sharetrader
Page 465 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3654154554614624634644654664674684694755155659651465 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 16077

Sydney 16oohrs Crosby Textor Head Office

" Mark, incoming call from you know who wanting advice about something called Lochinver station,whatever that is"

" Can you put him off'" ?

" NO he seems really worried"

" Hi John, look this Lochinver station sale, just accuse Labour , the Conservatives and Winston of Xenophobia, alright?"

" Thanks Mark..... but whats XENOPHOBIA? you promised there would be no big words"

" OK don't worry, just ask Bill English to explain, or one of your staff. Bye John, Good Luck( and good riddance)

it seems we have some professional bloggers on this site who are not only good wordsmiths
    but are also trying their hand at brainwashing.

it goes something like"" this very mediocre National Govt"" over and over and over.

so I did a little research, wiki has lots of details, but here is a very simple site explaining it.

http://www.hypnosis101.com/hypnosis-tips/brainwash/

Repetition is one of the simplest ways to convince people of something. When we hear things multiple times, we tend to believe it more. It becomes more familiar and more familiar things seem more true. But we have to have a logical argument and facts to back our position up don’t we? And of course, we must have the other person’s attention! Well no, it turns out. - See more at: http://www.hypnosis101.com/hypnosis-....CV8GYnZt.dpuf

I spent the last four days going over the political blogs in NZ, both left and right, and then back to reading this forum and it seems that professional bloggers are definitely active here.
    Not that that is an issue, but it goes someway to explaining the type of postings we are getting here.

My new favourite blogs are from mr whale and mr bomber, reading them side by side is like watching spy vs spy cartoons.
    Much like what this thread and others have become....
    penmanship turned to phallusmenship.

with a dollup of brainwashing chucked in.
    At least from these threads I have found more entertaining discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    We do. We can only hope on election day that those who realise it outnumber the malcontents who moan and groan because life aint perfect for them.
    I agree - this is one of the best countries in the world to live. That is why I chose to come here.

Who has made it this way? The voters (thanks to you all), not the governments. By debating, weighing up policies and usually voting the right person into office the voters are voting towards the utopia they want. But things can always be better, and we are at a stage now where complacency can creep in, we must not be lazy voters, we must discuss it, decide on the shape of our future and vote for it.

One of the worries is the reported apathy (I say reported cos I am not sure how true it is) from the younger voters. It is important to engage and include them. Young people are agents of change and will revolt against a system they perceive as unfair. If we don't get it right now will we may see an age war as they get increasingly tired of keeping old farts in brandy and cigars while they are toiling away to put food on the table and pay rent.

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    with a dollup of brainwashing chucked in.
    At least from these threads I have found more entertaining discussions.
    lol - yeah, at least with this forum both sides get to air their view while the comments on the blogs are all one sided, and the discussions on the press articles take too long to be moderate and published to be effective.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Um ... Cuz, are you seriously trying to claim that the good work put in over the last goodness-know-how-long by multiple governments, businesses, non-profit organisations and individuals in NZ is actually a reason to vote for this mediocre National govt?

Really?

If so, I too have a bridge to sell.
    Ah, you didn't read what I said above that post then belg. I said, "This is a combination of both Labour and Nationals good work over the last 40 plus years. Forget about politics for a second too, the NZ people and our lifestyle have added greatly here as well. It's not often we get great news like this so forget about your point of view - just embrace."

You have only got one eye open yet again. How many times? But then you do have your agenda.

Banned

Pretty damn simple, Cuz.

We don't really care what the media claims DC says. We're more interested in the policies the "left" has to take NZ forward and away from the winner-take-all policies of this very mediocre National Govt. If they get in I have no doubt that the coalition they'll be doing better for NZ'er than this very mediocre National Govt.

If, in your bro-love for Key, you believe the choice is a likeability contest between Key and Cunliffe then caste your vote accordingly.

Time for a change.
    No .... that was David Cunliffe doing it all by himself, so which one was the lie? His words belg and him on the YouTube clip. You simply can't brush it off like that. belg, there will not be a change if the Labour leader is Mega negative and so too are all his followers, all 8% of them. It simply just is not going to happen, but you keep on thinking like that.

Banned

Can somebody answer this. Why is at that Labour is so negative? They have not got one positive bone in them. Always negative - always. Look how their bloggers carry on. Never a good word about how good their Govt. is doing and when it comes to mentioning some sort of recovery from the dark Labour days, it's simply shrugged off as National just being lucky. Then was it Labour just being unlucky which left NZ in one hell of a mess before National took over. Nope, you reap the benefit. There's no luck, what you put into it is what you get out. That is why NZ is doing so well under National and failed under Labour & the very reason why we see Labour polling amongst the other minor parties - because that's where they belong. If I was a Labour blogger, I too would be feeling it right now, but I would not be carrying on if there is nothing wrong. There is plenty wrong with Labour & I would be demanding changes for the better. We won't see that from this lot, because thats the way they are. They don't see a problem, completely blind to the fact & that is not good news at all for Labour in the short or long term. For me though, life is good, couldn't be better.

NZ is a great place to live, the best place in the world & we are very lucky to have such a positive Govt. in power right now.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Can somebody answer this. Why is at that Labour is so negative? They have not got one positive bone in them. Always negative - always......... [/B]
    Goes with the territory of being in opposition. Labour are in fact putting out positive policy announcements, but they seem to get drowned out by poll results and leadership issues.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Goes with the territory of being in opposition. Labour are in fact putting out positive policy announcements, but they seem to get drowned out by poll results and leadership issues.
    Nah, National didn't carry on like this when Labour were in power. They were positive and look what happened.

Banned

Um ... Cuz, are you seriously trying to claim that the good work put in over the last goodness-know-how-long by multiple governments, businesses, non-profit organisations and individuals in NZ is actually a reason to vote for this mediocre National govt?

Really?

If so, I too have a bridge to sell.
    Like I said - NZ is a great place to live, the best place in the world & we are very lucky to have such a positive Govt. in power right now.
    Well that's not the case if you're a Labour blogger. I'm happy, you're not. Who's winning and who's whining, who's positive & who is negative? I wonder!!! I'll carry on being very happy, what will you be doing belg?