sharetrader
Page 327 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2272773173233243253263273283293303313373774278271327 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Interested to know where in Asia you think that you might be better off than here? Been to a lot of places there and never found one.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Pretty cynical action by the National party. Skullduggery IMO. Been too outraged to post. Shonkey's power grab needs to be stopped. One notes the media pretty much gave Shonkey a free ride on this (the media has been bought off). One suspects egg throwing will just be the beginning of the violent displays. ... Another step to becoming yet another banana republic ... Very sad. Asia is beckoning to belgie.
    I am aware of several instances where the Labour Party did not know when they had an effective politician in their ranks and failed to use that person effectively. The opposition, on the other hand, are able to make use of this failure and this is their job. As an example, Labour had the Maori Party as their strongest support for decades but they let go and National demonstrated that they could utilise that strength. Being "too outraged to post" simply means that you cannot cope with good politics. Don't bother going to Asia, you won't like it there. Study John Key in New Zealand - and learn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Hmm Cuzzie, I am not sure about your optimism for 2017 , 2020. By that time there are two challenges which afflict any long term government regardless be they on the political Right or the Left.
    Inevitably internal rivalries within a party develop. The longer you are in power the closer you are to being not in power. All experienced politicians instinctively realise this. MPs will ponder the realties of their future and how this reconciles any latent ambition. Inevitably behind the smiles and congratulatory handshakes at another term in office many will want to see senior cabinet Ministers move on in order to advance their own career. An ambitious thirty something MP will realise that eventually their party will lose power and calculate the best way to advance their own career. Many less senior National MPs will be quietly pleased with the predicament Judith Collins now finds herself. The other malady which long term governing parties have to eventually confront is the rather simple one of an electorate peception of" time for a change" which Jenny Shipley conceded in 1999 is actually remarkably hard to bat away. Anyway just my observation, as much about human nature a well as politics
    S.P, yeah good post and observation, I also agree with iceman & fungus pudding with their comments on your post and you are right. How can I agree with f.p at the same time then? It's all about the Greens factor and what they bring to the table.
    The biggest problem with the Greens is they have got behind Global Warming 100% and Global Warming is the biggest scam in the history of mankind. Greenpeace and Green orgs. had no choice as they are funded by the U.N and told what to say. Their hands are tied and if they get into power here, we will all be under the same environmentalist region as the greens which is of course is bogus as bogus can get. Pity EZ and westerly did not want to carry on the Global Warming Scam debate, but that was a good call on their part.

You see to understand Global Warming you need to know the history, how it started, who was behind it, who makes money from it, which scientists have made money from it, who was the first expert to say that Global Warming is not happening, which scientists disappeared opposing it and what the experts are now saying about this scam.
    I wont answer all of the above as I want to enjoy our long weekend so will give you a very brief explanation and then you can join the dots for yourself.

Here goes, just three answers/
    How it started, who was behind it & who was the first expert to say that Global Warming is not happening? The answers are- Roger Revelle, Roger Revelle & Roger Revelle. Yep that's right, the very man that started the ball rolling realized that he was wrong all along. It was his baby and when he connected the dots it was to late because a certain Harvard ex-student of his, Albert Gore was now making a fortune from Roger Revelle's mistake.

If you have 36 minutes over this long weekend and want to know the full answer to the great scam that is Global Warming, watch this YouTube video: How the Global Warming Scare Began Of note EZ & westerly, John Coleman was the weather man I mentioned before that had signed the petition and he also touches on the 30,000+ scientists that also signed.
    John Coleman, is a grey haired wise old man who nails the Global Warming Scam completely. Oh, you will see negative comments below the video, but that's what the Greenies must do.

This is why Labour can not do a deal with the devil because the cancer they will get from the Greens will eat them alive and that means Labour wont be in a position to win any election in the foreseeable future. Just to finish off, Labor in Aussie have got into bed with the Greens over there, how do you think that's going? Google this and pick any heading: Labor, Greens Lies NWO Agenda Exposed.

Sorry about the long post Sgt. Pepper, but that's why I think you will be wrong on this one. Labour could even be Goneburgers for good if they get to close for the Greens and that's not good for all NZers, left or right of center.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie;
    [FONT=arial
    If you have 36 minutes over this long weekend and want to know the full answer to the great scam that is Global Warming, watch this YouTube video: How the Global Warming Scare Began Of note EZ & westerly, John Coleman was the weather man I mentioned before that had signed the petition and he also touches on the 30,000+ scientists that also signed.[/FONT]
    John Coleman, is a grey haired wise old man who nails the Global Warming Scam completely. Oh, you will see negative comments below the video, but that's what the Greenies must do.

This is why Labour can not do a deal with the devil because the cancer they will get from the Greens will eat them alive and that means Labour wont be in a position to win any election in the foreseeable future. Just to finish off, Labor in Aussie have got into bed with the Greens over there, how do you think that's going? Google this and pick any heading: Labor, Greens Lies NWO Agenda Exposed.

Sorry about the long post Sgt. Pepper, but that's why I think you will be wrong on this one. Labour could even be Goneburgers for good if they get to close for the Greens and that's not good for all NZers, left or right of center.
    Cussie,
    Al Gore gets a good write up on Wikipedia, As for Roger Revelle. This from his daughter after his death --
    "Contrary to George Will's "Al Gore's Green Guilt" Roger Revelle—our father and the "father" of the greenhouse effect—remained deeply concerned about global warming until his death in July 1991. That same year he wrote: "The scientific base for a greenhouse warming is too uncertain to justify drastic action at this time." Will and other critics of Sen. Al Gore have seized these words to suggest that Revelle, who was also Gore's professor and mentor, renounced his belief in global warming. Nothing could be further from the truth. When Revelle inveighed against "drastic" action, he was using that adjective in its literal sense—measures that would cost trillions of dollars. Up until his death, he thought that extreme measures were premature. But he continued to recommend immediate prudent steps to mitigate and delay climatic warming. Some of those steps go well beyond anything Gore or other national politicians have yet to advocate"

John Coleman a tv weatherman which is generally about entertainment rather than forecasting and also a liberterian who are all dead scared their profits and life styles may be effected by any mitigation measures implemented to counter global warming. Possibly the same reason for attacks on the UN and the Green party

westerly

Banned

westerly, not to sure who Cussie is, looks like that's just one more thing you can add to your list that you have got wrong. What I can say is take heed from what Roger's daughter said, "The scientific base for a greenhouse warming is too uncertain to justify drastic action at this time." Beautiful if your using that as a message that I support. That backs up what I'm saying so not sure what you are on about, or what you are on!
    As for a weatherman being some sort of entertainer in your humble opinion, that is exactly what I am talking about with the Greenies. Weather is not some form of entertainment that you can manipulate, but very serious to all our lives. You may think hurricanes, cyclones, drought, flooding or thunderstorms is entertainment westerly, however you will find that most of us do not. We all watch the six o'clock news to see what's heading our way and we trust those who forecast it to us. The U.N, Greenies and westerly (as just quoted by westerly it'self) all think weather and weather forecasters are some form of entertainment to be modified and played with to promote Global Warming. It does not matter if John Coleman is left or right, it's not about that, it more about good and evil. BTW, you are promoting the evil. Hey but don't listen to me, listen to EZ and promote the Green party as the savior for the Labour party, all I'm trying to say is, it could be the death of both parties - & good riddance too.
    P.M belg, he might want somebody to carry his bags for him out of NZ, that could be your ticket out of paradise into Asia where you will meet the real poor - not the lazy layabouts that get looked after by our tax payer money. Money talks over there and that's why Greenpeace and the U.N will make some ground, intelligence rules here and most Kiwis can see the king without his clothes on.

One must ask but westerly - are you on drugs?

Legend

Cuzzie, 1991 was 23 years ago. We have a lot more data now. The models are getting more accurate. If you want to deny that the ice shelves are melting, fire away. What about the rate of the melt, does that not disturb you? We are seeing unprecedented rates of change in some areas. If you want to deny that humans have anything to do with it, and cannot change anything, then there is still the issue that economies around the world need profit to prosper.

Historically, they have done that when human effort is multiplied. Stone tools, metal, agriculture, after that energy in the form of fossil fuels. Now those fuels are priced too high for consistent profits worldwide. We have got to move away from fossil fuels anyway. Can we afford to wait until 100% of people agree with AGW, or should we start this year, in NZ? Belgarion is correct to be horrified that National jacked up a job for Shane Jones. But as one of a few dinosaurs in the Labour party, maybe they'll be better off. Now there is no loud dissenting voice from Labour over a coalition with the Greens. I applaud that, I really do. The mere fact that some rightwing National supporters liked Shane Jones, is not a good reason to have him as a Labour MP.

Advanced Member

Oh dear! We are upset with Shane Jones. All he really did was suggest, in a very polite way that Labour was running around in ever diminishing circles and we all know where that leads. That he has accepted a job that is clearly in keeping with his experience and skills is what most sensible people do from time to time. I wonder what David Cunliffe will do when he gets the push - Join the Greens?

Banned

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Cuzzie, 1991 was 23 years ago. We have a lot more data now. The models are getting more accurate. If you want to deny that the ice shelves are melting, fire away. What about the rate of the melt, does that not disturb you? We are seeing unprecedented rates of change in some areas. If you want to deny that humans have anything to do with it, and cannot change anything, then there is still the issue that economies around the world need profit to prosper.

Historically, they have done that when human effort is multiplied. Stone tools, metal, agriculture, after that energy in the form of fossil fuels. Now those fuels are priced too high for consistent profits worldwide. We have got to move away from fossil fuels anyway. Can we afford to wait until 100% of people agree with AGW, or should we start this year, in NZ? Belgarion is correct to be horrified that National jacked up a job for Shane Jones. But as one of a few dinosaurs in the Labour party, maybe they'll be better off. Now there is no loud dissenting voice from Labour over a coalition with the Greens. I applaud that, I really do. The mere fact that some rightwing National supporters liked Shane Jones, is not a good reason to have him as a Labour MP.
    EZ back in 2007, would be the moment when the Arctic was “ice-free” according to Albert Gore. Yet 2007 summer’s ice-melt has been the smallest in seven years, and the global extent of polar sea ice is currently equal to its average over the past 34 years. Tuvalu and the Maldives have not vanishing beneath the waves. Far from hurricanes and tornadoes becoming more frequent and intense, their incidence is lower than it has been for decades. The Himalayan glaciers are not on course to have melted by 2035, as the IPCC’s last report predicted in 2007. Nothing has changed except that the IPCC itself, as the main driver of the scare, has been more comprehensively discredited than ever as no more than a one-sided pressure group, essentially run by a clique of scientific activists committed to their belief that rising CO2 levels threaten the world with an overheating which is not taking place.
    Please start quoting your facts you quote EZ so I can expose them as I surely will. Your fairy tail is easily expose & I fully intend to do just that. Fire away wolf, as in the boy who called wolf. I do have a reply for every post you have on this matter.
    Just to put you up to speed on me a bit, I'm a prolific reader of books and the internet, but I never ever read fiction. Reality is so much more interesting and my favorite subject for the last 30 years has been Global Warming. Fire away and welcome to my world.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Interested to know where in Asia you think that you might be better off than here? Been to a lot of places there and never found one.
    Singapore?
    Taiwan?
    and nothing wrong with the island PaperTiger lives on either

Advanced Member

Try buying a three bedroom house in Singapore or Taiwan. $15 for a small glass of beer in Singapore. Most Singaporeans that I knew or spoke with would give their eye teeth to come and live in NZ. I stayed there in 1990 and again 2010. Their greatest achievement is their ability to stack Chinese twenty floors high.