sharetrader
Page 792 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2926927427827887897907917927937947957968028428921292 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 16077

""We have already have had multiple fruit fly outbreaks due to their changes in policy to bio-security. ""

so how many fruit fly outbreaks were under nationals watch?
    this link might explain it better.
    http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/files...april-2014.pdf

as for illegal immigrants here is a video link of the "NZ holiday highway" that the left wingers oppose but welcome said immigrants.... whoops... wrong country.......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syyl0gfNDRE

sad thing is...... the propaganda from some NZers is unbelievable.

good thing its a free country with free expression of though and the right to travel safely and unhindered.

""To rip up wetlands & export whole logs that have been preserved for 10s of thousands of years to make a few people rich imo is a disgrace & for the government not to act in what is a clear violation of the law to protect swamp Kauri.""

here is a link to swamp kauri from where i grew up.... the developers moved in to build houses for NZers but found hundreds of giant stumps and trunks under the ground.
    so...... they offered it for free to ANYONE who would come and remove it.
    i was there back in those days cutting wood and loading trailers at full speed for weeks....... as were many other wood turners and joiners etc.
    at the end of the free for all... the rest was burnt..... the rest was more than half the wood that was dug up.
    there were no iwi claiming stake or taking free wood.
    there is now a large residential complex on the site.
    fast forward to today...... and that wood it now a political hot potato.
    google maps is your friend...... have a look.

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...appendix16.pdf

"More recently large quantities of buried kauri logs and root systems were excavated to make
    the development of the Bruce Pullman Park possible (NZ Herald April6, 1996, S4, p3).

and the result of the harvested wood from one small group
    http://thegreylynnwoodturner.co.nz/p...ri-small-bowl/
    Last edited by neopoleII; 16-06-2015 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added nz herald info

EZ, great graphic. Sad though that things have come to this

Great ammo for your team but they not really making the most of it
    Attached Images Attached Images

In Northland the trade is worth 10s of millions. The Chinese are paying bucket loads for the stuff. Wetlands are being destroyed all over Northland, there has been violence related to the trade including one guy being razored across the face because he opposed the environmental devastation. All I'm saying is this is an industry that needs more regulation & environmental approval process.

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    ""To rip up wetlands & export whole logs that have been preserved for 10s of thousands of years to make a few people rich imo is a disgrace & for the government not to act in what is a clear violation of the law to protect swamp Kauri.""

here is a link to swamp kauri from where i grew up.... the developers moved in to build houses for NZers but found hundreds of giant stumps and trunks under the ground.
    so...... they offered it for free to ANYONE who would come and remove it.
    i was there back in those days cutting wood and loading trailers at full speed for weeks....... as were many other wood turners and joiners etc.
    at the end of the free for all... the rest was burnt..... the rest was more than half the wood that was dug up.
    there were no iwi claiming stake or taking free wood.
    there is now a large residential complex on the site.
    fast forward to today...... and that wood it now a political hot potato.
    google maps is your friend...... have a look.

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...appendix16.pdf

"More recently large quantities of buried kauri logs and root systems were excavated to make
    the development of the Bruce Pullman Park possible (NZ Herald April6, 1996, S4, p3).

and the result of the harvested wood from one small group
    http://thegreylynnwoodturner.co.nz/p...ri-small-bowl/
    Last edited by Daytr; 19-06-2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Changed to MORE regulation
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    EZ, great graphic. Sad though that things have come to this

Great ammo for your team but they not really making the most of it
    I heard on RadioNZ this evening, some tough questions being raised in the house about Nick Smith, of John Key by Andrew Little. John didn't answer them all.

Dilettante

I beg to differ
    ~http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=11465601
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post

Iceman

"It has been firmly denied by the PM."

I don't think I would characterise his response as a firm denial. I believe he said " I am not aware of it"

Link doesn't work Iceman, been taken down? I heard the PM live on Natioanl Radio at the time & he was very wish-washy as Sgt Pepper stated.
    Good to see the swamp kauri making national headlines & Dover Samuels & Winston Peters getting on board asking for a moratorium & regulation set up around the industry. Although Dover Samuels could have raised this a hell of a lot earlier as its been going on for years.

Certainly not a great couple of weeks for National. Sheepgate, bullgate, social housing, pork imports & now the MPI turning a blind eye to obvious flouting of the law in regards swamp kauri exports.
    I'm sure there are a few issues I have missed as there have almost been too many to keep up!
    Perhaps others could help out filling in the gaps. :-)
    National supporters have been very quiet of late.
    Understandable I suppose, its not too late to jump ship, uniquely the rats go down with this ship. ;-)

Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Fairfax sacking most of their cartoonists

Government must be getting a bit pissed off with a lot of the content.

I hear they are joining Campbell in a new satirical show... ;-)
    Monty Python meets Jon Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Fairfax sacking most of their cartoonists

Government must be getting a bit pissed off with a lot of the content.

Whatever happened to Andrea Vance in the Sunday Star Times? Not that I miss her invariably hysterical left wing diatribe but she has been gone for 2 consecutive weekends. Did I miss a small announcement somewhere? Has Peter Dunne swept her off her feet?