sharetrader
Page 769 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2696697197597657667677687697707717727737798198691269 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,690 of 16077

double post sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Debt, debt & more debt. The legacy of John Key.
    Oh & some motorways that put the country in hock.
    Great investment that...
    buts it forecast to start reducing in 2019

interesting they started the chart where they did .... what happened then EZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Member

Ah! That dastardly Key again, pulls the rug out from under labours feet again. And while I was up the hill with the axe and saw, three of my six horses won and I will be able to enjoy several pints of Murphys down at the club.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    ""so they could instead gift up to $885 mill over three year periods to 57 large businesses""

considering that the few remaining smokers in NZ pay over a billion $$ a year in excise tax per year.......
    which happens to more tax than all the SOEs pay in NZ.....

its not really a lot of money in the big picture........

unless of course when the smokers are extinct that the massive tax burden gets put onto.....??

simple point is ..... who gets taxed and who gets the tax "distribution" and what is a fair level?
    IMHO both the left and the right have got it wrong, but then its all about vote buying.
    labour supports alot of tax distribution recipients and national supports alot of tax payers.
    somewhere in the middle we have citizens voting via mmp to form our governments.
    and most voters are blind to where the tax money comes from and where it is going.
    It would seem you are right about excise tax, although GST has to come off the figure. The full costs of the smoking balance it out.

http://smokefree.org.nz/costs-smoking

W69 is right. National only got to increase our crown debt and keep it within overseas guidelines, because Labour paid off nearly all net debt first, by being good managers and growing the economy.

Best comment about budget was 'if she was dead it would have had Ruth Richardson turning in her grave.'

Whatever all the increased benefits on the whole will increase the Nats support (esp female voters). Throw in the tax cuts in 2016/2017 and its Nats for another term in 2017. Bugger

Must have been hard for Bill to have so generous to the poor but for John it's about using our money to keep the long term plan going. Bloody neo-libs

EZ, looks like labour well and truly stuffed now, pity. They appear go smacked how events have unfolded. You must be gutted
    Last edited by winner69; 22-05-2015 at 01:28 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Best comment about budget was 'if she was dead it would have had Ruth Richardson turning in her grave.'

Whatever all the increased benefits on the whole will increase the Nats support (esp female voters). Throw in the tax cuts in 2016/2017 and its Nats for another term in 2017. Bugger

Must have been hard for Bill to have so generous to the poor but for John it's about using our money to keep the long term plan going. Bloody neo-libs

EZ, looks like labour well and truly stuffed now, pity. They appear go smacked how events have unfolded. You must be gutted
    Not at all, I don't think that with these policy settings, the economy will grow enough to get past low dairy, wood, wool, meat returns, and all that follows behind that. $25 a week will mostly get chewed up by higher rent, and I think it only applies to 110,000 households from April next year? It's a govt cost of $143mill extra a year, but landlords have about a year to plan rent increases, justified by their higher valued properties.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti...ectid=11452700

With no budget surplus, National will need to borrow further to make a lie of that net debt forecast, just to supply promised tax cuts that should not be made, carefully timed just before the next election. Just like the original tax cuts at the top end when National got in.

Again, they've undone a smart Labour policy, the $1,000 kickstart for savings plans. If they'd stayed investing in the Cullen Fund, we'd have been a lot better off by now.
    Last edited by elZorro; 22-05-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Yes & they have also been forecasting a surplus for how many years now?
    Tax take about to take a hit on lower commodity prices.
    Election bribes of lowering tax rates in 2016/2017 already promised & probably one of the few promises they will keep as it doesn't matter if the country is in hock & we need to actually collect more tax, hey its a vote catcher! So lets do the irresponsible thing.
    I wouldn't mind if they started tackling the real tax issues in this country around property & capital gains & company tax offshoring.
    Instead they are chasing after solo parents who now need to work longer with kids from the age of 3.
    Any extra income will be spent on child care!
    And lets add a new tax or levy to travelers coming & going from NZ.

We have major funding issues in this country around infrastructure. In the regions we are struggling with funding sewerage schemes & water systems that require major upgrades, but hey at least we are getting super fast broadband to download movies!
    There is billions in tax avoidance by companies & the middle to upper wealth classes & yet continually by National or Labour no one is willing to take this issue on, as it involves too many of their mates. Its sickening quite frankly.

Rant over. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    buts it forecast to start reducing in 2019

interesting they started the chart where they did .... what happened then EZ
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Daytr, have another crack at voting them out next time, and when you lose - again - have a look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are right and the majority are wrong. Then throw out the mirror and walk out into the real world.

But I rather enjoyed this today :-)

"
    That was the most appalling speech I have ever seen.

You know it was bad when you watch the idiots sitting behind Andrew Little. If they thought they could face-palm without being on camera they would have.

His jokes fell flat, especially the strange one about “fiscal gender reassignment”. Not a single person in Labour understood that.

David Farrar commented on Facebook:

Andrew Little’s Budget speech is the worst I can recall from an opposition leader. He made David Shearer look like David Lange. It was incoherent, he lost his way several times, and just stumbled from one page to the next. I think he even repeated a few lines by accident.

It was dreadful. He even muffed his jokes.

I don’t think Robbo set him up on this speech. Little was tits all by himself."

Advanced Member

No reasonable person can blame Andrew Little for Labours failing. I'm sure that he is as bemused by his elevation to the leadership. He was a relatively unknown union leader, possible content with his role. But the Labour Party is a collection of conspirators bent on moving the pieces around to suit their own agenda. I bet there are several who see themselves in the role of saviour.