sharetrader
Page 336 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2362863263323333343353363373383393403463864368361336 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 16077
    Legend

Belgarion, I'm starting to like Labour's chances. The press have not liked being the target of barbed wit, and Crusher Collins takes a tag-team break..

Legend

David Parker brings out more good Labour policy yesterday. National hijacked the Land and Water Forum, and is right behind subsidised irrigation schemes. This would limit profit per hectare per year on those lands to under say $5,000 a year, and the staff employed per farm is already low, and getting lower, for the area under farming. Only a few people will receive the direct benefits of the irrigation schemes, so the projects should instead be largely standalone, and they have to strive to meet the criteria of swimmable rivers nearby.

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/labo...ea-oil-5949255

Veteran novice

Odd, isn't it?

If a minister had gone out of her way to put in a good word for a company that didn't have a family connection to her - and that lead to smoothing the way for access for New Zealand produce to be imported to China - she would be hailed for her part in promoting NZ exports and doing her bit to help reduce our balance of payments deficit and improving the country's standard of living. Instead, ...........

Advanced Member

Its an election Folks. All the spin and all the crap that can be heaped on the other side may make you feel better but it doesn't affect the fact. JK is a winner and DC is a loser and thats it. Roll up and put your money on a Labour led govt. after the election. I still have a few gs to place on the winning side.

Veteran novice

I won't be betting on the outcome, craic, but I doubt that it'll be as clear-cut as that. Yes, JK is a winner and yes, National will probably win the popular vote over Labour. But National's potential coalition partners are a ragged-looking bunch and unlikely to bring much to contribute to a majority. There must be a real chance of a Labour led hotchpotch getting enough seats to win.

Does labour have a narrative yet ...if so they ain't told me

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I won't be betting on the outcome, craic, but I doubt that it'll be as clear-cut as that. Yes, JK is a winner and yes, National will probably win the popular vote over Labour. But National's potential coalition partners are a ragged-looking bunch and unlikely to bring much to contribute to a majority. There must be a real chance of a Labour led hotchpotch getting enough seats to win.
    I agree, but a good chance of it being a one term government. I mean - Winston and Norman?

And just to add there was some interesting analysis on Kiwiblog yesterday - if the same pattern occurs this year and complacent National voters stay home, National could well lose.

http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2014/05/it...e_in_2011.html

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I agree, but a good chance of it being a one term government. I mean - Winston and Norman?

And just to add there was some interesting analysis on Kiwiblog yesterday - if the same pattern occurs this year and complacent National voters stay home, National could well lose.

http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2014/05/it...e_in_2011.html
    Act will get more than one seat this time. Epsom and possibly two list seats.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Act will get more than one seat this time. Epsom and possibly two list seats.
    Big call. Depends on how they go leading up to the election as its voters are extremely portable to National if they dont think it is worthwhile. They haven't been moving much in the polls.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Big call. Depends on how they go leading up to the election as its voters are extremely portable to National if they dont think it is worthwhile. They haven't been moving much in the polls.
    Doesn't matter. As long as their supporters are confident of winning Epsom the party vote will lift.