sharetrader
Page 771 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2716717217617677687697707717727737747757818218711271 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,710 of 16077

Craig, I think you will find a lot of regional NZ isn't that happy with National as like Northland they have been pretty much ignored.
    And sorry who is 'you'? I wouldn't be surprised to see NZF do quite well at the next election.

MVT lazy, really?! Is that the best you can come up with? We had lazy, an MP who did nothing for Northland and then was under investigation by the police. John Carter the previous MP I actually like & did a lot for his constituents.
    He is now our mayor.
    Last edited by Daytr; 25-05-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'll quote you on this later in 2017, Iceman. If you'd really like to know what Labour's policies are, they are always available on the Labour Party website. There are meetings going on to reshape and add new policies based on remits from around NZ, but they are only conjecture and initial meetings at this point. You would be mistaken to confuse media-aided positioning with hard policy, and Labour already has a good suite of policies that NZ needs right now.

W69, are you serious about your 'entitlement'? Up to a point I'd agree, but the super bill is heading for the $30billion mark in 2030. That's about half of the tax take in a bad year, at the moment.
    Look forward to the reminder my friend !
    It is getting bad when a leftie commentator like Bernard Hickey says this Government "takes from the rich and gives to the poor" and likens Bill English to Robin Hood !! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/budget-201...ectid=11453670

I travel overseas a lot so will be stung by the new airport user levy, but like most center right voters, will happily do so and happily pay my fair share to ensure those in more need of assistance in society can be well looked after. Much better to support the poor than wasting the money on gender reassignment for a few.

Guru

I'll quote you on this later in 2017, Iceman. If you'd really like to know what Labour's policies are, they are always available on the Labour Party website. There are meetings going on to reshape and add new policies based on remits from around NZ, but they are only conjecture and initial meetings at this point. You would be mistaken to confuse media-aided positioning with hard policy, and Labour already has a good suite of policies that NZ needs right now.
    Therein lies the problem with Labour EZ. They may have the policies (not that I would go to a website to look at them regardless of what party it may be) but they do not have the people to market those policies effectively and it does not seem like they will have in the near future. Still too much infighting going on at Labour and until that stops they are going to be in opposition.

Guru

Therein lies the problem with Labour EZ. They may have the policies (not that I would go to a website to look at them regardless of what party it may be) but they do not have the people to market those policies effectively and it does not seem like they will have in the near future. Still too much infighting going on at Labour and until that stops they are going to be in opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see NZF do quite well at the next election.
    Agreed. I guess it is obviously ways too early to predict what happens in 2017, but based on the current quite pathetic performance of both government and (hardly major anymore) opposition could I imagine National ending up lower than last time (say early 40ies), Labour flatlining (say early twenties) - and the small parties getting a huge boost. Given that Winston seems to be the most popular opposition politician (and hey - he knows how to play his cards) would I expect him to do well (say 10% plus).

Just do the maths based on these estimates - the Left is going to deliver another National term (with potentially a NZF PM). Not sure, whether I fancy this idea, but unless the Left manage to get their act together or unless National produces a major cook-up, than this is how it is likely to end. Mediocrity prevailing ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Not sure about Peters being PM in a coalition with National, but never say never I suppose.
    Too early to judge Labour for the election either. You can hardly only judge their performance & not others or visa versa.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Labour to perform better at the polls & that maybe more as a result of a vote against National than necessarily a vote for Labour. For NZF to become a major force they need to have a candidate in each electorate & prove they are far more than a one or two person party.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Agreed. I guess it is obviously ways too early to predict what happens in 2017, but based on the current quite pathetic performance of both government and (hardly major anymore) opposition could I imagine National ending up lower than last time (say early 40ies), Labour flatlining (say early twenties) - and the small parties getting a huge boost. Given that Winston seems to be the most popular opposition politician (and hey - he knows how to play his cards) would I expect him to do well (say 10% plus).

Just do the maths based on these estimates - the Left is going to deliver another National term (with potentially a NZF PM). Not sure, whether I fancy this idea, but unless the Left manage to get their act together or unless National produces a major cook-up, than this is how it is likely to end. Mediocrity prevailing ...

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

westerly
    Excellent contribution, westerly - just remind me where did I see this quote before?

However - you are completely correct, things might turn out much worse - either for the Left or for the country ...
    ----

BP, some might say things can only improve... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    BP, some might say things can only improve... ;-)
    I see what you mean, but I would consider this as unreasonable optimism .... There is always potential for things to get worse - one way or another.
    ----