sharetrader
Page 679 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1795796296696756766776786796806816826836897297791179 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Fascinating. Can you quote the survey or source, or have you personally interviewed those who didn't know him from a bar of soap?
    FP
    I wouldn't count on Andrew Littlles political demise or John Keys victory in 2017. Way too soon. I recall that you, like me are a Beatles fan. Predictions can be spectacularly wrong.

Eventually, Decca Records rejected the Beatles, saying "guitar groups are on the way out" and "The Beatles have no future in show business.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    FP
    I wouldn't count on Andrew Littlles political demise or John Keys victory in 2017. Way too soon. I recall that you, like me are a Beatles fan. Predictions can be spectacularly wrong.
    Of course. I didn't make any predictions. I merely asked the source of your survey, which you didn't bother to answer.

Legend

Fascinating. Can you quote the survey or source, or have you personally interviewed those who didn't know him from a bar of soap?
    This was a comment from someone high up in Labour, at a local meeting of Labour people. It was the result of a survey, I don't have further details.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    For sure people who read news would now be aware of him not paying his bills. Strike 1 for Andrew and one more and the Party will dump him. http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...-invoice-gaffe
    This would be a Labour Party bill, not one personally due by Andrew Little. It costs quite a bit to run the Labour Party office machinery, and I think they might have been low on funds after the latest election campaign. I'm not privvy to any further details, but there are a lot of members contributing regular funds, so any old invoices will be getting sorted. Maybe there was a dispute about the quality of the advice? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    This would be a Labour Party bill, not one personally due by Andrew Little. It costs quite a bit to run the Labour Party office machinery, and I think they might have been low on funds after the latest election campaign. I'm not privvy to any further details, but there are a lot of members contributing regular funds, so any old invoices will be getting sorted. Maybe there was a dispute about the quality of the advice? Who knows.
    If as TV3 says he ( the freelance journalist) was "just a worker" a bill of approximately a $1000 for a chat and report seems a bit over the top.

westerly

Legend

This would be a Labour Party bill, not one personally due by Andrew Little.
    Absolute rubbish. The bill was incurred by Andrew Little in his own name; therefore he alone was responsible. Hardly a big deal but he should have paid it and claimed it from the party if it was their responsibility. He should have known better. In his position he can't take any risk that will blacken his credit record. Matt Rata was the champion politician for that one.

Legend

Absolute rubbish. The bill was incurred by Andrew Little in his own name; therefore he alone was responsible. Hardly a big deal but he should have paid it and claimed it from the party if it was their responsibility. He should have known better. In his position he can't take any risk that will blacken his credit record. Matt Rata was the champion politician for that one.
    Codswallop, FP. Andrew Little is the new leader of a major political party. How he is perceived by the public is very important for the entire party. He would have been advised by party members and press coaches to arrange for some (limited) paid input from people he thought could give even-handed advice. That would be a party expense, for sure.

Advanced Member

Codswallop, FP. Andrew Little is the new leader of a major political party. How he is perceived by the public is very important for the entire party. He would have been advised by party members and press coaches to arrange for some (limited) paid input from people he thought could give even-handed advice. That would be a party expense, for sure.
    There will be a public perception now about not paying the workers! I do think he was unlucky that this ended up in the NBR, though. But pollies live in a fish bowl and usually give as good as they get. Plenty of 'dirt' going back the other way.

Legend

If it was a party expense, and I have no doubt it was, then he was a fool to enter into the deal in his own name. He could have, and should have, charged services to the party. He didn't so should have paid the bill and claimed it from the party. He'll know next time.

If it was a party expense, and I have no doubt it was, then he was a fool to enter into the deal in his own name. He could have, and should have, charged services to the party. He didn't so should have paid the bill and claimed it from the party. He'll know next time.
    The world is full of people telling others what they should do.

westerly