sharetrader
Page 531 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3143148152152752852953053153253353453554158163110311531 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 16077
    Advanced Member

The left seem to believe that splashing it about - or at least, promising to splash it about will solve the problems of child poverty, real or parentally induced, and half a dozen other woes. The only charity I subscribe to is my wife. And I don't feel inclined to subscribe to those who sit in Auckland, expecting a wage that will keep them there and a house to live in when all they have to do is go and live where they can afford to live.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    The left seem to believe that splashing it about - or at least, promising to splash it about will solve the problems of child poverty, real or parentally induced, and half a dozen other woes. The only charity I subscribe to is my wife. And I don't feel inclined to subscribe to those who sit in Auckland, expecting a wage that will keep them there and a house to live in when all they have to do is go and live where they can afford to live.
    Here Here
    Tell them to come and live in Dunedin, low cost housing, compact city centre, heritage architecture, low crime rate, great schools and University

Advanced Member

Doesn't have to be down in the snow. Lots of places south of the Bombay Hills. Hawkes Bay has plenty of room and houses can be had for a fraction of the Auckland prices. Work? - I don't know anyone around here who really wants to work and can't find a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Here Here
    Tell them to come and live in Dunedin, low cost housing, compact city centre, heritage architecture, low crime rate, great schools and University
    Last edited by craic; 08-09-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: . one of those

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Doesn't have to be down in the snow. Lots of places south of the Bombay Hills. Hawkes Bay has plenty of room and houses can be had for a fraction of the Auckland prices. Work? - I don't know anyone around here who really wants to work and can't find a job.
    Hey - cut that out !! I've lived in Dunedin since the 1940s, and love the snow. we get maybe two days a year of it. The odd year I've spent away from Dunedin it's the seasons I miss. And you'll buy a damn good house under $300,000.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Hey - cut that out !! I've lived in Dunedin since the 1940s, and love the snow. we get maybe two days a year of it. The odd year I've spent away from Dunedin it's the seasons I miss. And you'll buy a damn good house under $300,000.
    I haven't been down there much FP, but I remember some pasty-looking students who hadn't seen much sun, and a cold biting wind. And that was late summer. I do like the houses though.

And if you move from akl to dunners you get a credible rugby team to support as well :-)

Advanced Member

Exactly! the reason you only get snow two days a year is that it is too cold on the other 363. One of my best mates came from Otautau and he told me all about it. Never been south of Timaru myself.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I haven't been down there much FP, but I remember some pasty-looking students who hadn't seen much sun, and a cold biting wind. And that was late summer. I do like the houses though.
    Students don't come out in the daytime. They're nocturnal.

Your missing some nice places to see in the south craic. With a jacket on. ..

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    If you earn $70,000 a year in wages, you pay tax on every dollar you earn.

If you earn $70,000 because the value of your investment increases by that amount then, unless you are a trader, you don't pay any tax at all.
    My favourite comment from the article...I do hope it was said tongue in cheek:

New Zealand society has always been tilted towards the rich and most of us prefer it that way. If you don't like it, emigrate.