sharetrader
Page 270 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1702202602662672682692702712722732742803203707701270 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 16077
    Dilettante

Yes Matt McCarten is a formidable political operator. He will need all his skills to bridge the obvious gap between Cunliffe and the parliamentary Labour party. This appointment further entrenches Cunliffe's lurch to the left.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes Matt McCarten is a formidable political operator. He will need all his skills to bridge the obvious gap between Cunliffe and the parliamentary Labour party. This appointment further entrenches Cunliffe's lurch to the left.
    And further entrenches him in the same losing mould as Goff and Shearer.

Yep, thats certain to isolate a large part of the centrist vote from looking to Labour. A bad appointment I would have thought.

More bad news for the left..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...kicking-report
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11209844

Banned

Well, got conformation finally. It's watered down somewhat and not what I call a game changer now, just extremely damming.

EZ a business was closed down partly because of this Labour high flyer not paying his bills on time and one weeks wage was lost by all and the business folded . The word, "partly" & not solely is the watered down change. Others had not paid in time too. The Labour high flyers bill was paid after a long delay to the liquidator to try and save face and that long delay cost peoples jobs. That's peoples jobs, not just one persons job & the business.
    That's sometime I'm proud to say I have never done and I will wait until such a time where I can do the most damage to this arrogant a-hole. No threat of legal action against me as this is now water tight, but a real threat of losing multiple votes just before an election. This story will more than likely make it to the headlines if I wait too long as we are talking about many pissed-off people here. Not a problem, after all it's there story and should be told be them & not me anyway.
    EZ & other Labour supporters, it fair to say that you wont be best pleased with what unfolded. Here is another hint, "he is not short".

I will leave it for later on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Yep, thats certain to isolate a large part of the centrist vote from looking to Labour. A bad appointment I would have thought.

Every day the news gets better for National and worse for the Green Labour party. Let the good times roll.

This made me belly laugh : (courtesy of a respondent on whale oil)

'Cunliffe: habitational name from a place in Lancashire, near Rishton, recorded in 1246 as Kunteclive, from Old English ****e ‘****’ + clif ‘slope’, i.e. ‘slope with a slit or crack in it’.

Could we have a new catchphrase? He's made a right cunliffe of himself

oh, for the ******'s just rearrange the letters C N T U

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    This made me belly laugh : (courtesy of a respondent on whale oil)

'Cunliffe: habitational name from a place in Lancashire, near Rishton, recorded in 1246 as Kunteclive, from Old English ****e ‘****’ + clif ‘slope’, i.e. ‘slope with a slit or crack in it’.

Could we have a new catchphrase? He's made a right cunliffe of himself

oh, for the ******'s just rearrange the letters C N T U
    Grow up little man

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post

Slimwin, neither of those two articles imply jobs for most of provincial NZ are in the offing.

The current economic recovery will be concentrated in service sector jobs in large urban centres."
    So probably not high paying jobs, and you need to be paying dearly for accommodation there, plus transport costs.

The manufacturing charts are talked up by Castalia, but they failed to mention that in two years the manufacturing sector shrivelled back as a portion of total GDP. It went backwards, it got worse, and more people ended up on the jobless queue. Some of whom are fairly dependent on that type of job for an income. The charts also don't show what the story was in 2008. I'm picking it was a lot better again.

It's 2014. If they are very lucky, with a tailwind of high dairy exports and the turnover from the CHCH rebuild, the National Govt can claim that in six years, they have now almost achieved the same economic performance that Labour achieved by 2008. Except they have put the crown capital accounts well into the red to do it, and we'll be paying off that historic debt for years to come. For most of the five and a bit years they have been in office, NZ's economic performance has been well below the 2008 level. GDP per capita has been lower, in other words the workforce has been less efficient. They have achieved nothing, we are directionless and weakened as a country. New jobs have not kept pace with a working age population increase.

They'll now try to sell 30% of Genesis Energy, to obtain $490mill or so. The Huntly Power Station is just one of its assets. To rebuild that main station now, would probably cost $3,000 million. The E3P gas cogen is on top of that. So who is going to get a good deal out of the Genesis sale? Not the govt or the taxpayers.

Herald editorial: some interesting comments, but they still stay the private sector will make better decisions? Based on what experiences?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11210470

Huntly might be an aging station, but it has a good weatherproof cover over it, much of the control gear has been replaced relatively recently, and they are still refurbishing parts that have been in place for nearly 40 years. The intention surely is to keep this station largely available for service in the future.
    Last edited by elZorro; 27-02-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Advanced Member

Cuzzie, I thought only left wingers came up with stuff like that. Some figure - who might be prominent - owes money to people/employees? - and he might be politically embarrassed? When someone gets upset enough to make a fuss?

Another pointless comparison EZ. Comparing progress in boom times to progress in a world depression. Fortunately the average voter (the Center)isn't as myotpic as that.