sharetrader
Page 575 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 7547552556557157257357457557657757857958562567510751575 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    That "Child Poverty" term again. Are kids under 15 looking for jobs now? For God's sake, it's the FAMILY THAT IS POOR that is poor and not the child. Is it being renamed now just like "global warning" is now just "climate change"? No wonder we can never find a solution, the problem or the terminology just keeps on changing.

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    You myust be a direct decendant of Hitler ?
    I invoke Godwin law!

Step 4 Shareholders do very well from the continual and misleading promotion of these 2 products

westerly
    I guess shareholders are really benefitting from a tax on the poor and stupid. And I presume they sleep well at night knowing this ethical position

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Step one. neuter adults who shouldn't breed
    Step two deal to parents who have bred without the ability to care for theri children (see step one)
    Step 3 Deal to parent who put their own wants and addictions ahead of the needs of the child (see step one
    Step 4 incarcertate parents who see KFC and Coke as economic replacements for nutritious food (along with step one)
    Step 4 Stop the cycle (see step one)
    MM
    step 5: ban supermarkets from selling alcohol
    step 6: place 30% tax on sugar drinks
    step 7: put sinking lid on pokie machines
    step 8: ask for government action on steps 5,6,and 7
    step 9: bang your head against brick wall as you realise National has NO INTENTION of delivering on any of these
    step 10: business as usual, spend millions of dollars on really important things like:

a) changing the flag ( $10 million)
    b) Americas cup ($36 million
    c) subsidising Rio Tinto ($ 35 million)
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 25-09-2014 at 12:16 PM.

I see the substance of the Maori Party and United confidence and supply agreement with the National Government has been released

Both parties are CONFIDENT that John Key will SUPPLY them with a Cabinet post and associated Salary.

Apparently the protracted negotiations between United Future, the Maori Party and John Key went on for several seconds before an agreement was reached
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 25-09-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    MM
    You could go and live in Brunei or Dubai f that's what you want.

Advanced Member

Lindsay Mitchell is an artist, and also someone who believes the welfare state is indefensible. If the cost to rent a small three bedroom home in Auckland was similar to that paid in much of USA or Australia, and our supermarket and energy costs were lower, maybe people would be able to get by more easily. But that is not the case. Basic living needs eat up most of any welfare payments, which are designed for a holding pattern at best. Even minimum wages are below a living standard, considering the average costs to get to work in the first place.

So either landlords cut rents, housing becomes more affordable, the costs on fuel and energy are dropped, and supermarkets trim back harder on suppliers, or we start exporting higher value goods in bigger numbers, and pay decent minimum wages. Now go looking for the parties that had real policies to do that. Labour and the Greens.
    Got facts? Or research?

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Cunny is apparently being counseled to stand down. Will be interesting to see if he is still leader by the end of the day. I guess they need to slowly deflate his ego without popping it which could be dangerous and take out some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    MM
    step 8: ask for government action on steps 5,6,and 7
    step 9: bang your head against brick wall as you realise National has NO INTENTION of delivering on any of these
    step 10: business as usual, spend millions of dollars on really important things like:

a) changing the flag ( $10 million)
    b) Americas cup ($36 million
    c) subsidising Rio Tinto ($ 35 million)
    my steps try to deal with those not well equipped to breed. Your steps impact every person - even the sensible, so I can't see you getting much traction

If you want to see real child poverty, come to Laos, Cambodia, or North East Thailand for a year or two.
    Most kiwis haven't got a clue what real child poverty is... relatively speaking.

As for the 260,000 figure. Who's doing the counting and what's their criteria? UNICEF and the main opposition parties have everything to gain by trumping up these figures which, as the election has shown, all helps in destroying their credibility.

Does 'child' include babies and teenagers? Not in my books, and if so how are the poverty-baby numbers and the non-parttime-working-school-attending-poverty-teenage numbers being collected?
    In all NZ there are 480,000 children aged from 5 to 12 inclusive. So more than 1/2 of all NZ children live in poverty? Get real.

So long as UNICEF and the Labour/Greens carry on skewing the stats to these extremes my donations, advocacy, and vote will remain elsewhere.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 25-09-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I invoke Godwin law!
    Well played