sharetrader
Page 350 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2503003403463473483493503513523533543604004508501350 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 16077
    Legend

Here's some more good PR from National.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11254811

The fact is, National's policy settings took the budget deficit well lower than Treasury had predicted under Labour's settings, the Christchurch events on top of that again. Their management of the economy has basically been trying to get the market more action and share in running the country, and of course borrowing heavily for the shortfall. The strange thing is that after all this PR, about 69% of NZers think National has made a good fist of running the economy!

But more than 74% think that National has made the rich richer or the same, and the poor are the same or less well off (60%). This was a Stuff/IPSOS poll.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/budg...-leg-up-voters

I think most voters have not seen the data that has been faithfully recorded on this thread, showing the abysmal economic performance of National, compared to Labour's stewardship. They will also only look in their immediate environment for clues as to what is going on. Which means National can just keep on pulling the wool over our eyes until the election, unless Labour starts making more noise than they have.

Advanced Member

Maybe, just maybe, Labour is learning from Winston Peters - Its better stay quiet and be thought of as a fool than to open their mouths and prove it. I have no doubt that as soon as the budget is delivered, Cunliffe will talk non-stop about how much better Labour would do. But he doesn't have to worry, he won't be required to prove it after the election and will be able to concentrate more on his own survival as leader of the opposition

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

But more than 74% think that National has made the rich richer or the same, and the poor are the same or less well off (60%). This was a Stuff/IPSOS poll.
    Then more than 74% are plain silly, or financially ignorant. The govt. does not make the rich richer. If you want to put their success down to one thing, it's compounding. Having acquired as certain level of income or assets, it's difficult not to increase net wealth.
    (This govt. has been particularly harsh on one sector of the population, often considered wealthy. That is property investors by quite illogically disallowing depreciation. but that's another story)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    What nonsense.

I was rich and I'm far richer now thanks to National. If Labour had got in I'd be less rich than now thanks to a Capital Gains Tax and the PAYE upper end tax rates reduction that National introduced. And I'd be completely okay with that - fairness you can't complain about!

The 74% have it right and FP not ...
    Lucky you. I've never been rich. However there is nothing to stop you donating some of that wealth to the IRD if you want to feel better.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 15-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Banned

Labour works for the poor and National delivers to all NZers. It not just the rich getting richer, it's the whole country and the flow on from that filters down to the poor. We see that in unemployment down and we see that in the Government books back in surplus for the first time in six years. That's right, it has only taken six years to fix some of the last Labour Governments disastrous reign. Three more years of National and we will see more of the same and that's why Labour must put a halt to a Government that has been so good for all NZers right now, because if they don't the chances of winning the 2017 will be even less. Labour would love to have just the poor to control as that would be heaven for them.
    We need rich and successful people in NZ like belg, because if we don't have any rich people, we really are in trouble. Enjoy your riches belg for you have earnt them, or put your money where your mouth is and donate 10% to your locale Sallys every week. Put up or shut up.

Freedom of choice with your hard earnt cash - or restriction of choice, earnings, and being controlled. Positive - Negative. National - Labour. Just about one person in every two will vote for National because of that, whereas only three in every ten will vote for Labour. I say at least half of the NZ voting public can not be wrong but because of MMP they might not get what they want. I have never liked MMP, but in saying that, Labour have to make their bed with Pop Gun Peters, a Mean Green little Aussie and a Fat Man with a Criminal Record. One must ask - where is the millionaire who doesn't pay his bills going to sleep in that bed? Perhaps we should vote them in to watch the greatest comedy show on earth, well maybe not because the cost to do so will take decades to pay for. You have just got to laugh.

Legend

Cuzzie, you're hilarious. I think you have listened to too many National blokes on TV. John Key himself sent me an email this morning, saying how he was looking forward to the budget, and how well the govt had done getting through the GFC, the earthquakes, and "the domestic recession Labour left us with".

That is just rubbish, how he can authorise that to be sent out, I don't know. Labour left the country set up to weather any storm, National said so on taking office after the GFC, and National proceeded to take it easy by borrowing and hoping. They were lucky the dairy and log prices went up, is all I can say.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    What nonsense.

I was rich and I'm far richer now thanks to National. If Labour had got in I'd be less rich than now thanks to a Capital Gains Tax and the PAYE upper end tax rates reduction that National introduced. And I'd be completely okay with that - fairness you can't complain about!

The 74% have it right and FP not ...
    I've been through the days of paying 66% tax under Muldoon, and know very well the harm that did. And if CGT is ever introduced, what possible reason can there be for exempting the primary residence?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Cuzzie, you're hilarious. I think you have listened to too many National blokes on TV. John Key himself sent me an email this morning, saying how he was looking forward to the budget, and how well the govt had done getting through the GFC, the earthquakes, and "the domestic recession Labour left us with".

That is just rubbish, how he can authorise that to be sent out, I don't know. Labour left the country set up to weather any storm, National said so on taking office after the GFC, and National proceeded to take it easy by borrowing and hoping. They were lucky the dairy and log prices went up, is all I can say.
    So said by a deluded left wing supporter who finds nothing to celebrate with his own style of politics, so decides to re-write history. Nine years of hard Labour will take nine years to fix, we are two thirds of the way there. BTW, you seem to confuse luck with good policies, however I will except your confession that National has had great success with forestry & farming. If National's "Good Luck", as you put it EZ was just good luck without any cherishing by National, then how do you describe Labour's horrific & tenuous 9 years in power that drove NZ into the dark ages again? Your give me a 1500 word reply trying to boar me into submission no doubt, but befor you do - consider this. If Labour was so fantastic, then why were they booted out by a landslide? The economy was in a very sorry state of affairs. Was that just Labours bad luck, or do you think overspending might have something to do with it? Money they had not generated to pay or finance policies they could not afford. Election bribe policies that brought them two elections. National win over voters by results, Labour loose votes by insults. National give us results, all Labour can do is talk about Nationals MPs, but they wont talk about how good NZ is doing right now. Labour can not compete so they throw knives at Nationals MPs. A sure sign of an imbecile throwing a temper tantrum at their master right there.
    I believe in creating your own luck and the golden rule is work for it. Luck disappears and is known as a good job well earnt by doing the hard yards. There's no luck, just results for effort put in.

I might have missed any comments you guys made on this but this is really grasping for something decent to come up and hoping some will fall for it

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU140...-down-to-4.htm

Yippee we need a good dose of inflation near 10%

Advanced Member

unfortunate for Labour but National are in a very fortunate position today with a better than expected surplus, a collection of Steady-as-you-go increases in the most popular areas such as health and education. They don't have to strain to make promises or offer sweeteners and, in my view, they have strengthened their position beyond anything the opposition will be able to counter before the election. Labour would need some really innovative or creative ideas to counter this and they don't exist. Charismatic leaders have saved them from mediocracy in the past but there are none of those about in the party at this time.