sharetrader
Page 274 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1742242642702712722732742752762772782843243747741274 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 16077
    Banned

Default ACT would repeal RMA

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    The ACT party looks like they're taking "crazy" to new heights. They want to entirely scrap the RMA and replace it with something sketchy. National has not gone far enough. I suppose these ACT people also assume that once you're driving a car on a road, everyone else should simply get out of your way.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/act-wou...hyte-ck-152663
    I like what Whyte is saying here, finial some common sense from this man. "ACT wants to repeal the Resource Management Act" Great, what's wrong with that EZ? I understand your need to control the lives & private property of New Zealanders EZ being from the left. Personally I would like the freedom (that's freedom as in choice, not that I would) to chop down a Pohutukawa tree if it was blocking my beautiful view of the coast line and I would not like to get prosecuted for removing brunches off native trees if they are rotten or diseased. They way the act stands now both of those two examples have happened under the act many times and one person who was responsible for the chopped down Pohutukawa tree without permission was not prosecuted. However the couple who tried to save native trees by removing rotten and diseased brunches are getting prosecuted. Too much confusion and not enough fair play, the act needs to go.

BTW, it was "Sue Kedgley the Green MP" who went ahead and cut the Pohutakawa blocking her view without a permit or any neighborhood consent.

The couple getting prosecuted for removing brunches off native trees are a pair of elderly environmentalists, that's real Greenies with common sense, not the pretenders you see parading themselves on T.V that cut down Pohutukawa trees without getting prosecuted.
    Link here/ http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/love...-trees-5840835

Banned

Default Cunliffe admits he blundered attacking Key as 'out of touch'

David Cunliffe has admitted he blundered in attacking John Key for being “out of touch” because he’s rich and lives in a “leafy suburb.” The comment was derided by political commenttor David Farrar, who noted the Leader of the Opposition gets a salary of $268,500 a year and a superannuation subsidy of almost $30,000 so a remuneration package of around $300,000 a year. His wife, a partner at a top Auckland law firm, would earns somewhere north of $244,460.
    In case you missed my inserted link above, click this/

A "middle range" existence? How the Cunliffe's $550K annual income breaks down

That should be EZ enough to see!!!

He also withdrew a promise by previous Labour leader David Shearer that Greens will get a share of Cabinet seats proportionate to their vote. So a split away from the Greens, he has finally seen the light, but if he needs the numbers to form a Govt. he reverses that statement by saying, “that depends on how the voters decide.”. He's not saying anything but the, "fact he wants it both ways". I guess the good thing here is the Greenies are left out to dry where they belong, but will that change the way they (The Greens) feel about Cunliffe after doing the dirty on them? Hmmm!! Either way, I like what's happening here. All good for Key and another three years. Maybe we should start talking who will be the next Labour Leader in opposition after this years election.

Link here/ http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/cunliff...ouch-ck-152667

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    I like what Whyte is saying here, finial some common sense from this man. "ACT wants to repeal the Resource Management Act" Great, what's wrong with that EZ? I understand your need to control the lives & private property of New Zealanders EZ being from the left. Personally I would like the freedom (that's freedom as in choice, not that I would) to chop down a Pohutukawa tree if it was blocking my beautiful view of the coast line and I would not like to get prosecuted for removing brunches off native trees if they are rotten or diseased. They way the act stands now both of those two examples have happened under the act many times and one person who was responsible for the chopped down Pohutukawa tree without permission was not prosecuted. However the couple who tried to save native trees by removing rotten and diseased brunches are getting prosecuted. Too much confusion and not enough fair play, the act needs to go.

BTW, it was "Sue Kedgley the Green MP" who went ahead and cut the Pohutakawa blocking her view without a permit or any neighborhood consent.

The couple getting prosecuted for removing brunches off native trees are a pair of elderly environmentalists, that's real Greenies with common sense, not the pretenders you see parading themselves on T.V that cut down Pohutukawa trees without getting prosecuted.
    Link here/ http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/love...-trees-5840835

There's a lot wrong with the RMA. Few would dispute that, but chucking it out would be disastrous and, far from what Jamie Whyte says about owners' rights, scrapping it would remove the protection of their rights. I doubt that he has read the act.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Cuzzie, Are you saying that because you are rich you must be "out of touch" with what it's like to be poor?

Staying "in touch" with the 20% plus of our society that is significantly disadvantaged is about taking an interest and using empathy.

Cunliffe is talking about their needs and the need to improve their lot. Score one point to Cunliffe.

Key says almost nothing. Key scores zero. ... One to Cunliffe I think.
    Well that is a main point of difference between the right and the left. National policies encourage and help the poor help themselves that's a good thing, generally all left wing policies are designed for the hard working middle class to help the poor who wont help themselves. I'm never in the mood to hand over my hard earned cash to those who want it and I wont start now. The way I see it, Cunliffe will never get a point off me for increasing my taxes to help the lazy ones who want it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    There's a lot wrong with the RMA. Few would dispute that, but chucking it out would be disastrous and, far from what Jamie Whyte says about owners' rights, scrapping it would remove the protection of their rights. I doubt that he has read the act.
    Fair enough, the point is that it needs reviewing, a reversal of the Resource Management Act might be going one step too far.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Fair enough, the point is that it needs reviewing, a reversal of the Resource Management Act might be going one step too far.
    Maybe, but the policy is consistent with classical liberalism, which is where ACT is (re)positioning itself. If ACT become a partner in government, they may make a review of the RMA a bottom line, and perhaps contribute to review guidelines / terms of reference which identify / reduce unnecessary government involvement. "Unnecessary" needing a bit of a definition though!

In any case, a policy of scrapping the RMA will get attention, and that can't be a bad thing. It does seem to have been hijacked by a wide range of interest groups over the years.

Advanced Member

So the latest piece of political and economic wizardry from D Cunliffe is the raising of the remains of the Rena from the rocks and its disposal at great cost to the owners, who, according to DC will be made to pay in full? I think the vast majority of voters in the country couldn't give a stuff about another wreck around our coastline - one of hundreds. Some locals are making a song and dance about it but that is human nature - find something to make a song and dance about. It should provide some interest for divers and fishermen and if you haven't got a GPS system to tell you that its there, you should not be at sea in charge of a boat.

Craic me thinks you are of centre right persuasion and obviously dont liike David Cunliffe? Hopefully you are not orwellian enough to subscibe to the mantra Labour = bad National = always good. No one, either a political party, or an individual has a monopoly on widsom. Economic cycles are simply that , politicians take the credit in good times and when economies contract these are forces which must be endured. Give Labour credit when its due: they recognised China in 1972- National vehemently opposed, Labour negiotiated FTA with China, Labour facilitated establishment of Fonterra. As for not being Business friendly (whatever that means) the Presdient of lLabour Party in 1990s was Michael Hirscfeld a multi millionaire who owned a company you may have heard of :Mico- Wakefield You can have social democrat governments and very successful economies, Norway, Sweden, Finland ,Denmark, Netherlands, not exactly economic basket caes are they???
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 03-03-2014 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling

NBR getting stuck into our Davev re where his donations came from.

All this to much for me and the gossip about short or was it tall ones not paying bills on time turns me off

At this rate will have to make my vote invalid ....at least counted as such

Advanced Member

You are fairly close. My favourite uncle was Frank Purcell. He spent his life looking after the welfare of the Irish workers. He spent time in a British gaol for his actions as a "rebel" whatever that means and a leader of rebels in 1916 and 1922. He served years as General Secretary of the Irish Transport and General Workers Union and served as the Labour Representative in the Irish Senate until his death. I have trouble with Labour in this country because it not a phisosophy based on the needs of the oppressed but rather a party based on opposition to the right based on a manufactured inequality. It is probably hard for native New Zealanders to understand what it is like to try to function in the place where I came from. Three quarters of the worlds poor would gladly change places with NZs poor tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Craic me thinks you are of centre right persuasion and obviously dont liike David Cunliffe? Hopefully you are not orwellian enough to subscibe to the mantra Labour = bad National = always good. No one, either a political party, or an individual has a monopoly on widsom. Economic cycles are simply that , politicians take the credit in good times and when economies contract these are forces which must be endured. Give Labour credit when its due: they recognised China in 1972- National vehemently opposed, Labour negiotiated FTA with China, Labour facilitated establishment of Fonterra. As for not being Business friendly (whatever that means) the Presdient of lLabour Party in 1990s was Michael Hirscfeld a multi millionaire who owned a company you may have heard of :Mico- Wakefield You can have social democrat governments and very successful economies, Norway, Sweden, Finland ,Denmark, Netherlands, not exactly economic basket caes are they???
    Last edited by craic; 04-03-2014 at 08:19 AM.