sharetrader
Page 933 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 43383388392392993093193293393493593693794398310331433 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,330 of 16077
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    And even Logen Ninefingers, Daytr and the rest of us all have the freedom to speak and vote as we wish and the power to change what we can change and learn to enjoy the bits we can't change. So whats the problem? I didn't like being a poverty stricken lad in an Irish village so I moved. There must be somewhere on the planet where you can be blissfully happy and contented with your lot. If the rain would stop. I would be even happier and so would the cricket people down at the park.
    What's the problem? We live in a supposedly enlightened age of wonderful technological advances and yet in 2016 we have an increasingly unstable world, more wars, a broken global economic system run for the benefit of bankers and elites, a media that is pandering to the basest human instincts and becoming more and more universally tabloid. Humanity - a pack of cavemen/women with a thin veneer of civilization and technology smeared on top. Fear and greed.
    In NZ I could vote for the 'right wing' party who are a populist party and just want to stay in power at all costs. Not a trace of austerity here, the debt continues to pile up and even so they can never do anything good in the eyes of the Left. Now we have food in schools as demanded by the Left and they immediately acted like that never happened and continued to bray about poverty. I obviously can't vote for the Left as they would probably borrow at twice the level of the current mob.

Guru

I think what it is that we've got a system in the western world that is an unhappy compromise between Left and Right politics....we've ended up with the worst aspects of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I think what it is that we've got a system in the western world that is an unhappy compromise between Left and Right politics....we've ended up with the worst aspects of both.
    Well, if you really believe what you are saying ... why don't you just follow Craig's example and go to a place you consider as better. Can't be difficult to find if our system is "worst" (as you say). Try Somalia, Iraq, Russia, China, ... so many options to choose from to get away from our terrible western system

Or is this a Winston Churchill "worst"? He is quoted as saying "democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others". I tend to agree with him and like to live in a free state under Churchill's worst system. Sure - it always could be better, but it is still a great system, particularly considered it is run by humans ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yes probably be better off with a good old dictator to remove any choice. However the thread is about shares, investing and protecting investment NOT about plumbing the considerable capacity for humans to whinge incessantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Yes probably be better off with a good old dictator to remove any choice. However the thread is about shares, investing and protecting investment NOT about plumbing the considerable capacity for humans to whinge incessantly.
    This thread is in the elections forum; hardly off topic.

Yes you are right. Thought I was on the "black Monday" ...however still excessively whinging..moderately apologetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    This thread is in the elections forum; hardly off topic.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

This would do the trick for Little and Labour

Cartton by Emerson
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Cartton by Emerson
    Ouch ...

but just wondering - wouldn't it be easier for Winston instead of Andrew to copy Trump? Same populist ah - thoughtful picked policies to satisfy the backwards looking part of the population, similar shape, and they are both good in talking without sense ... Well, agreed - Trump is taller, but so is his country
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 28-01-2016 at 09:50 PM. Reason: fixing finger trouble ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Cartoon by Emerson
    W69, at least Labour have decided what they think about the TPPA, it's not good for us. This should be the start of a good partnership with the Greens in 2016, another area the party faithful want sorted out.

Emmerson's right of course, Andrew can be a bit dull in front of the camera. Too many words, not enough sound bites, nothing to take home. Will someone please train him up for the media appearances that are becoming more critical? There's nothing wrong with Labour policy in general - Andrew is safe as the leader. Time to show some confidence. John Key will put his foot in it again, sooner or later.

Another example of the police being the long arm of John Key. The police knock on the door of potential TPPA protestors. Subtle intimidation tactics.
    Nicky Hager raid, illegal, Dotcom raid illegal, and then there was the Du Plessis-allan instance.
    This door knock is just letting people that are anti TPPA know that they are being watched.
    Big Brother John Key.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.