sharetrader
Page 594 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 9449454458459059159259359459559659759860464469410941594 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Oh, I see. Awkward to explain that one. Politician types seem to love tweeting. It's too short a block for me, and I'm not wedded to a cellphone. Policy is a bit too complicated to get it all done in a couple of sentences.
    Do you think we're likely to see a by-election in New Lynn soon eZ ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No David is being a muppet for saying he did not know of the twitter account when he was following it.
    Mr Cunliffe may be correct. A bit odd, but more info on Whaleoil here:

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/10/co...pology-david-c
    unliffe/

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    And there is no left wing agenda here?
    Hardly . Outnumbersd 20 to 1

westerly

Say what you like but I'd like to put on record I don't really know who Crosby-Textor are and I don't care and I don't ascribe any magical powers to them. It's the right of the Nat Party to hire who they like for advertising/public relations and there's usually a high rate of churn of firms doing such work. I bet 99% of the ordinary NZ voters have never heard of Crosby-Textor and don't care so if you think the mere mention of Crosby-Textor is going to evoke a conditioned reflex of horror and repulsion and alter the polls - think again. It will sink even faster and further than Hagar the Horrible.

Another point - attracted by all the media/Hagar the Horrible fuss I've been having a look at Whaleoil, like many other people (his readership has gone RIGHT UP after Hagar the Horrible), and contrary to the assertion above he's an independent business getting lots of advertising, not a paid whatever. And like his readership his advertising revenue has been going up and up.

And dear Westerly, I don't really care what Belge was frustrated with, all I can say is Sharechat is a much better, more civilized and peaceful place without him. He can join the 2,000 max frustrated voters that the Internet Party is calculated to have brought to Internet-Mana. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    .......Another point - attracted by all the media/Hagar the Horrible fuss I've been having a look at Whaleoil, like many other people (his readership has gone RIGHT UP after Hagar the Horrible), and contrary to the assertion above he's an independent business getting lots of advertising, not a paid whatever. And like his readership his advertising revenue has been going up and up. .......
    Quite so. I've been reading WOBH for years and despite all the rubbish chucked at him - and it's not new by the way - I believe him to be an honourable man. And knowledgeable and smart. No need to agree with all his opinions of course, though he tends to make a good case for them. His readership is heading towards 300,000 which is a significant number if mobilised, especially as readers probably tend to have decent disposable incomes. And mobilised they were in some recent consumer blunders, most of which turned out well in the end and a few not so much. There'll be a few bottom lines impacted, and only some in a good way.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Quite so. I've been reading WOBH for years and despite all the rubbish chucked at him - and it's not new by the way - I believe him to be an honourable man. And knowledgeable and smart. No need to agree with all his opinions of course, though he tends to make a good case for them. His readership is heading towards 300,000 which is a significant number if mobilised, especially as readers probably tend to have decent disposable incomes. And mobilised they were in some recent consumer blunders, most of which turned out well in the end and a few not so much. There'll be a few bottom lines impacted, and only some in a good way.
    Ditto, am a reader as well and like what he has to say. (not everything but that is the case with most media) I note the apology to DC, but that in itself raises more questions about the suitability of Cunliffe to be our pm. Do not always agree with Cam and whaleoil but like that he takes a stand and some of the comments are gold. Have got my dad onto the site too and actively encourage others to go there as well.

Legend

Say what you like but I'd like to put on record I don't really know who Crosby-Textor are and I don't care and I don't ascribe any magical powers to them. It's the right of the Nat Party to hire who they like for advertising/public relations and there's usually a high rate of churn of firms doing such work. I bet 99% of the ordinary NZ voters have never heard of Crosby-Textor and don't care so if you think the mere mention of Crosby-Textor is going to evoke a conditioned reflex of horror and repulsion and alter the polls - think again. It will sink even faster and further than Hagar the Horrible.

Another point - attracted by all the media/Hagar the Horrible fuss I've been having a look at Whaleoil, like many other people (his readership has gone RIGHT UP after Hagar the Horrible), and contrary to the assertion above he's an independent business getting lots of advertising, not a paid whatever. And like his readership his advertising revenue has been going up and up.

And dear Westerly, I don't really care what Belge was frustrated with, all I can say is Sharechat is a much better, more civilized and peaceful place without him. He can join the 2,000 max frustrated voters that the Internet Party is calculated to have brought to Internet-Mana. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Once again MVT, you let us all know that you're not that keen on research, on being picked up on untruths, or on being more informed. That's why you're happy to see Belgarion off the thread. National has been using Crosby-Textor for 10 years. In that time, both here and overseas, they have been accused of dirty politics in a fairly major way. Labour don't use the same dirty tactics, certainly they are not in the same league.

As for all you other guys reading WOBH, after seeing the emails he puts out to his mates (here's an idea, read the book if you're so happy with the site), and finding out he's an egomaniac, how can you say he's a fine chap? He's telling you all, time and time again, that you're correct in supporting the National Party and their policies. Even if those are not in your best interests, and if he's being indirectly paid for those comments (that's the truth).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    ..... As for all you other guys reading WOBH, after seeing the emails he puts out to his mates (here's an idea, read the book if you're so happy with the site), and finding out he's an egomaniac, how can you say he's a fine chap? He's telling you all, time and time again, that you're correct in supporting the National Party and their policies. Even if those are not in your best interests, and if he's being indirectly paid for those comments (that's the truth).
    Whatever. But do allow that we can and do make our own minds up about what we believe. I doubt there is a single person in the world who agrees with everything on the site. Not even Cam. Plus the site is highly entertaining and has the best goss.

I'm happy to see the end of Belgarion as he was completely unable to keep a civil tongue in his head and personal abuse appeared to be his only stock in trade. The Moderator agreed after cutting him enough slack to go to the Moon and back.

Woolly unconvincing assertions EZ, I spent a lifetime in economic research before I retired. Accusations of dirty politics is easy and cost free, none of that has appeared in the daily media and as we saw with Hagar the Horrible - accusation is one thing but being credible is another. I seem to remember a certain trip by Mike Williams (ex Labour President) to Australia to dig up dirt on John Key before the previous General Election but he returned unable to find any! That was a hoot.

Ah! That's progress, after being told he has a company and earns his living from that you have now reduced it to "being indirectly paid", must have been as easy as swallowing a dead rat, try again and you'll get it right. "(that's the truth)" reminds me of the generic statement by Arabs in the Middle East "I do not tell a lie!". You know immediately that they are lying. I don't know what he emails, I don't know what you email, and I don't want to know, they're private and always susceptible to being faked or subtly amended. Nor am I in the business of stealing emails unlike certain of your idols, I am still awaiting the Police to action that now the Election is over.

You are possibly correct about C-T which is a pity, because the more who know would mean National being subject to more scrutiny. As for Hager I am of the opinion he is more interested in truth rather than being politically motivated. The neo right and their activists sure know how to push their narrow and selfishj views which by any reasoning are not in the interests of the majority. As for Belge any follower of Sharechat would know there was animosity between the two of you which possibly should have remained private.

westerly