sharetrader
Page 529 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2942947951952552652752852953053153253353957962910291529 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Looks like John didn't fix NZ after all, according to Aroha that is

Nice story, for Aroha but indictment on John

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...Close-flees-NZ
    Yes, I read that too, W69, and I was going to make a comment on it. So John used Aroha for PR, sorted out a short-term job for her mother, but had nothing to do with her as far as keeping in touch with what happened to her, after the trip to Waitangi. If nothing else, he must have been well aware how useful she was in his campaign.

But now, years later, she is on far better pay in Aussie, in a job that I suspect relies more on a keenness to work, than tertiary education. She would not have achieved as much in NZ, most likely. If she has married an Australian, she won't see many of the family schooling issues that bring NZers back home when they have children wanting to get tertiary training.

And all of her normal costs: petrol, rent, food are cheaper over there, yet her pay is $38 an hour. Maybe that's why NZ is more 'competitive' than Australia? Because most NZers have to work very hard just to stay in the same place.

Also noted in the SST: telling comments from Chris Trotter in his column, while alongside, Matthew Hooton tries to pull the wool over our eyes about Nicky Hager's book being good for National's chances.

The main article says more about the rise of the bloggers. I've just been given "Totalitaria" by Ian Wishart for father's day, all about how new technology and IT are giving governments more power than ever before. Should be a good read.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I've just been given "Totalitaria" by Ian Wishart for father's day, all about how new technology and IT are giving governments more power than ever before. Should be a good read.
    That is a worry. Wishart is a complete nutter, conspiracy theorist of the worst kind, uncontrolled god-botherer and as far as a spin doctor - worse than Slater.

Advanced Member

Looks like John didn't fix NZ after all, according to Aroha that is Nice story, for Aroha but indictment on John

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...Close-flees-NZ
    Another view posted today by David Farrar, with a few additional facts which don't show the journalist (Simon Day)or the SST in a good light:

http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2014/09/re...ck_the_pm.html

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Another view posted today by David Farrar, with a few additional facts which don't show the journalist (Simon Day)or the SST in a good light:

Is that Farrar a good guy or a bad guy .....must be honest though as he says 'I aim not even a paid journalist'
    Last edited by winner69; 07-09-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Farrar would be better off commenting on how to rein in female streakers at the rugby ....far more important ...somebody could have got hurt

Advanced Member

Is that Farrar a good guy or a bad guy .....must be honest though as he says 'I aim not even a paid journalist'
    Up to readers to decide, but I will say although his colours are firmly nailed to the mast he is knowledgeable and fair minded. And not a ranter.

Legend

You could hardly blame the paper. I'm sure they publish quite a lot without checking full facts or they'd never get the damn thing printed.
    Interesting that so many people seem to have no interest in all the garbage flowing around at the moment judging by the numbers voting every day. I voted early just to stick it to Dotcom before his big announcement. It was either that or fly to Germany with a container load of money and tell all the Germans I want to change their government.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You could hardly blame the paper. I'm sure they publish quite a lot without checking full facts or they'd never get the damn thing printed.
    ..... .
    Actually I do blame the paper. It used to be, by its own account, the national paper of record. It seems to have dropped that now. Probably just as well.

Guru

Actually I do blame the paper. It used to be, by its own account, the national paper of record. It seems to have dropped that now. Probably just as well.
    Just like Stuff had that rubbish piece on the Tongan prince who was "working his arse off" for a minimum wage, poor fellow. But he can boast a rolex, gold iphone and a 7 week holiday. Don't believe the tripe that stuff and the herald feed you.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Not sure what your post refers to (why not reply with quote?) but if it's about Duncan Garner outing Cunliffe for his out and out lying, then, yes; I heard him play the audio of Cunliffe then read the response from IRD. Just wasn't Cunliffe's week.
    Yes, you've got it. The blatant BS just confirms for me that his intellect is no match for his misguided arrogance.