sharetrader
Page 540 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4044049053053653753853954054154254354455059064010401540 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 16077
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    fine by me. I'm well practiced in the art of back door rodgerring. Eqc have had me over a barrell with my pants down for a while now!
    Move to Taranaki, nobody knows where we are and its lovely here, just a bloody big volcano that could blow at any time but thats about it.
    Cheers
    Miner

Legend

I watched the debate on TV3, and the Paul Henry show afterwards. Some of the latter was a bit lightweight. I'm not too sure about Duncan Garner, not that objective, and while I was expecting that from Paul Henry, I wasn't expecting it from a reporter. As for the members of the public being interviewed, that was a mercifully short cross.

Paul Henry: None of the debate content was over my head, or over anyone else's who has spent time on this thread. John Key still managed to say that Labour put NZ in this mess. Unbelievable! You know right there that he's full of it. DC pulled him up on quite a few fabricated figures.

Clear Win to David Cunliffe:
    Last edited by elZorro; 10-09-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Guru

Paul Holmes's show or Paul Henry's show?

Pretty even debate in my opinion.
    Last edited by 777; 10-09-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Paul Holmes's show or Paul Henry's show?

Pretty even debate in my opinion.
    Oops, changed that, in deference to the late show host. Thanks.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I watched the debate on TV3, and the Paul Henry show afterwards. Some of the latter was a bit lightweight. I'm not too sure about Duncan Garner, not that objective, and while I was expecting that from Paul Henry, I wasn't expecting it from a reporter. As for the members of the public being interviewed, that was a mercifully short cross.

Paul Henry: None of the debate content was over my head, or over anyone else's who has spent time on this thread. John Key still managed to say that Labour put NZ in this mess. Unbelievable! You know right there that he's full of it. DC pulled him up on quite a few fabricated figures.

Clear Win to David Cunliffe:
    I don't think it was a clear win for Cunliffe EZ but of course the unbiased The Standard would say so. Personally I thought both Key and Cunliffe had good moments and bad moments. The winner was John Campbell who moderated the best controlled debate so far and I normally don;t like him much.
    I do wonder if these debates actually make a difference to the voting intentions of all that many people !

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don't think it was a clear win for Cunliffe EZ but of course the unbiased The Standard would say so. Personally I thought both Key and Cunliffe had good moments and bad moments. The winner was John Campbell who moderated the best controlled debate so far and I normally don;t like him much.
    I do wonder if these debates actually make a difference to the voting intentions of all that many people !
    It was running even until Cunliffe turned on his solemn act, serious look, changed vocal pitch, and told us his mission is to save the nation's children. Tried to look and sound like he was sent here by Allah. There's nothing ever looks more insincere than someone faking sincerity. Puke making, slightly reminiscent of his apology for being a man performance..

I'll vote who can look they are close to tears when they say they are going to make this country great again.

David Cameron did a good job with the choke last night when telling the Scots theybshould not use the referendum as a chance to kick the "effing Tories", he said: "I care far more about my country than I do about my party. I care hugely about this extraordinary country, this United Kingdom that we have built together. I would be heartbroken if this family of nations we have put together – and we have done such amazing things – was torn apart."

Come to think about it - about time NZ let those north of the Bombay Hills go independent as well. A yes vote would make Aucklanders realise that they really do depend on the rest of the country to maintain their lifestyles - let the scroungers look after the neighbours in South Auckland I say. That way those down on the farm near Napier can further enrich their lifes

Advanced Member

Why not all the Asian Immigrants to remain North of the Bombay Hills and the place to named New Hong Kong. Well they called the other place New York, didn't they?. And if you have ever been to York You might wonder why. Napier and Hastings could amalgamate and be called New Cannes - In deference to the Wattie empire that built the place.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Why not all the Asian Immigrants to remain North of the Bombay Hills and the place to named New Hong Kong. Well they called the other place New York, didn't they?. And if you have ever been to York You might wonder why. Napier and Hastings could amalgamate and be called New Cannes - In deference to the Wattie empire that built the place.
    And if you've ever been to Zealand you'd wonder about that too so I'm told. Haven't been there myself. .

I would be interested in others opinion of the following:

What are the main priorities of the next National lead government, is it to maintain the status quo and play safe or will it be reform?