sharetrader
Page 877 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3777778278678738748758768778788798808818879279771377 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,770 of 16077

Hey Craic, do you know the price of fish?

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Your skill and knowledge of the NZ economy is wasted Daytr. Several major parties fail to implement it and you are casting Pearls before Swine. Or maybe you are talking a load of rubbish crippled by a level of political bias that is rarely seen outside north Korea? Maybe I am just one of the fools who follows the herd but at least John Keys position as the most popular national leader will not cause ME ulcers. I will eat well, sleep well and enjoy the sunshine when it arrives but today I will replant my rhubarb, check the brews n the shed, replace a sliding door that refuses to slide for my wife and deliver my words at the funeral of a veteran and call at the RSA and have a pint and then come home, and as a good capitalist, have crack at trading my way to a few bob on the market
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I am a New Zealander, I was not born 'here' and I currently do not live 'here'

But I AM A New Zealander.
    " With pokarekare ana playing in the background and ferns moving in the breeze " You must be homesick for here PT

westerly

Advanced Member

Ask him. He probably posts on here somewhere still. As to the flippered kind, I have an electric Kon Tiki - It's called self sufficiency.

I call it cheating. ;-)

Ask him. He probably posts on here somewhere still. As to the flippered kind, I have an electric Kon Tiki - It's called self sufficiency.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Hey Craic, let me guess, your one has an automatic compass so it keeps going out straight? True Blue.

Advanced Member

No automatic compass, just my good sense of direction. The one time it defied me and took off down the coast in the breakers, I pulled it in after twenty minutes with the most fish I had ever caught.

Legend

No automatic compass, just my good sense of direction. The one time it defied me and took off down the coast in the breakers, I pulled it in after twenty minutes with the most fish I had ever caught.
    Yeah, well, it probably headed left that time..

Advanced Member

It was actually right towards the South Island ( where there be pirates)

islandowards

Legend

Legend

Fell over this article in another forum about John Key's involvement in the precursor to the GFC, and what he's been up to since.

http://evolutionnews.co.nz/news/pm-j...ancial-crisis/

Would be worth fleshing this out a bit:

Merrill Lynch (the firm that had employed John Key in senior positions) was broke by 2007, and was sold to Bank of America. In turn BoA was bailed out by the government. Toxic derivatives put in place and held internally a few years earlier were at the core of the problem, and it was a team working under John Key that devised what looks like the precursors of them, in the late 1990s.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40795080/n.../#.VfUU8JXou00

John Key seems to have become less vocal on the idea of building a tax haven for overseas investments here in NZ, partly because the meddlesome MED people put up a few roadblocks not long after he got into power.

John found a work-around?
    Last edited by elZorro; 13-09-2015 at 07:03 PM.