sharetrader
Page 547 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4744749753754354454554654754854955055155759764710471547 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 16077
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    So none of you think "Dotcom is trying to save Dotcom's butt, and it's a reasonably large one so he's bought in all of these people, three little butts to save his butt" is a little bit childish?
    Yes and like HS has already stated, this whole saga is childish and boring. Read David Fisher on the NZ Herald this morning saying Dotcom came to his much publicised meeting, completely empty handed. He sat there giggling like a teenager and had nothing to say ! I think he just killed off the Internet Party with his " performance"
    Last edited by iceman; 16-09-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Yep,he's just stating it how the majority will understand it. The crook dot com needs to be out of the country by the next election so policies can be the focus. And thats for all parties sake...

So I have a question for the National supports, do they believe comments such as these are befitting of our prime minister?

"There is no mass surveillance of New Zealanders by the GCSB and there never has been. Mr Dotcom's little henchman will be proven to be incorrect because he is incorrect."

"People got really wound up about me calling him Dotcom's little henchman. I would have a modicum of respect for the guy if he had the guts to turn up here six months before the election, or six months after. If this loser is going to come to town and try and tell me, five days before an election, staying at the Dotcom mansion with all the Dotcom people and being paid by Dotcom, that he's doing anything other than Dotcom's bidding - please don't insult me with that."

"Dotcom is trying to save Dotcom's butt, and it's a reasonably large one so he's bought in all of these people, three little butts to save his butt, and it won't work but they'll say and do anything and bamoozle people,"
    Given the context of the earlier attacks on John Key, and his daughter, the guy is showing much more restraint than I would be capable of in the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    Given the context of the earlier attacks on John Key, and his daughter, the guy is showing much more restraint than I would be capable of in the circumstances.
    But it wasn't Glenn Greenwald who attacked JK's daughter. Glenn Greenwald is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist. Surely he deserves a little more respect than being called a "loser" and a "little henchman" by the prime minister of our country.

Remind me again, why is he over here just now, 5 days before the election? Oh that's right, he's the Dotcom henchman over here for the grand "moment of truth" show. It's not even as if there is another plausible explanation, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    Remind me again, why is he over here just now, 5 days before the election? Oh that's right, he's the Dotcom henchman over here for the grand "moment of truth" show. It's not even as if there is another plausible explanation, is there?
    You are shifting the argument...I am not debating the right or wrong of what dotcom and his crowd are up to...rather I am questioning JK's response to it. Just seems a little bit immature to me. He labelled Greenwald as a "little henchman" (which is very condescending) even before Greenwald had a chance to say anything...and to call him a loser...that is just unnecessary and unstatesmanlike.

Its curious that this morning the former head of GCSB confirmed that GCSB staff are trained to use X_Key Score yet John Key claims no metadata trawling and refuses to discuss X-Key Score. Poor old John Key, looks as though he has reached the boundaries of his ability and stamina on this one. Me thinks Hawaii is looking more attractive for him everyday now. Bill English.. come back!
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 16-09-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Poor old John Key, looks as though he has reached the boundaries of his ability and stamina on this one. !
    Poor old John Key has another 3 years of work in this country if the bookies and all the heavy money are to be believed. Ipredict has him now at an 85% chance to be prime minister up from 80% yesterday. On betfair.com he is at 92% chance and Centerbet still have him laggin at about a 82% chance

Advanced Member

Even Harawira must be wondering what he is tied to after all his efforts to forget his past and present as a sensible New Zealander - OOPS! sorry Maori, - after the Dotcom nonsense that is likely to derail him.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

But it wasn't Glenn Greenwald who attacked JK's daughter. Glenn Greenwald is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist. Surely he deserves a little more respect than being called a "loser" and a "little henchman" by the prime minister of our country.
    Cameron Slater is an award winning journalist. What's your point?