sharetrader
Page 592 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 9249254258258858959059159259359459559660264269210921592 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 16077
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

el Z, check out this article, mainly for the letter by James Dunn. This letter was written by him, not National, not C-T, but by the Labour candidate himself. Bit hard to claim anybody has put spin on it then.

If you read this letter from JD and still believe DC is the best man for the role then I can only conclude you and DC are actually secretly National party members

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...itter-potshots

From James Dunn, Ilam candidate for Labour
    "I lost count of the number of times I doorknocked someone who told me they had voted Labour all their life, but wouldn't vote for us as long as you were leader," he wrote. "The Labour Party isn't a vehicle for you to indulge your fantasy of being prime minister. While you might think that it's your destiny to be the visionary leader of this country, the country has a very different vision - and it doesn't involve you."
    Last edited by nextbigthing; 01-10-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    el Z, check out this article, mainly for the letter by James Dunn. This letter was written by him, not National, not C-T, but by the Labour candidate himself. Bit hard to claim anybody has put spin on it then.

If you read this letter from JD and still believe DC is the best man for the role then I can only conclude you and DC are actually secretly National party members

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...itter-potshots

From James Dunn, Ilam candidate for Labour
    "I lost count of the number of times I doorknocked someone who told me they had voted Labour all their life, but wouldn't vote for us as long as you were leader," he wrote. "The Labour Party isn't a vehicle for you to indulge your fantasy of being prime minister. While you might think that it's your destiny to be the visionary leader of this country, the country has a very different vision - and it doesn't involve you."
    NBT, I still repeat, it's C/T strategy to poison NZ against David Cunliffe, as many of us vote purely on personalities. Those people who won't vote for Labour based on a perception of David Cunliffe, only show how shallow their decisions are. That's a reality, one that C/T are exploiting to the full. C/T started the process, media, bloggers and voters repeat the mantra, James Dann refuses to see that. He doesn't deserve to be a Labour candidate, that's for sure. I bet when you take on such a task, there are declarations to be made. James is undermining the party as a whole. Not good. He should find a job somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    ""And don't come up with the old chestnut "I don't have time". If you don't have time to properly engage in the debate, don't bother commenting at all.""

this is the statement that stops alot of folks here giving opinions or points of view and then getting other posters demanding to "verify, clarify, produce links, produce evidence, doctorate papers and anything else" to back up a point of view or comment........ otherwise you a classed as a nastie rightwing supporter who cant engage on a off topic forum.......
    Your are right neopoleII it was overly aggressive.

But it is frustrating that people keep throwing out sound bites as if they were facts when they are not. And I think the only time right wing supporters are classed as nastie is when they attack the player not the argument. (Which I kind of did with couta1, for which I am sorry).

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Fair enough el Z. Although perhaps one could agrue that even if C-T have assissinated DC's character, they've made such a good job of it almost everyone from his co workers to the majority of the NZ public agree and he still needs to stand down because he simply can't recover.

Advanced Member

So todays Herald article that DC's wife set herself up as an anonymous blogger to attack all those Labour leaders who dared to question her husbands leadership is wrong? One way or the other, Whomsoever started the attack on Labour will soon be forgotten in the political cannabalism that is now the Labour way of dealing with their problems.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Fair enough el Z. Although perhaps one could agrue that even if C-T have assissinated DC's character, they've made such a good job of it almost everyone from his co workers to the majority of the NZ public agree and he still needs to stand down because he simply can't recover.
    I'm quite sure most people are able to form an opinion of Cunliffe or any other politician without some advertising agency telling them what to think.
    The big question is will Cunliffe slam his resignation as an MP down on the table soon and cause a by-election? I reckon he will - should be good for a laugh.

Veteran novice

Being well behind time with political developments I've only just viewed and listened to David Cunliffe's election night "concession" speech. My first reaction was that this was the sort of squealing, hysterical reception to be expected from a teenage pop concert audience but there was more to it than that. The English rugby team's "victory" lap following defeat by the All Blacks came to mind but the lasting impression was of Emperor Hirohito's announcement to the Japanese people that the war had developed "not necessarily to Japan's advantage" after the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. The main message was, however, that the future is all about "me" - not the Labour party.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Being well behind time with political developments I've only just viewed and listened to David Cunliffe's election night "concession" speech. My first reaction was that this was the sort of squealing, hysterical reception to be expected from a teenage pop concert audience but there was more to it than that. The English rugby team's "victory" lap following defeat by the All Blacks came to mind but the lasting impression was of Emperor Hirohito's announcement to the Japanese people that the war had developed "not necessarily to Japan's advantage" after the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. The main message was, however, that the future is all about "me" - not the Labour party.
    Crikey - that advertising agency that elZ bangs on about has sure got to you .....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Crikey - that advertising agency that elZ bangs on about has sure got to you .....
    Who do you think taught them their trade?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    So todays Herald article that DC's wife set herself up as an anonymous blogger to attack all those Labour leaders who dared to question her husbands leadership is wrong? One way or the other, Whomsoever started the attack on Labour will soon be forgotten in the political cannabalism that is now the Labour way of dealing with their problems.
    Seems she has taken a leaf out of the c/t handbook