sharetrader
Page 538 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3843848852853453553653753853954054154254858863810381538 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Election results are - whats the difference?
    not quite. National and labour expect to win the election with less than 50% of the vote. Binding referenda would require 66.6% of the vote to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    ....but there might be some hare-brained nonsense coming out of a binding CIR.
    So we have to accept hare brained schemes from a party with less than 66% of the vote but can't accept a scheme which achieves more than 66% of the vote. Sounds like an odd democracy to me.

Lol. "Putting it bluntly, homosexuality is both voluntary misbehaviour and a psychological disorder."

Do you many psycologists without a bias BC? I do. Putting it bluntly, your wrong. Again.

I do know of some good research at Victoria psych dept right now into depression in fundamentalist religious people. It seems that some that have had a big problem in their life can't reconcile why their god is doing this to them while the "heaven" next door is living a happy life.

I wonder why that is...

"Heathen" next door?

Lol. Yeah. Too good a freudian slip,in the context of the post, to edit now

Dilettante

craig by tonights TV3 poll, your list vote may not be wasted. The Conservatives are very close to the 5%.
    I have to say that after listening to Winston Peters on Radio Live with Duncan Garner today, where he made a complete twit of himself, I hope he doesn't reach the 5% and if he does, that he is not left in a Kingmaker's position.
    For that wish to eventuate, it would most likely need the Conservatives to reach 5%. But I do note that the TV3 poll today, even with the Conservatives not reaching 5%, would leave National with current partners Maori Party, ACT and United Future with a majority.
    As long as Key doesn't stuff up the debate starting in about 5 minutes, I am comfortable that we are heading towards a National lead Government after the election but questions remain about who will back them up.

I went and cast an advance vote yesterday. I was surprised at the large number of people voting. Contrary to common suggestions that this would be favourable to Labour, I saw no evidence of that. Most of the voters I saw were senior citizens that obviously want to ensure they're votes do count and decided to do it early.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Lol. "Putting it bluntly, homosexuality is both voluntary misbehaviour and a psychological disorder."

Do you many psycologists without a bias BC? I do. Putting it bluntly, your wrong. Again.

I do know of some good research at Victoria psych dept right now into depression in fundamentalist religious people. It seems that some that have had a big problem in their life can't reconcile why their god is doing this to them while the "heaven" next door is living a happy life.

I wonder why that is...
    The way things are going I am aghast at the prospect that binding referenda may make homosexuality compulsory. That would make me extremely depressed.
    Sorry, I meant
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 10-09-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Lol. Ironically it may be compulsory in jail where more people will end up if the Conservatives ran the show

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Lol. Ironically it may be compulsory in jail where more people will end up if the Conservatives ran the show
    LOL
    Lets hope it doesnt spread to the wider community otherwise we wont have a community sorry

And having thought about it nobody in jail either
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 10-09-2014 at 09:13 PM.

And if only we could stop those other pesky animals that do it too..