sharetrader
Page 605 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 10550555559560160260360460560660760860961565570511051605 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Craic a Labour supporter would never ever take or pay a 'non tax cash job' and I have that on very good authority because my mate who used to be a Labour MP told me so. Taito Philip Fields was his name. Good bloke. Haven't seen him in a while. Last I heard he was doing up a house.

NBT, surely you can see that these types of transactions are at the cheap end of the scale. When someone who has a few million dollars of borrowing - because they have an income sufficient to pay the interest, and had say a 20% deposit with some other security - and makes an inflation-topping several million dollars of untaxed capital gain in just a few years, with minor risk to the downside, now that's creaming the other taxpayers. It would take quite a few cashies (which are noticeable by dockets which exclude the use of the word GST or tax invoice usually) to make up for that.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    NBT, surely you can see that these types of transactions are at the cheap end of the scale. When someone who has a few million dollars of borrowing - because they have an income sufficient to pay the interest, and had say a 20% deposit with some other security - and makes an inflation-topping several million dollars of untaxed capital gain in just a few years, with minor risk to the downside, now that's creaming the other taxpayers. It would take quite a few cashies (which are noticeable by dockets which exclude the use of the word GST or tax invoice usually) to make up for that.
    Since when did dockets and/or receipts become compulsory?

Advanced Member

Why doesn't anyone see that this free trade between the various trades and the community as a whole is the engine that keeps this society running and prevents a wholly regulated society, more like a restrictive prison than anything else. I remember some Tinkers and Traders from my childhood in Ireland who carried a roll of notes around in their pocket and could buy an animal or a machine or whatever off this roll without papers of any sort. They had a fundamental honesty and a surprising level of generosity. When they made a few bob they would buy anyone a drink. I don't think any of them heard of taxes, let alone paying any. They played an important role in keeping the rural economy moving along.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Since when did dockets and/or receipts become compulsory?
    If you want to enter costs into your books, then paperwork is required for any goods/services over $50, according to IRD.

http://www.ird.govt.nz/gst/work-out/...-tax/tax-info/

Legend

If you want to enter costs into your books, then paperwork is required for any goods/services over $50, according to IRD.

http://www.ird.govt.nz/gst/work-out/...-tax/tax-info/
    This is about when you don't want to.

Legend

It is true that IRD also suggested travelling salespeople and others should keep detailed km records if they use a portion of their travel to do private errands, and that this would decide a proportion of the vehicle costs to be claimed each year. Compared to the scale of larger businesses as I've described, which patently circumvent a lot of tax in a legal manner, why would a smaller businessperson follow rigid rules like that? No-one pays you for the time it takes to keep detailed records for tax compliance.

Legend

It is true that IRD also suggested travelling salespeople and others should keep detailed km records if they use a portion of their travel to do private errands, and that this would decide a proportion of the vehicle costs to be claimed each year. Compared to the scale of larger businesses as I've described, which patently circumvent a lot of tax in a legal manner, why would a smaller businessperson follow rigid rules like that? No-one pays you for the time it takes to keep detailed records for tax compliance.
    Don't let your paranoia spread to tax matters. The IRD are paid to do that, and they're good at policing payments and closing loopholes.

Legend

FP, either I'm paranoid or I'm aware, you decide which fits. We should also stick to discussing the policy of National vs Labour etc, or we'll get banned like Belgarion and Cuzzie et al. Those moderators are always watching...
    Now that John Key has handed over SIS/GCSB control to someone else for the first time, and is busy having a look through Nicky Hager's house via the proxy of Cameron Slater, while looking hard at selling off more state houses, I think I know where the country is headed.

Legend

FP, either I'm paranoid or I'm aware, you decide which fits.
    You should consider how much your thoughts are driven by every utterance of any National MP, how you're consumed by the public relations mob they use that doesn't meet your approval, and now how 'the wealthy' and self employed dodge taxes. You're obsessed with these points. That's paranoia. Something you could do is go and buy a business or start one - that might convince you of how wrong you just might be on that last point. ( I know you claim to own your own business, but your lack of knowledge on how the financial world works makes me disbelieve that.)

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Craic a Labour supporter would never ever take or pay a 'non tax cash job' and I have that on very good authority because my mate who used to be a Labour MP told me so. Taito Philip Fields was his name. Good bloke. Haven't seen him in a while. Last I heard he was doing up a house.

The Aucklander up for tax evasion of $2m and the Dunedin lawyer up for a $2.8m ponzi type fraud would definitely not be Labour supporters. Would they?

westerly