sharetrader
Page 667 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1675676176576636646656666676686696706716777177671167 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 16077
    Advanced Member

No. It's just an easy way to wind up the left. The rules were "mandated" or in place before the guy died. Flags to fly at half mast for the leader of ANY nation and we are quite happy to take their dollars and halal kill our mutton for them. Some of our vehicle have been known to run on their oil from time to time. They only chopped eighty or so last year and I'm sure that we could find eighty or so here whose demise would improve the place greatly - I met quite a few of them before I retired. As one colleague remarked " there is clearly a place for retrospective abortion in this country"

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    No. It's just an easy way to wind up the left. The rules were "mandated" or in place before the guy died. Flags to fly at half mast for the leader of ANY nation and we are quite happy to take their dollars and halal kill our mutton for them. Some of our vehicle have been known to run on their oil from time to time. They only chopped eighty or so last year and I'm sure that we could find eighty or so here whose demise would improve the place greatly - I met quite a few of them before I retired. As one colleague remarked " there is clearly a place for retrospective abortion in this country"

John Keys craven posturing makes Uriah Heep look assertive and principled.
    He is definetly missing a few buttons on the remote control.

Legend

A few sandwiches short of a picnic, the lift doesn't go to the top floor, etc? That's all I've got..

I think John Key behaved appropriately, craven? Rubbish.

EZ - did Mr Little make a big speech today?

Not much coverage of it

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Not much coverage of it
    He did indeed telling business owners he's all out to help them, followed by announcing his intention to drop the 90 day trial period.
    I think Stuart Nash will be the one who eventually leads Labour to victory.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Not much coverage of it
    Don't believe all you see on this forum, W69 (you're probably well aware of that). Anyway here is the actual speech in full. I think it's right on the money.

https://medium.com/@nzlabour/state-o...5-c6be0aab320d

Imagine NZ Super fund money for your startup, that's got my attention.. probably a better idea than ACC buying shares in GEL. Everything's relative.
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-01-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Dilettante

A scary thought if Little thinks he knows best how to invest the Superfund. They should keep their hands of it and leave it to the well qualified people that are running it superbly at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Imagine NZ Super fund money for your startup, that's got my attention.. probably a better idea than ACC buying shares in GEL. Everything's relative.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A scary thought if Little thinks he knows best how to invest the Superfund. They should keep their hands of it and leave it to the well qualified people that are running it superbly at the moment.
    I think it's a good idea. It would be with fishhooks no doubt. Perhaps a lot better than normal science research funding, where the scientists are putting in the energy, but none of the funds. When it doesn't go quite right, they simply find another project. Private sector R&D might be less exciting and leading edge sometimes, but it's more likely to be seen through to the end.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Little should read the rule book. The fund is administered by independent trustees and to be kept free from political interference.