sharetrader
Page 627 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1275275776176236246256266276286296306316376777271127 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Good decision - you'd need a stronger crowbar than you're ever likely to find to prise that mind open.
    Or to prise open the truth about John Key's involvement in dirty politics.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz-nationa...ectid=11347326

Maybe Craic would come back, if I simply agreed with all his posts. That would make for an exciting thread, wouldn't it?

Guru

Hi Elzorro,

You might be interested in Slaters post on Key. He tends to agree with you....

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/10/co...ey-trying-kid/

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi Elzorro,

You might be interested in Slaters post on Key. He tends to agree with you....

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/10/co...ey-trying-kid/
    Here is the Hamish Rutherford article that Cameron Slater quotes.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...s-aren-t-dirty

Which means that Cameron Slater has those texts from Key on record if need be, backing up his statements. Going on past performances, Slater is a bit upset with John Key over something or other. Could be awkward for the PM long term.

I still say that passing on OIA data in preference, stuff like that is crossing a big line.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Here is the Hamish Rutherford article that Cameron Slater quotes.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...s-aren-t-dirty

I also read that article. But I trust you read the Slater article. What I mean to infer is that a lot on the right do not care that the Nats engage in dirty politics because in their way of thinking politics is dirty. Not having the word dirty precede politics would be an oxymoron in abstentia.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I also read that article. But I trust you read the Slater article. What I mean to infer is that a lot on the right do not care that the Nats engage in dirty politics because in their way of thinking politics is dirty. Not having the word dirty precede politics would be an oxymoron in abstentia.
    That is exactly the point blackcap. Politics is a dirty business and all sides partake in it. Mike WIlliams´ unsuccessful dirt finding (on John Key) mission to Australia, Helen Clarks character assasination of Dover Samuels just to name a couple.
    Labour got a hammering at the election because they were focused on issues nobody cares about. But they haven´t learnt anything and continue waffling on about it as we can see on this forum.
    Long may it continue !!!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That is exactly the point blackcap. Politics is a dirty business and all sides partake in it. Mike WIlliams´ unsuccessful dirt finding (on John Key) mission to Australia, Helen Clarks character assasination of Dover Samuels just to name a couple.
    Labour got a hammering at the election because they were focused on issues nobody cares about. But they haven´t learnt anything and continue waffling on about it as we can see on this forum.
    Long may it continue !!!

Iceman

I know, at least the government is focusing on important issues that people really care about and have relevance to their daily lives

the design of the NZ Flag! Ah yes how to waste $26 million of our money

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Iceman

I know, at least the government is focusing on important issues that people really care about and have relevance to their daily lives

the design of the NZ Flag! Ah yes how to waste $26 million of our money
    Imagine the outcry if they just changed it to National's preference, or should we just stick to the old rag but without the union Jack in the corner?

Elections aren't always won by the 'party' with the best policies, probably because the populous don't really understand the issues anyway. Governments hangin there until people are dissatisfied and want change.

People express dissatisfaction with the current state of politics and the economy in a time-honoured fashion by voting the encumbents out. Action often bought on by thinking that too much power is exercised by people who are out of touch with their needs.

Does this mean Labour, if they want to win, need to create this dissatification? Didn't succeed last time around. The problem for them then if people want a change is that Labour might not be wanted. Just as the rise of UKIP in the UK the dissatisfied electors to turn to new alternatives, and leave Labour in the backwaters.

[QUOTE=fungus pudding;514087]Imagine the outcry if they just changed it to National's preference, or should we just stick to the old rag but without the union Ja Attachment 6427
    FP

Check the image link and guess what flag this is.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 30-10-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Elections aren't always won by the 'party' with the best policies, probably because the populous don't really understand the issues anyway. Governments hangin there until people are dissatisfied and want change.

People express dissatisfaction with the current state of politics and the economy in a time-honoured fashion by voting the encumbents out. Action often bought on by thinking that too much power is exercised by people who are out of touch with their needs.

Does this mean Labour, if they want to win, need to create this dissatification? Didn't succeed last time around. The problem for them then if people want a change is that Labour might not be wanted. Just as the rise of UKIP in the UK the dissatisfied electors to turn to new alternatives, and leave Labour in the backwaters.
    I see what you mean, W69. Labour will have to provide both a credible opposition for three years, and also be ready if the economy turns down noticeably. It's not doing that well already, compared to before the GFC.