sharetrader
Page 269 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1692192592652662672682692702712722732793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 16077

Did you note the amusing story doing the rounds in Britain....

A banker, a Daily Mail reader and a refugee are somehow by accident at morning tea in a café.
    On the table in front of them are twelve biscuits.

The banker takes eleven of them and says to the Daily Mail reader "Careful, the refugee wants to take your biscuit!".

Heh heh heh!

For those who wonder why Cunliffe is not making any progress....

To raise your share of the vote you need to attract people who vote for other parties or those who don't vote. Cunliffe is not even trying to do this.

Take the minimum wage issue. Quite apart from powerful arguments about crashing the labour market for youth entrants and unemployed trying to get back in and making some industries uneconomic, raising the minimum wage will attract the vote of those (a) too young to vote (b) already vote Labour or Green (c) are so disorganized/lackadaisical that they don't bother to enroll or vote anyway.

The more time and energy Cunliffe spends on this issue the less he will garner any extra votes. See what I mean? But I suppose I shouldn't really be pointing this out to EZ etc but quietly chortling as I read the paper.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    For those who wonder why Cunliffe is not making any progress....

To raise your share of the vote you need to attract people who vote for other parties or those who don't vote. Cunliffe is not even trying to do this.

Take the minimum wage issue. Quite apart from powerful arguments about crashing the labour market for youth entrants and unemployed trying to get back in and making some industries uneconomic, raising the minimum wage will attract the vote of those (a) too young to vote (b) already vote Labour or Green (c) are so disorganized/lackadaisical that they don't bother to enroll or vote anyway.

The more time and energy Cunliffe spends on this issue the less he will garner any extra votes. See what I mean? But I suppose I shouldn't really be pointing this out to EZ etc but quietly chortling as I read the paper.
    Don't worry MVT, after filtering some of what I see, I'll certainly send Labour some advice. I'd quite like to see some graphs of economic results during Labour's and then National's terms, in their campaign material. Labour always try hard to get drivers to take people to polling stations, maybe I'll do that this time.

I can tell that you are torn, MVT. You know what's fair, but that's not always how it works out, is it.

Banned

Default This could be a game changer!!!

EZ remember this conversation you and I had over people not paying their bills and companies going bust because they in turn could not pay their bills?
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    From what I've seen Cuzzie, not too many will be giving Dotcom a great deal of credit. Not enough to sink their businesses. Their BS-o-meters will be running full bore by now. They are doing the right thing. I did that once to a bad debtor, I posted their details including their addresses and phone numbers on the web, and also a bit about what they had been getting up to. Where professional debt collectors failed, I got my bill paid in full in return for taking the details off the web. This is because everything I posted was true.

Kim Dotcom won't be able to get these details removed, it's gone too far.

Well mate I'm afraid to tell you it was a leading question on my part.
    I was about to drop a bomb shell about a certain high flying member of the Labour party that did just that recently. Hint - this person has a do-up Then that poll came along and I thought don't kick a man why he is down, wait until such a time where Labour might be polling better to bring him back a peg or two. I also needed to do some more research on whether this information is true or not. I still have not confirmed that so most certainly wont be saying a thing until I'm happy that this is 100% correct. I do have some doubts, however this person is adamant and if true will be a big game changer and might just see massive changers before the upcoming election. This is no joke EZ and will apologize profusely to you for even bringing this up before confirmation on my part, however if it is true you will either have to eat your words above or vote National. That's how damming this is.

Major von Tempsky, I would like your opinion on how to handle this news. P.M me and I'll tell you what I've been told if you promise to keep quite about it until we have confirmation. I know Whale Oil Beef Hooked could dine out for six months or so on this news and he probably will.

AWOL

This bombshell you are about to drop - ensure it is not a shrapnel bomb or you may have a few pieces in places you dont want them. Intrigued nevertheless.

Legend

Cuzzie, I only posted some bad debtor details on the web in a very tucked away place that would normally only get accessed by a fairly specific google-type search. Like from other people who were owed money by the same outfit. And I only did that, after trying fruitlessly to contact them over several months. I got no replies, even though they were obviously still trading.

So my advice now, is that until you know for sure that there is no dispute of the bill, say, and nothing has happened after normal avenues have been tried, not to say anything in public unless you don't mind being hauled into court. Especially if it's not your bill that hasn't been paid.

I once had a guy threaten to pull the iron off my recently repaired roof if I didn't pay the last 10% of the ever-increasing bill which I'd withheld. Well that was because he only put one coat of paint on the roof, and not the three coats he talked about in his quote.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    This bombshell you are about to drop - ensure it is not a shrapnel bomb or you may have a few pieces in places you dont want them. Intrigued nevertheless.
    I hear you Minerbarejet and that is some concern for me. That's why I have not posted it yet.

Banned

Cuzzie, I only posted some bad debtor details on the web in a very tucked away place that would normally only get accessed by a fairly specific google-type search. Like from other people who were owed money by the same outfit. And I only did that, after trying fruitlessly to contact them over several months. I got no replies, even though they were obviously still trading.

So my advice now, is that until you know for sure that there is no dispute of the bill, say, and nothing has happened after normal avenues have been tried, not to say anything in public unless you don't mind being hauled into court. Especially if it's not your bill that hasn't been paid.

I once had a guy threaten to pull the iron off my recently repaired roof if I didn't pay the last 10% of the ever-increasing bill which I'd withheld. Well that was because he only put one coat of paint on the roof, and not the three coats he talked about in his quote.
    I hear you too, advice taken on board.

Banned

Default Matt McCarten confirmed as Cunliffe's chief of staff.

Funny that. The link is http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11210236

Might be able to confirm one way or another my Game Changer story this evening. Just waiting for a phone call.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Funny that. The link is http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11210236

Might be able to confirm one way or another my Game Changer story this evening. Just waiting for a phone call.
    I think McCarten will be enough of a game changer without anything else.