sharetrader
Page 267 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1672172572632642652662672682692702712773173677671267 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 16077
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

National should be worried about the long tail and middle NZ. If Labour can appeal to them through the likes of Shane Jones and many other opposition MPs who are stepping up, maybe more of them will vote this year.
    Why should National be worried about middle NZ. They are by and large National supporters today because Labour forgot them and doesn't understand them. I agree Shane Jones is a formidable politician (not sure about his Countdown attack though) and I've always thought he was in the wrong party. But I am curious as to what "other opposition MPs who are stepping up" you are referring to ? Any names ? From where I sit, Labour appears awfully silent so I assume you are talking about Russell Norman and Winston Peters with his made up stories !

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I think Cunliffe has taken the old adage to heart 'better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt'.
    Like it ..... good advice but he still opens his mouth too much

Methinks Nats will clean up this election .... by default ...... and that's not really good news

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Why should National be worried about middle NZ. They are by and large National supporters today because Labour forgot them and doesn't understand them. I agree Shane Jones is a formidable politician (not sure about his Countdown attack though) and I've always thought he was in the wrong party. But I am curious as to what "other opposition MPs who are stepping up" you are referring to ? Any names ? From where I sit, Labour appears awfully silent so I assume you are talking about Russell Norman and Winston Peters with his made up stories !
    I think I saw David Parker on the news the other day. Maybe they are keeping Shane Jones in the spotlight in case too many more Labour MPs would confuse people.

Al Nisbet had a funny cartoon today which I can't access, showing him being a high-flier while David Cunliffe was still on the ground. Always some truth in good humour.

But if you look at the wording in what Shane Jones said in parliament, the timing of it in election year, and that it's had a big effect -with even National unable to walk away from it this time- I think this was a calculated release date. How many others do they have ready?

[QUOTE=Cuzzie;463313]
    Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    I'll except that immigration could just be a short term boost, but that is something that can only be confirmed after the fact not before. NZ could easily house 22 million, I think another 800,000 in the next ten or fifteen years will do a lot to pay for the baby boomers retirement quite nicely thank you very much.
    Wow, I gave you one oil companies quarterly profit figures which can be confirmed by going on the TAG Oil website and you say most wells drilled are unproductive. TAG's last quarter profit was $12,939,442 forget about the unproductive wells which TAG has too, look at that profit. Not bad for just one Junior Oil Corp. Then you say, " If there is oil there it might be more beneficial in the long term to NZ to leave it in the ground and get the benefit of far higher oil prices as the easy oil runs out." Bollocks, if the Greenies get their way any oil left in the ground will be worth nothing. Go get it now baby. Most of the Gas alone will be exported directly to China earning NZ billions in revenue. I think what you are trying to say is leave it in the ground until Labour is in power and they can gain the benefit from it. Tough titties westerly, it was National that encouraged and stimulated the oil industry and it will be National's baby even if the Green Labour party win the election.
    Cuzzie, Tag oils $12,939,442 profit was actually revenue not profit. I suggest you read the footnotes to the news release which explain in detail the risks involved in oil exploration. Good luck with Tag however. Tag also suggest the gas will be sold in NZ not exported. Australia will probably supply China
    As for another 800,000 in the next 10-15 years, we have enough difficulty housing the present population.

westerly

Interesting reading through the posts today regarding left/right divide and the assumptions that national delivers and left of centre governments dont. First of all let me decalre my background, I was raised in state house which my hardworking parents bought. I am a high salary earner, financially literate and own shares. I am instiinctively a social democrat so usually vote Labour. My father was a small businessman who deeply distrusted National. . Dont forget in the 1990s the Presdient of the Labour Party was the late Michael Hirscfeld, highly intelligent man( and very wealthy) who owned Mico Wakefield. He had no probelms running a significant business and being a life long social democrat

Banned

[QUOTE=westerly;463360]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post

Cuzzie, Tag oils $12,939,442 profit was actually revenue not profit. I suggest you read the footnotes to the news release which explain in detail the risks involved in oil exploration. Good luck with Tag however. Tag also suggest the gas will be sold in NZ not exported. Australia will probably supply China
    As for another 800,000 in the next 10-15 years, we have enough difficulty housing the present population.

westerly
    westerly, your right revenue not profit. Not bad netting $12,939,442 in one quarter, not bad at all. There is risk in every share you buy, do you not read the footnotes of the companies you invest in? No difference, so fail to see why you would even post that. TAGs testing results are in and they are a green light. Test results take the risk out of investing somewhat if they are positive westerly. I invested before those all those results were known & it was a risk, but now I'm feeling great about the risk that I took. I'm happy.
    The increase of Gas will be coming from the East Coast play and there will be far too much of it to be sold in NZ. There's a high probability that both MES and NZEC separately have more oil & gas than TAG on the East Coast and the HBRIC & Eastland Port stand to increase their revenue too once up and running. This huge increase in Gas will be exported to China.

westerly, always the negative from lefties, just think of housing a further 800,000 over the decade and what that would do to boost our economy. How many Kiwis live in Aussie alone? As our economy continually out shines Australia you will have more and more Kiwis coming home and less moving over.

Banned

Regarding Kim Dotcom, most businesses have their share of slow-paying customers. It's called B.S.ing and it's not cool.
    EZ, so if Dotcom does pay his bills eventually that is not cool, I agree. What if he does not pay his bills and one or two businesses fold because they could not pay their bills due to Dotcom not paying them?
    What's the adjective you would use to describe anybody, not just Dotcom who wont pay their bills due to any circumstance and a that business shuts down as a result?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    EZ, so if Dotcom does pay his bills eventually that is not cool, I agree. What if he does not pay his bills and one or two businesses fold because they could not pay their bills due to Dotcom not paying them?
    What's the adjective you would use to describe anybody, not just Dotcom who wont pay their bills due to any circumstance and a that business shuts down as a result?
    From what I've seen Cuzzie, not too many will be giving Dotcom a great deal of credit. Not enough to sink their businesses. Their BS-o-meters will be running full bore by now. They are doing the right thing. I did that once to a bad debtor, I posted their details including their addresses and phone numbers on the web, and also a bit about what they had been getting up to. Where professional debt collectors failed, I got my bill paid in full in return for taking the details off the web. This is because everything I posted was true.

Kim Dotcom won't be able to get these details removed, it's gone too far.

Banned

From what I've seen Cuzzie, not too many will be giving Dotcom a great deal of credit. Not enough to sink their businesses. Their BS-o-meters will be running full bore by now. They are doing the right thing. I did that once to a bad debtor, I posted their details including their addresses and phone numbers on the web, and also a bit about what they had been getting up to. Where professional debt collectors failed, I got my bill paid in full in return for taking the details off the web. This is because everything I posted was true.

Kim Dotcom won't be able to get these details removed, it's gone too far.
    Nice reply & good for you. I have just done something similar and I too got the desired result.

The Wolf of Sharetrader