sharetrader
Page 334 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2342843243303313323333343353363373383443844348341334 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 16077
    Legend

David Parker's idea, a Variable Savings Rate (VSR) could be recorded in history as an outstanding achievement, once it is deployed and tested.

Chris Trotter is wholeheartedly behind the idea, and here is a link to his own blog item. A commentary from him similar to this, appeared in the Waikato Times today. Chris has been a bit disparaging of Labour direction over the last few months, so I take heart from his comments, he generally talks a lot of sense.

As far as the impact on the lower paid is concerned, I have found that generally these people have been the happiest at having the non-compulsory small percentage taken out of their wages and put into a savings fund. Other employees could easily afford a compulsory plan too. With this sort of money being available for NZ capital investments, it's a great tool to control the economy from its excesses.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    David Parker's idea, a Variable Savings Rate (VSR) could be recorded in history as an outstanding achievement, once it is deployed and tested.

Chris Trotter is wholeheartedly behind the idea, and here is a link to his own blog item. A commentary from him similar to this, appeared in the Waikato Times today. Chris has been a bit disparaging of Labour direction over the last few months, so I take heart from his comments, he generally talks a lot of sense.

As far as the impact on the lower paid is concerned, I have found that generally these people have been the happiest at having the non-compulsory small percentage taken out of their wages and put into a savings fund. Other employees could easily afford a compulsory plan too. With this sort of money being available for NZ capital investments, it's a great tool to control the economy from its excesses.
    Have a read of Tony Alexander's view of it in his Weekly Overview, although Belgie doesn't like it !!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Have a read of Tony Alexander's view of it in his Weekly Overview, although Belgie doesn't like it !!
    Do you mean this little item? I don't think he's applied much effort to looking at the policy. What planet is he on? If there is more money available for the sharemarket and capital investments, domestic money at that, we have to be better off longer term.

http://tonyalexander.co.nz/topics/re...-overview-pdf/

More savings will reduce loans needed from Aussie banks, that will cost them some profits. He's being a little disingenuous.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Do you mean this little item? I don't think he's applied much effort to looking at the policy. What planet is he on? If there is more money available for the sharemarket and capital investments, domestic money at that, we have to be better off longer term.

http://tonyalexander.co.nz/topics/re...-overview-pdf/

More savings will reduce loans needed from Aussie banks, that will cost them some profits. He's being a little disingenuous.
    Did you read what he said? He said (paraphrasing to the extreme) more money would flow into sharemarkets when the economy is good, creating a sharemarket bubble, but less money flow into the sharemarket when the economy isn't doing well which is when shares are good value and businesses need supporting.

I dont think he even meantions the size of peoples savings but one has to question how much it will grow as people just reduce their outside of kiwisaver investments to compensate. Say I can afford to save $20k per year. If Kiwisaver goes up, my direct sharemarket investment goes down.

Advanced Member

There is an alternative to Labours savings scheme that is simple to operate, affects everyone and could immediately provide the cash needed for housing - its called GST -say an extra 2%. The wealthy, who spend more pay more and the vehicle for the end user would be State Advances or Housing Corp. - call it what you like. And isn't there something familiar about M Williams doing some handywork on his neighbours bach? Didn't someone from the left have some tiles laid on the promise of an immigration permit? My reading would be that this politician is lining up some very well paid directorates in some Asian based companies for his retirement. C Craig may get a few votes out of the mess but not enough to rattle any cages in this election. Maybe he should form an alliance with Winston - a much more natural alliance than Honi and Winston.
    Last edited by craic; 02-05-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: percentage omitted

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    There is an alternative to Labours savings scheme that is simple to operate, affects everyone and could immediately provide the cash needed for housing - its called GST -say an extra 2%. The wealthy, who spend more pay more and the vehicle for the end user would be State Advances or Housing Corp. - call it what you like. And isn't there something familiar about M Williams doing some handywork on his neighbours bach? Didn't someone from the left have some tiles laid on the promise of an immigration permit? My reading would be that this politician is lining up some very well paid directorates in some Asian based companies for his retirement. C Craig may get a few votes out of the mess but not enough to rattle any cages in this election. Maybe he should form an alliance with Winston - a much more natural alliance than Honi and Winston.
    Craic
    Your defence of MW is understandable from the perspective of defending someone who aligns with ones political viewpoint and we have all done that, I think you are being too kind. However in this case I would invite you to reflect on what he has done, and admitted to, was totally unacceptable in any parliamentary democracy, especially ours.
    I could be wrong but I don't think he will be the National Candidate for Pakuranga.

But who let him in against advice for a start...http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11248458

Legend

Alongside the 23 year old lad being a candidate for National, we have this ACT video that has had plenty of views..terrible. But I thought I would link to it, so FP can give his opinion too

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...d-video-mocked

Yep,thats not flash...

Banned

Has M.W really done much wrong here. Lets put this in perceptive, Darren Colyn Hughes date raped follow Labour Gays when in reality he more than likely could of saved money on the drugs. David Benson-Pope saying he had lost credibility following the Setchell affair was a big yes - you lost credibility and why was Nelson Mandela in Prison BTW. Google Nelson Mandela bombs and your find out why. Of interest was the Church Street bombing. Mandela did not deserve to get out of prison. For the doubters, please try and know your history, Mandela was a terrorist. That was for the Greens on here to implode about. Moving on, F.P is it time to put the hurt on a high flying Labour M.P(could be the highest high flying mp) that would surely have to resign seen as how he demanded & got his wishers concerning M.W. This is playing out very nicely, I think I'll get that lovely man from Well Oil Beef Hooked to do the honers. Even loyal Labour fan boys will think W.T.F & they would be right. Maybe a tad closer to the election - thoughts F.P?