sharetrader
Page 568 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 6846851855856456556656756856957057157257861866810681568 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I lost some faith in him with his election night speech (or whoever wrote it). Could have kindled hope for a rebuild and bringing voters back but it seemed to me it was more about him then the party.But who would replace him? i like Shearer a lot but he wasn't effective as a leader.
    Russel Norman will remain the leader of the opposition.

Legend

7. Gerratus Brownletica:

A rotund flightless bird that keeps several nests barely viable, appears to dislike working with nearby species to repair adjacent habitat, but would allow destruction of other habitat for resources. Aggressive towards Finnish versions of the species.

8. Simonius Bridgeria:

An elegant, well bred species with bright plumage and strutting nature. A relatively lazy and vacuous bird, that shows little cognitive awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Who gets your support for leader of Labour el Z?
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    At this stage, David Cunliffe for sure. I've met him, he's motivational, he handled John Key no problem. Shearer couldn't do that, but Shearer would be useful closer to the leader's position.

Maybe it's the campaign team that needs a small sortout, it's also far less damaging to the public perception.
    Good grief el Z.

David Cunliffe? ...... for sure?????
    Only the campaign team at fault... maybe?
    A small sort-out?
    Less damaging to public perception?

El Z, the public are laughing. Don't you want them to stop?

Cunliffe is dead in the water. Grant Robertson is the leader of choice by the bonkers left wing faction of the Labour Party...they especially like the fact that he's so unashamed in his homosexual behaviour, and they would love to see a 'gay' prime minister, sadly believing that we New Zealanders could (and should!) be proud on the world stage of making such a 'progressive' move.

Their degenerate journalist mates have been softening the NZ public to this strategy for some time now with several glowing media tributes to how wonderful Robertson is -- from his days as political activist at Otago Uni (students association president), NZ Uni Association (vice-president), MFAT junior, image controller for Marion Hobbs, and Helen Clarke's sidekick from 2002. What's left out is that Robertson has a psychological disorder. His sexuality for example is a result of his inability to get intimate with the opposite sex...not helped by the influence of his domineering mother and the serious role modelling issues that he has with his father Doug Robertson (who in 1991 was thrown into prison for embezzlement, leaving his family destitute when Robertson Jnr was aged 20). Parental dysfunction is a cancer, and so is sexual dysfunction. Leadership dysfunction is their offspring.

http://www.listener.co.nz/current-af...ant-robertson/

But let's ignore any of Robertson's deep seated psychological issues, and instead portray him as such a nice chap, an astute and well balanced politician, a rugby-loving kiwi bloke that every Labour Party member (and eventually every NZ'er!) should admire....he did after-all meet his homosexual partner playing rugby, and so he really is quite the man's man, which must help NZ'ers to get comfortable voting for him, yes?

...and if anybody doesn't then he or she must be 'homophobic' and need of a stern reprimand and chastisement.

[n.b. if this post doesn't survive here uncensored then that will reveal a similar bias by the ST moderator towards such a view of deviant sexual practice and its impact on one's psychology and leadership being too politically incorrect and thereby 'unacceptable' for even off-market political discussion].

Has anyone else noticed? It's more or less illegal now to speak out against anyone who's 'openly gay', regardless of any related psychological issues they might have, and/or doubts as to their leadership suitability. It's not like skin-colour. Racism is a crime, and rightly so because we do not choose the colour of our skin, but this is very different. LGBT political activists are working hard and fast within the ranks of the Labour Party to get their politician of choice into the most influential position within this nation...which they see as furthering their cause to promote their brand of sexuality as NZ's preferred chosen lifestyle. Implementing that strategy they believe is just a matter of time.

http://www.gaynz.com/articles/publis...icle_15763.php

Where do you stand? Remember that strong fish can swim against the current.

It is little wonder that only 18% of men now support the Labour Party. Michael Savage must be rolling over in his grave.

http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2014/08/la...s_new_low.html

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/people/m...vage-biography
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 24-09-2014 at 06:38 AM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    7. Gerratus Brownletica:

A rotund flightless bird that keeps several nests barely viable, appears to dislike working with nearby species to repair adjacent habitat, but would allow destruction of other habitat for resources. Aggressive towards Finnish versions of the species.

8. Simonius Bridgeria:

An elegant, well bred species with bright plumage and strutting nature. A relatively lazy and vacuous bird, that shows little cognitive awareness.
    Cunliffus Davidii:
    Facing extinction due to its inability to see any other colour but red. A major participant in background noise at the dawn chorus and is usually wet from being swamped. The male, regrettably, sometimes tries to attract attention by hiding behind the female.

Legend

Vaygor and MBJ: David Cunliffe did as good as could be expected in the debates, in fact he surprised many. Your perceptions are merely reflections of the press views since the election, and the press is firmly on the side of the incumbents, always has been.

Labour needs to look at neutralising the outside enemy, because there is no doubt in my mind that they have far better policies for NZ. I see no reason why David Parker and David Cunliffe can't be a Cullen-Clark type team, one that will endure for several years. They just need unequivocal support from everyone around them, so they can get on with the job. All those aspiring to be PM should have a good look at the job specs for the pay involved, and let David carry on, if he's keen.

Bobcat, I take great exception to your post, as it is just in your mind that gays have a psychological disorder. I have steadily learnt to take people as I find them, and some gay people are the most intelligent that you'd meet, anywhere. But you're one of the reasons I'd be uncomfortable with seeing Grant as the leader of the opposition, because there would be a constant barrage in the media from bigots like yourself. How would we get our main Labour messages out?
    Last edited by elZorro; 24-09-2014 at 07:13 AM.

For those who really want to change the government obviously hoping that useless opposition parties with no real direction is not an opposition

They may have to take matters into their own hands to effect change.

Do I sense greater level of protest, maybe civil disobedience, even the seeds of a revolution?

You for that EZ? One way of getting rid of those Neolibs.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

el Z. David Cunliffe obviously has your vote and that's fine, but it should be fairly clear he doesn't have the support of the majority of NZers which is what he needs. Especially if you say their policy isn't an issue. He doesn't even have the support of half his colleagues. Meaning this infighting will continue which is a joke.
    Parker would get destroyed by key. Robertson is going to turn away a large portion of voters. Shearer is great but seemingly doesn't have the wow factor.
    IMHO Labour needs to try a Nash, Davies, Andern etc. Start fresh with someone not tied up in the previous battles and someone that the public doesn't view as 'tarnished' yet.
    The other option would be to go for John Key

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Bobcats rant...
    Wow Bobcat, of all the things you have ever posted, most of which I don't agree with, this has to be the most offensive.

Why does it bother you what someone else's sexual preferences are?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    For those who really want to change the government obviously hoping that useless opposition parties with no real direction is not an opposition

They may have to take matters into their own hands to effect change.

Do I sense greater level of protest, maybe civil disobedience, even the seeds of a revolution?

You for that EZ? One way of getting rid of those Neolibs.
    Yes. A protest right to the steps of parliament, but no tractors involved.