sharetrader
Page 519 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1941946950951551651751851952052152252352956961910191519 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 16077

Michele A'Court wrote a good opinion piece in The Press today.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/104...e-created-govt

Legend

A very good article by Michele a'Court. I can't believe the press think John Key won the last debate, which I've only seen shorts of. John Key as popular as ever. Arrgh. Will no-one rid us of this turbulent party? At least the artists and stage people, musicians etc, will back Labour generally. It's time they all did their bit, so thanks Michele.

In this article is a few cartoons of Judith Collins. Some priceless ones.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11318332

David Cunliffe on TV tonight, pointed out that John Key is becoming a desperate man, trying to fib in the debates about his interpretation of the CGT. There are probably over 100,000 National voters who listened to the sound bites earlier, and will be repeating that take to each other, over their beers at the pub. It will become legend. Not the truth, but close enough for them.

IMO

I just hope the peoples inform them selves belg. meanwhile

Judith Collins: Cunliffe is a moron
    her true colours shining through. Meglomaniacs archilles is that they are unaware of how transparent they are. Thank heavens we can at least be confident that she will never be the leader she thinks she can be

Dilettante

TV3 poll taken during all the "dirty politics" debate showing Labour at its lowest level in 3 years and National up. John Key also up in the preferred PM poll with 4 times more voters wanting him than Cunliffe.
    So EZ do you think it may be Cunliffe, not Key, who is getting a tad desperate, with each poll getting worse for him and being shown to not know the detail of his biggest policies !!!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    TV3 poll taken during all the "dirty politics" debate showing Labour at its lowest level in 3 years and National up. John Key also up in the preferred PM poll with 4 times more voters wanting him than Cunliffe.
    So EZ do you think it may be Cunliffe, not Key, who is getting a tad desperate, with each poll getting worse for him and being shown to not know the detail of his biggest policies !!!
    I think National will climb a few points over the remaining time till election; here's hoping they get back over 50% - bliss: eh eZ !

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I think National will climb a few points over the remaining time till election; here's hoping they get back over 50% - bliss: eh eZ !
    FP, you have to have a look back and answer a question I put to you yesterday.

National are pretty much doomed for 2014, I'm sure there will be some even better questions levelled fairly at John Key, if the press are brave enough.

Iceman, yes I thought it was poor form for David Cunliffe to not know the policy on private houses in trusts. That was a good score, but Key then basically lied in front of the nation about his interpretation. It was what he hoped the interpretation was. Like he reckons there are bloggers on Labour's side who stoop as low as National bloggers, but won't name them. Actually, a lot more Labour voters than National voters think that it is not OK to be a bit bent in politics. That says a lot.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    FP, you have to have a look back and answer a question I put to you yesterday.

National are pretty much doomed for 2014, I'm sure there will be some even better questions levelled fairly at John Key, if the press are brave enough.
    Sorry. I can't see the post you refer to. But on the subject of CGT, I have previously stated it can be a good or bad tax depending on detail. Cunliffe has finally answered the burning question that I have been trying to find out. Namely is it intended to be cumulative. i.e. paid in addition to income tax. The answer - yes it is, he disclosed on NewstalkZB taking to Larry Williams. That takes it to 51% in some cases depending on individual's marginal tax rates. Or 55% if Greens have much say. That makes it worse than Rowling's spec tax (90% but abated 10% per annum over 10 years) It certainly puts spec builders out of business, and I thought they were pro-house development, and stops commercial development. I notice a couple of tax practioners have started to look at detail - and don't like it. They really need to go back to the drawing board on this proposed tax. We don't want the mistakes of other countries. e.g. Australia. N.B. mention of roll-over or repatriation that I have banged on about before - someone else has woken up to it.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/3...olicy-stumbles

Footnote: I have no intention of following your practise of posting links from all over the show. This is a one-off.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 04-09-2014 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Sorry. I can't see the post you refer to. But on the subject of CGT, I have previously stated it can be a good or bad tax depending on detail. Cunliffe has finally answered the burning question that I have been trying to find out. Namely is it intended to be cumulative. i.e. paid in addition to income tax. The answer - yes it is, he disclosed on NewstalkZB taking to Larry Williams. That takes it to 51% in some cases depending on individual's marginal tax rates.
    I am disappointed that labour appear to be confused about their own CGT policy (disc: I didn't listen to NewstalkZB).

According to their latest written policy, "Treatment of traders: Assets currently taxed at the individual’s marginal or at the business tax rate will continue to fall under the existing regime.", which I take to mean it would not attract CGT.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    I am disappointed that labour appear to be confused about their own CGT policy (disc: I didn't listen to NewstalkZB).

According to their latest written policy, "Treatment of traders: Assets currently taxed at the individual’s marginal or at the business tax rate will continue to fall under the existing regime.", which I take to mean it would not attract CGT.
    It will still attract the same income tax, according to Cunliffe PLUS CGT. You'll find it on replay radio ZB newstalk yesterday - sometime not long after 4 p.m.

Another 'interesting' point I heard discussed on radio is that on the introduction of cgt shares will be valued as at that time. So if a share purchased for $1 falls to 50c when introduced, then is later sold for 75 cents, 25cents would attract CGT.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 04-09-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Guru

So belge you would sign a contract without reading the fine print.

You cannot sell such an impacting policy without more detail. To rely on Labour to be "fair" is going too far.

Poorly thought out on their part and will be their downfall. 16 days from now will show you.