect that an Internet Party, Green Party, protest vote, combined with Labour's, should get over the line. If the Internet Party had a more politically savvy frontsperson, they could get over the 5% threshold. Expensive marketing would clinch it. So it's Act and National who should be worrying..
    Fat-Man wont be stealing any votes from the right if that's what you think, just more Labour votes getting divided. If your happy with that then we both argee for once.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    No evidence, you have to be joking. I wont even reply to that crap seen as you have called me a lair, but I will ask you to give me evidence that National did not dug us out of a hole that Labour put the country into. Otherwise you would be full of it easy (EZ). I believe foot in mouth is something your familiar with. Come on man, there is good and bad with both parties, just Labour lacks with the good & National the bad.
    Cuzzie, I think you'll find all the evidence you need in the spreadsheet link attached to this recent post. You won't see a govt chart of the data, because it looks so bad for National.

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post454611
    Last edited by elZorro; 18-01-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Obviously EZ/Labour would not have helped Christchurch out with the earthquakes - too much temporary government debt involved. Which is probably why the Chch party vote went National last time - for the first time....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Obviously EZ/Labour would not have helped Christchurch out with the earthquakes - too much temporary government debt involved. Which is probably why the Chch party vote went National last time - for the first time....
    But they voted in a Labour person as Mayor, with a very strong majority.

Of course Labour would have helped out in Christchurch. And they'd have kept more jobs open at the same time.

The Internet Party is getting a lot of press. I think it'll make the next election a lot more interesting for younger voters. Bryce is right, they'll head for the polytechs and the universities and do their marketing there. That's cheap and very effective.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nz-poli...ceed-ck-150738

It's a fairly harmless sort of a party, but if it succeeds in getting more people to think about voting, it'll work in Labour's favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    labour rode a global boom. National kept the country ahead if the pack during a global recession.

A few extra pokies for a FREE convention centre - are you really complaining about that.
    Love the irony here, as National ride the current boom created by a natural disaster, while claiming victory on the economy.
    Last edited by Heffner; 19-01-2014 at 09:14 AM.

I'm complaining about that because SKY obtained a deal that most other businesses will never get. They can move the staff from the existing convention centre into the newer bigger one, they'll no doubt make accomodation out of the space left behind, and they're building on land that I think they didn't have to pay for. Plus they are guaranteed income under their newly extended gaming licence, that was arranged at the same time. How many full-time jobs will be generated from all that? I'm not sure it'll be huge. Very profitable, sure.

Very true indeed EZ. Something I have been finding hard to stomach, is the continuous rhetoric about the large amount of jobs the convention centre will create. SKYCITY is one of, if not the largest employers of foreign workers on Work Visas in NZ. The jobs that will come available will be for minimum wage, on a casual "as is required" contract that won't guarantee hours or income.