sharetrader
Page 832 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3327327828228288298308318328338348358368428829321332 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,320 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    BP, I have to agree that there is probably plenty to read here. Some of it doesn't pertain to NZ though. You're also being selective in what you present. This sentence from one of your links lines up with what I thought I saw in a small amount of door-door campaigning, for example.
    Selective? Of course ... You questioned the substance behind my allegation and I provided it. I don't pretend to provide a balanced view on the NZ Green movement in one single post ... and to be honest - neither do you. We are clearly looking from different viewing angles at the same thing. You are looking at the friendly picture of the young smiling and somewhat helpless child saying "Vote for me". You look at the idealistic (and sometimes naive) tree hugger who just wants to do good and protect the environment. I look at the manipulative bunch of political activists who undermined and abused the idealistic basis and who came up with the friendly slogan. Different viewing angles, same party.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 28-07-2015 at 08:37 AM. Reason: removed duplication
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Ah yes - before I forget ... interesting article on stuff:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7057...nes&bid=859577

NZ takes the 3rd place (from the top) in the world related to material well being ... and actually - even the "inequality" position does not look too bad. Yes, there are a number of countries which seem to fare better than we are (assuming equal is good in your books), but they are not much better.

Not too bad for a centre-right government, isn't it?
    ----

So no bias there then BP. They are either naïve or manipulative. Yeah right.
    You are one for extremes...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Selective? Of course ... You questioned the substance behind my allegation and I provided it. I don't pretend to provide a balanced view on the NZ Green movement in one single post ... and to be honest - neither do you. We are clearly looking from different viewing angles at the same thing. You are looking at the friendly picture of the young smiling and somewhat helpless child saying "Vote for me". You look at the idealistic (and sometimes naive) tree hugger who just wants to do good and protect the environment. I look at the manipulative bunch of political activists who undermined and abused the idealistic basis and who came up with the friendly slogan. Different viewing angles, same party.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Paula Bennett is a liability for National, I'm surprised Key has woken up to that.
    She came across as an angry, ego driven and not particularly bright individual in the bi-election.

Last I looked we were in a democracy, although the TPPA is likely to diminish our sovereignty, so who is Paula Bennett to tell elected councils what they should be doing. No thought for the environment I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Colin James has an interesting article today, looks like he's paying some attention to Winston Peters, Daytr.

[B]
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    You are one for extremes...
    Not quite, daytr ... actually, quite the opposite. I am not for but against the extremes
    ----

Really and you voted for Act. haha
    To reference you, everyone thinks they are in the center.
    Anyhow again, you misunderstood my post, common theme.
    You have extreme views on situations/people.
    I am just going by your posts and what you compare people situations to.
    And this was just another example of that. There are plenty of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Really and you voted for Act. haha
    To reference you, everyone thinks they are in the center.
    Anyhow again, you misunderstood my post, common theme.
    You have extreme views on situations/people.
    I am just going by your posts and what you compare people situations to.
    And this was just another example of that. There are plenty of others.
    Whats wrong with voting for ACT? They are a party based on liberal ideas ... can't get more centre than that. They advocate the responsibility of the individual vs a nanny role of the state.

I stand for freedom. I stand for tolerance. I stand for minority rights. I stand for fairness, justice and a human society without fear of oppression through the state, majority groups, the doomsday preachers of the day (be they religious or not) or the in any society present bullies. I stand for everybody's right to get a good start in life.

What do you stand for, daytr?
    ----

Hear hear BlackPeter.

"Ask not what my country can do for me but what I can do for my country!"

Wasn't it one of the Kennedys in the USA who said that? Democrats too!

John will be getting many more pats on the back from THEM again.

They will be pleased to see their man championing the cause so well

Alas, my protests have been in vain

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ents-protected
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

ACT have what I would call extreme views on market forces which is basically Randism.
    If you really think ACT is somewhere near the center you are dreaming.
    They believe that market forces will auto correct & create a balance and should be left pretty much unregulated.
    This naïve view doesn't account for human behavior & greed, which goes directly against liberal philosophy of fairness.
    Greenspan thought on similar lines & look where that ended up.

I would suggest the current National government promotes unfairness in society and look after the all ready well off & is creating a greater divide in regards wealth. Hardly inline with what you declare you stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Whats wrong with voting for ACT? They are a party based on liberal ideas ... can't get more centre than that. They advocate the responsibility of the individual vs a nanny role of the state.

I stand for freedom. I stand for tolerance. I stand for minority rights. I stand for fairness, justice and a human society without fear of oppression through the state, majority groups, the doomsday preachers of the day (be they religious or not) or the in any society present bullies. I stand for everybody's right to get a good start in life.

What do you stand for, daytr?