sharetrader
Page 664 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1645646146546606616626636646656666676686747147641164 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    I used to be a brethren. The regular kind though.
    That explains a lot - just kidding!

I expected that

I was also a member of greenpeace, in a highland pipeband and wish I could play violin. Paint yourself a picture EZ

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    I was also a member of greenpeace, in a highland pipeband and wish I could play violin. Paint yourself a picture EZ
    Interesting, but can I draw any conclusions? In my case, I should be a member of the Greens, I was in a brass band for a while and have forgotten how to play the piano, and I was confirmed into a church I no longer attend.

Brian Gaynor on 2015 prospects. He's quite worried about the Auckland property market. He's dead right, building firms do have to pay a lot to attract staff, and it's wrecking their margins.

http://www.interest.co.nz/news/73663...-price-correct
    Last edited by elZorro; 22-01-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Dilettante

Everybody is worried bout somethings EZ. Judging by your posts, you seem really worried about the state of manufacturing in NZ.
    Looks like you can relax http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11390264

Must be time for another manufacturing inquiry ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Everybody is worried bout somethings EZ. Judging by your posts, you seem really worried about the state of manufacturing in NZ.
    Looks like you can relax http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11390264

Must be time for another manufacturing inquiry ?
    Hello Iceman, I had a look at that, again these wouldn't be hard and fast figures would they? Both the Northern and Central regions pulled back overall from previous reports, one was certainly negative. Happens to be the regions I'm affected by. It was quiet today, the phone wasn't going, well not much. And when it did, the jobs were small. I know what it feels like. 2008-2009. Deja vu all over again.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Hello Iceman, I had a look at that, again these wouldn't be hard and fast figures would they? Both the Northern and Central regions pulled back overall from previous reports, one was certainly negative. Happens to be the regions I'm affected by. It was quiet today, the phone wasn't going, well not much. And when it did, the jobs were small. I know what it feels like. 2008-2009. Deja vu all over again.
    A predictable answer my friend. Keep going with this negativity like Labour has for the last few years and you can write off 2017 as well !
    Most Kiwis are pretty happy with their lot and deservedly so. You Labour activists are out of touch. Long may it continue

Legend

Iceman: Most Kiwis are pretty happy with their lot and deservedly so.
    Which Kiwis are you talking about, the ones who are employed in good jobs and earning well, or the bigger number who have to take any job they can, and who increasingly cannot realistically afford to buy a home near that work? You're doing OK out of that, but not everyone has that opportunity. No capital gain, there's not much left at the end of a working life.

Yes, I'm a bit negative about the provinces at the moment, but they usually spring back in a year or two. Just don't try telling me that everything's rosy, Iceman. It could be better.

Dilettante

I think most Kiwis are employed in reasonably good jobs with reasonable earnings. Not all of course but that is how it always will be.
    I came to this country 25 years ago with no money but one important asset that has served me well. That asset is good work ethic. NZ was/is for me and remains for those willing to work hard, a land of plenty. There are lots of opportunities out there for people wanting to put in a hard honest days work.
    But sadly there are many at the bottom of the heap that need help and luckily NZ has a very good safety net to catch them.

One thing we do agree on is that we can and always should aim to do better. But we should do it with a positive attitude and self belief, not the negativity that continues to come out of Labour and its activists.
    Take the blinkers off and look at this beautiful country and the lifestyle the population enjoys within it. Then take the ear plugs out of your nostrils and smell the roses. You may be surprised how good it is

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Which Kiwis are you talking about, the ones who are employed in good jobs and earning well, or the bigger number who have to take any job they can, and who increasingly cannot realistically afford to buy a home near that work? You're doing OK out of that, but not everyone has that opportunity. No capital gain, there's not much left at the end of a working life.

Yes, I'm a bit negative about the provinces at the moment, but they usually spring back in a year or two. Just don't try telling me that everything's rosy, Iceman. It could be better.

Veteran novice

The older I get the more I realise how little we know about how the other half/quarter/threequarters live. No matter where we sit on the sociological scale - is that the right term?