sharetrader
Page 709 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2096096596997057067077087097107117127137197598091209 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 16077
    Legend

Forget all that - I need some general advice. My daughter has recently forsaken Labour and joined the Green Party. What should I do?

Blame yourself.
    Last edited by slimwin; 31-03-2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Context

She may grow out of it. I was a fully paid up and active member of greenpeace once. I consider it a terrorist organisation now.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    She may grow out of it. I was a fully paid up and active member of greenpeace once. I consider it a terrorist organisation now.
    Oh yeah, thanks Slimwin, I'll tell her that, it should work?

There were quite a few Labour people around here who were thinking of joining the Greens, after having to work too hard trying to tow the party line. With the Greens, you just need a ukulele I think.

BTW I'm not really anti-greens, but I'm starting to get more focussed about it after my daughter's change of heart. At least they're on the leftie side.

My eldest brother and his son have done the same. I would have thought they were more puritanical.

Legend

My eldest brother and his son have done the same. I would have thought they were more puritanical.
    I don't know about the Greens, but there are quite a few greying Christians in the Labour party, if that's what you mean . Maybe I'm one?

Bill English getting cagey about the surplus again. The low milk payout is not going to help, that's for sure. It's not taxes from farmers that will be missed, that's usually sorted out by a range of methods. But it's their external expenditure, of which some ends up as taxes, that will be reduced a lot in the quarters ahead.

http://www.interest.co.nz/bonds/7478...y+1+April+2015

You should point out to her that Communism has been tried and failed, that the Berlin Wall fell.

One of my daughters voted for Colin Craig's Conservatives. Yecchhh! I hope she recovers her enquiring mind soon.

Advanced Member

Once upon a time when I was contemplating the impossible,a friendly barber urged me on. "I wouldn't get a contractor in NZ to carry it out" was met with "garth Mc Vicar - he'll do it" Now, twenty years later, I"m sitting in a house on the top of a hill up an almost impassable driveway writing this from the house that Garth Mc Vicar moved.My wife and I voted for him this election. I had quite a lot of dealings with him in and around the Napier Court.

Mc vicar is a fundamentalist and will only ever be popular for a brief time. Same as Craig and the left equivalents.

Advanced Member

I've known the man for twenty or more years and he is an achiever. He is well respected by many and while I could not visualise him as a politician your "brief time" will be a lot longer than most politicians.
    Mc vicar is a fundamentalist and will only ever be popular for a brief time. Same as Craig and the left equivalents.