sharetrader
Page 759 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2596597097497557567577587597607617627637698098591259 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 16077

Cartoonists having fun over Bill's surplus

and this ones pretty good

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I never suggested that anyone other than the Reseve Bank fired the shot. The Labour party simply farts into the wind.
    They weren't doing that, for all of 1999 to 2008, and there is plenty of proof in the stats. Net crown debt was zero by the time they left office, and they achieved a great deal more than that. I think it's you who is using clichés, Craic, when some facts would have sufficed .

this one the best I reckon

EZ, remember perception becomes reality - there really is a surplus

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    EZ, Andrew getting grumpy

Biggest deception ever he says this surplus story

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...issing-surplus
    Yes, it was a huge deception all right. Their major election plank was a lie, they had no other policy to speak of. I notice John Key gets the last say in the article, that's interesting. The line they are taking, which Craic et al are picking up on, is the lie that Labour don't have any answers. This is the message they'll keep repeating, and the press let them get away with it. Craic, suggest you have a look over the Labour Party's website, if you can handle it.

Great cartoons - I hope someone actually writes a blues song for Bill.

I pinched most of this.

You Can't Lose What You Never Had

Muddy Waters, Allman Brothers

Had a sweet little surplus, I lose my baby, boy ain't that bad
    Had a sweet little surplus, I lose my baby, boy ain't that bad
    You can't spend what you ain't got,
    you can't lose some little surplus you ain't never had
    Had money in the bank, I got busted, people ain't that bad
    Had money in the bank, I got busted, people ain't that bad
    You can't spend what you ain't got,
    Ain't that the truth boys
    Had a sweet little story, it got burned down, people ain't that bad
    My own fault, people ain't that bad
    Well you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
    you can't lose some blues you ain't never had
    Have mercy!
    Sweet little story, got burned down, people ain't that bad
    Yeah you know I had a sweet bull****e story, it got burned down, people ain't that bad
    Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,

by McKinley Morganfield

Last edited by elZorro; 13-05-2015 at 09:23 PM.

another step to my last post regarding my mother and other retirees living in auckland is the large portion of solo mums living in homes without their (partners/husbands/defactos)
    the question here is .... how many mother / father / child families are living in two houses? mum and kids in one and father in another......
    how many of these separated families are inhabiting two homes instead of one family home in auckland?
    in the old days before solo parent benefits and reasonably cheap housing in auckland, this wasnt an issue.
    but sadly..... it is now......
    so..... will auckland become like other major cities in the world where if you wish to live in a major city....... you have to be a producer or able to pay your own way......?
    or live off welfare and endless housing supplement payments to live in the biggest city in the country because you have been there for many years or your kids cant be separated
    from their school and friends?
    we have seen many stories on the tv of bludgers living in exclusive auckland suburbs doing nothing but watching the boats sail by while collecting a benefit.
    is it time to have the biggest city in NZ reserved for works, movers and shakers? or keep separated families on welfare in duel homes ...... which uses up a huge amount of housing stock?
    i dont support anything i have said..... i am just making a point that the amount of housing in Auckland and who is in them regarding their circumstances, is the best way to spend our welfare money while disadvantaging those that are able and willing to try and be an economical asset to Auckland?
    food for thought?

EZ, quote Key "We've come from a $18 billion deficit five or six years ago to pretty much a surplus. I think most New Zealanders would say that's the right step."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11448185

See - there is a surplus of sorts - perception becomes realty

Best if Andrew got over it and ignored this surplus thing - he won't win the argument

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    EZ, quote Key "We've come from a $18 billion deficit five or six years ago to pretty much a surplus. I think most New Zealanders would say that's the right step."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11448185

See - there is a surplus of sorts - perception becomes realty

Best if Andrew got over it and ignored this surplus thing - he won't win the argument
    I quite agree in part, National very nearly managed a surplus by 2015. The dreaded dairy cheque put the kybosh on it. But they knew that was going to happen, months out, and they'd already jiggled a few costs around to help it out. Knowing all that, they lied about it, to help get themselves back in.

"Angry Andrew" is the latest moniker from National, and Andrew said today:

"He will throw around the labels as much as he likes. People are getting to know me but they want someone who is actually passionate about New Zealand, who is not in the Prime Minister's job as a vanity project, and that's the difference between him and me."

I met Helen Clark briefly a couple of times, and observed John Key once or twice, all on their official duties. Many NZers would have similar experiences. Helen Clark was always businesslike, wanting to learn something, asking questions, looking serious. John Key makes it look like he's on a holiday. He certainly acts like that in the House.

If Andrew Little is more like Helen Clark than John Key, that'll suit me fine.

Legend

Bernard Hickey, before the Reserve Bank stepped in with their housing idea.

http://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/75...ay+13+May+2015

Tony Alexander says it's the wrong timing for a CGT anyway.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/6781...ital-gains-tax

A really polite article on Andrew Little by.. Tracy Watkins..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...labour-of-love

Added all together, it's highly unlikely Andrew Little will take Labour into 2017 with a CGT as policy, but it might be an option on policy for the next election after that, if Labour get in.
    Last edited by elZorro; 14-05-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    not sure, Daytr.

Why do you think that foreign buyers are a problem - and why do you think that it would be in the best interest of New Zealand to punish them (i.e treat them worse than residents)?

I guess at face value your proposal sounds like what the extreme right wing requests all over the world: punish and throw out foreigners (xenophobia is everywhere), people who look different (white people in Africa and black people everywhere else, white people in Asia and Asian people everywhere else), and / or people with a different faith or race (I suppose examples are not necessary). For sure you are better than that - aren't you?
    Don't throw out the new NZers that are here just stop any more coming in and I don't mean just Asians that includes Poms, South Africans and other white English speaking foreigners. If the Auckland housing market is a problem (is it really problem surely the banks wouldn't lend recklessly with depositors money) then it is a supply and demand problem. Build some more houses and reduce the number of people buying them by only allowing people with a NZ Passport to own land in NZ. Foreigners are still welcome to invest and build useful stuff on the land. The UK & Japan similar sizes to NZ ****loads more people, are they any better than NZ? Who says we need anymore people anyway. One of the best things about NZ is our lack of people in my humble opinion.