sharetrader
Page 639 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1395395896296356366376386396406416426436496897391139 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Yep, nobody could compete against a govt backed airline. $50 extra per fair would only make it break even. What do you propose EZ, the govt subsidizing it by more? How bizarre. I doubt David Parker would entertain that. He's not a complete moron.

I tried to take that old ferry twice FP. It was on strike both times. Ended up taking a fishing boat accross and puked my guts out.
    Everybody used to puke on that ferry. It was a shocker the way it rolled from side to side. It's great trip nowadays!

The memory is burned deep. I'll fly. Haven't been for 30 years, must get down again.

Legend

The memory is burned deep. I'll fly. Haven't been for 30 years, must get down again.
    I've done a lot of tramping down there. It's great for tramping or fishing - otherwise I'm not sure what the attraction would be. Don't hesitate to go across in the catamaran. It's cheap and fast.

EZ - shouldn't Labour do away with thoughts of a CGT and just say they will bring in a 'mansion tax', a tax on any property say over $1m.

One downside of such taxes is that the rich threaten to stop donating to charity (bastards). At least this way it would be enforced 'donations' of which a portion goes to charitable causes per se.

1 million. That's a lot of houses in akl.

1 million. That's a lot of houses in akl.
    And all wealthy as now according to the paper

Suppose a large percentage didn't pay a million in the first place so such a tax would be a sneaky CGT anyway ... I love it
    Last edited by winner69; 13-11-2014 at 09:48 AM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Default National get it wrong yet again

How dare National create jobs in the manufacturing sector. These people might be invited to work overtime, that's simply not on, their families won't adjust to the pressure and will turn to hard drugs and crime. And it's all your fault. Best Labour get in soon to sort this mess out!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...cturing-sector

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    How dare National create jobs in the manufacturing sector. These people might be invited to work overtime, that's simply not on, their families won't adjust to the pressure and will turn to hard drugs and crime. And it's all your fault. Best Labour get in soon to sort this mess out!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...cturing-sector
    Completely irresponsible alright. Still, Labour will soon appoint their new leader - that'll fix things good and proper!

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Completely irresponsible alright. Still, Labour will soon appoint their new leader - that'll fix things good and proper!
    If National can't be blamed for the GFC, surely they can not take the kudos for the current economic upswing.

https://www.investec.com.au/research...swing-imf.html

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    If National can't be blamed for the GFC, surely they can not take the kudos for the current economic upswing.

https://www.investec.com.au/research...swing-imf.html
    I think you'll find the GFC was global.