sharetrader
Page 409 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3093593994054064074084094104114124134194595099091409 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 16077

You guys are all trying to politicize an economic event(s). KISS.... houses, stamps, wine and old coca cola bottles go up and down in price because either there are more buyers or more sellers. Its got very little to do with politics...if it did why didn't the house prices all over the country go up at the same pace???
    Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Nice to see you admit that your hero Key has FAILED too.

Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave. #TeamKey
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Lots of sugar in beer, I brewed it for many years. Salt is over used in commercially made food too and just as bad for you. They use salt to bring the flavour out and sugar to counteract the salt. One of the worst additives is Preservative 220 and that is in all non-organic wine. Talk about this too much though and my Greenie side will take over. That's my common sense Greenie side, not at all like the pretenders in Parliament.
    Some, incl me, think the jury is still out on salt. If you google 'the great salt debate' there are many on each side of the argument. It is by no means a sure thing one way or the other. Yet.

Advanced Member

I use at least 50kg of dextrose every year in my still. Its dearer than cane sugar but easier to use and I read somewhere that it is absorbed differently to the other stuff but you drink alcohol, not sugar regardless of the process. I would be more than happy to pay an extra dollar per kg. Salt, in my view is a critical component in diet. I've come off the hill in hot summer after fighting with a tree that I was converting into wood and ended up in the middle of the night with screaming leg cramps that sent me scurrying for a glass of salty water. But back to politics - a question.

Let's say that the prophets are right and JK gets in to power with a clear majority. What are you Gentlemen of the Left going to do in the immediate future? I mean DO, not say nor wish or imagine - What do you plan to do for the future of yourself/ yourfamily/the nation?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Let's say that the prophets are right and JK gets in to power with a clear majority. What are you Gentlemen of the Left going to do in the immediate future? I mean DO, not say nor wish or imagine - What do you plan to do for the future of yourself/ yourfamily/the nation?
    What do you do - you start looking for a job as you are likely to get kicked out - if your lucky you will get a overseas posting, if your not, a union job. There is a lot of old wood in Labour and they would be moved on on short notice in my opinion. Those will electorates may be safe (especially if in a marginal seat, not so a safe labour seat) as the risk of further defeat wouldn't be tolerated.

Guru

I just put a $40 bet on Labour to win the election. If they win I win $400, yes that is right, $400. If Labour lose obviously I lose my $40. Labour are now a 10/1 shot of winning.

(Craic, if you want to lay off some of your exposure to ElZorro just go to betfair.com )

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I just put a $40 bet on Labour to win the election. If they win I win $400, yes that is right, $400. If Labour lose obviously I lose my $40. Labour are now a 10/1 shot of winning.

(Craic, if you want to lay off some of your exposure to ElZorro just go to betfair.com )
    Is that bet for Labour ALONE? you have lost it already if the fine print doesn't allow you a coalition

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Is that bet for Labour ALONE? you have lost it already if the fine print doesn't allow you a coalition
    Sorry I should have been more specific. Generally do not get caught out by that sort of thing anymore.

"Which of these parties will provide the Prime Minister of New Zealand following the next General Election? This market will be turned IN PLAY with unmatched bets cancelled at the start of polling on Election Day. Thereafter unmatched bets will not be cancelled at any time by Betfair and the market will not be actively managed."

A sound risk/reward bet in my view at 10/1 - it's tight and not a done deal for the Nats

But I won't take it.....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    A sound risk/reward bet in my view at 10/1 - it's tight and not a done deal for the Nats

But I won't take it.....
    haha fair enough. Not a done deal for sure and Ipredict only have the Nats at about a 82% chance of having the next prime minister. But they are steadily moving upwards the closer we get to the election.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    haha fair enough. Not a done deal for sure and Ipredict only have the Nats at about a 82% chance of having the next prime minister. But they are steadily moving upwards the closer we get to the election.
    ipredict suggests a National/NZ First coalition will be the next govt. (as long as Winston lasts until the election)