sharetrader
Page 817 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3177177678078138148158168178188198208218278679171317 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post

Yes you are right, I do need a job, it appears there is a vacancy for a counsellor. ;-)
    Dear daytr,

Thank you for your application. We received your CV and reviewed it with interest. It is with much regret that we identified insufficient overlap between your expressed interest (working hours 9 to 5 with a long paid lunch break and several tea breaks, nice weather, balmy temperatures, outrageous salary, daily union meetings on the farm and free coffee latte round the clock) and skills (counsellor) with the job conditions on offer.

Please feel free to monitor our webpage for new vacancies and re-apply if a position suitable to your needs and interest comes up.

We wish you all the best for your future career,

kind regards,

----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Very good. ;-) Never been a member of a union though, so again you mistake me for a leftie.
    I just like giving people a fair shake & put in place structure & policy that enables people better.
    If that's being a lefty, so be it. I think its just being reasonable.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Very good. ;-) Never been a member of a union though, so again you mistake me for a leftie.
    I just like giving people a fair shake & put in place structure & policy that enables people better.
    If that's being a lefty, so be it. I think its just being reasonable.
    Daytr, that's so Centre Left, I'll have to send you a Labour badge. But NZFirst's policies match up fairly well with Labour policies anyway.

The press are continuing to give stick to Labour's research work, but Andrew Little has been at pains to point out that the research showed there was at least one major overseas geographical area that was probably boosting Auckland's house sales data. Labour are also pointing out that National is fibbing about this being a small effect. OK, prove it, John Key, get the register up and running properly, and let NZ see the data for real. They won't want to do that, not this side of 2017 anyway. It's highly likely that overseas Chinese speculators (and possibly some from other countries, but they're less prevalent) are massively inflating our housing market in Auckland - end of story.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/politics/3...cynical-policy

Labour has a lot of policies that would cool this market back to something more reasonable, and top of the list for now, would be a ban on foreign ownership of existing houses, although they would be free to move here or to build new stock. Joyce lied when he said this policy is not working in Australia's cities like Sydney. It is working, and they are looking to tighten the loopholes, not discard the policy.

Don't believe all you read or hear, especially from the National Government.

Well I'm a Centerist EZ, so that means I take a bit from each side of the political fence, hopefully the best bits.
    I'm pretty disillusioned with the politics within the spectrum in NZ, but I don't think that's just confined to NZ & more a global thing & NZ in someways is probably better off than a lot of other countries in that regard, including the likes of Australia & particularly the US.
    And I certainly don't like the fact that Key is taking us down the path of the US model that is so flawed & dominated by greed & big business.
    I am all for encouraging business where it is sustainable or a necessity etc, but not just to pay shareholders at the cost of our democracy, environment or vulnerable people such as those who require state housing or mental health services.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Contemplate this - Regardless of your political leanings. If you took every penny in NZ and made it into a big pile and then carefully divided it equally between every man woman and child in the country, what would happen? Firstly, some individuals would would steal shares from the naive and guillible. some would be broke and hungover in days, Others would be running around with goods and services, trying to build up the pile they had before. No one would have a job because there are no employers with the wherewithall to employ anyone. The banks are empty but filling slowly. It would take a lng time but everything would return to where it was before and the poor and unemployed would still be poor and unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Contemplate this - Regardless of your political leanings. If you took every penny in NZ and made it into a big pile and then carefully divided it equally between every man woman and child in the country, what would happen? Firstly, some individuals would would steal shares from the naive and guillible. some would be broke and hungover in days, Others would be running around with goods and services, trying to build up the pile they had before. No one would have a job because there are no employers with the wherewithall to employ anyone. The banks are empty but filling slowly. It would take a lng time but everything would return to where it was before and the poor and unemployed would still be poor and unemployed.
    Is this not the function of the tax system to be redistributive to a certain point. I am fortunate to be on a high income and the tax system very efficiently removes approximately 32% of it every fortnight. I accept that I have to pay my share of running a civilised humane society. What does upset me are those who refuse to pay for their round of drinks at the bar. they, legally of course, set up their affairs to avoid paying tax, but expect a full response from the system if they wake up in the morning with occluded coronary arteries.

Craic, no one, well at least not me, are suggesting communism here. Just sound policy that encourages and enables all citizens to make the most of opportunities that are created. There is not enough job creation in NZ above minimum wage & the minimum wage is too low.
    If people are willing to work hard & quite often in physically demanding jobs and sometimes at risk of injury, they deserve at least what is described as a living wage. There is a lot of people on here complaining about 'bludgers' on the dole etc, but I hear very little on what can be done to change that. And getting off their arse is not a political policy. ;-)

In regards foreign ownership of property.
    Below is a link to the guidelines of foreign ownership in Australia.
    EVERY foreign purchase is reviewed by the FIRB.

This I found quite interesting & seems like a commonsense approach for NZ to follow.
    Not along ago they did a review of many foreign purchases and found quite a few had skirted the guidelines.
    These owners were forced to sell over a lenient & reasonable time frame.

"Migrating to Australia?
    If you are interested in buying property in Australia because you want to migrate to Australia on a Permanent Residence Visa (with a view to taking up Australian citizenship at a later date), it is perhaps premature to investigate the purchase of property before your eligibility for a PRV is assessed. PRVs are only granted after assessment of many factors. Some of these are nomination by an employer, affiliations with family members already living in Australia and the business skills you can offer Australia. "

http://www.australia-migration.com/p..._Australia/178

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Our friend Angela Vance has asked 'since I left nz has UKIP set up a nz branch'

UKIP did very well in UK elections (vote wise)

Maybe the secret weapon for Labour after all .....Little to model himself on Farage?

No ....new leader required methinks

Plenty of double-barrelled names to choose from I notice

Yep, looks like NZLP is reopened as a branch of UKIP!

Angela Vance?....Angela Merkel....Andrea Vance - her only friends are Peter Dunne, Leila Harre, Matt McCarten...you know the usual list of suspects...

Sgt Pepper is no doubt referring to the expert welfare and government grant troughers :-)

With you on that one Sgt Pepper. And expect a pension!

(What does upset me are those who refuse to pay for their round of drinks at the bar. they, legally of course, set up their affairs to avoid paying tax, but expect a full response from the system if they wake up in the morning with occluded coronary arteries.[/QUOTE]