sharetrader
Page 990 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4908909409809869879889899909919929939941000104010901490 ... LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 16077
    Legend

[QUOTE=elZorro;613533]
    Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post

He's popular, but is he any good for anything, Craic?

Not for you. Not good at all; you will look for and find a negative side to his every utterance or action, whether real or imagined: but for those with a positive outlook a generally sunny disposition, he's an inspiration.

Keep making personal remarks / attacks Craic. It says more about you than me.
    If you had two eyes open, you would have seen posts from me congratulating Key or National when they have done things that are worthy.
    Like raising the minimum wage or creating a marine sanctuary as examples. There are others.
    However in my view there is little to cheer about in regards Key's led National short termism approach to policy.
    Can you quote any post where you have given Labour or the Greens any credit for anything Craic?
    Keep rants about me coming though Craic and we can all see who is really obsessed.

[QUOTE=craic;613475][QUOTE=Daytr;613461.
    I was a commodity trader in metals & energy markets and worked on deal teams for bank loan syndications etc.
    Traded futures and derivatives, physical, FX, interest rates, commodities, money market, credit derivatives on occasion.

And how did you manage to turn that exalted position into your present position as a disgruntled poster, obsessed with another from a simiilar position who, with a consderably more positive outlook than yours, has risen to the position of the most popular Prime Minister the nation has seen in a long time.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Daytr; 28-03-2016 at 08:18 AM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

One thing I will add for those who keep crowing about Key's popularity.
    He is popular, there is no denying that, despite ponytail pulling and bullying antics.
    However popularity is no reference to quality.
    Adolf Hitler was very popular in Germany.
    Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian are both extremely popular now...
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    One thing I will add for those who keep crowing about Key's popularity.
    He is popular, there is no denying that, despite ponytail pulling and bullying antics.
    However popularity is no reference to quality.
    Adolf Hitler was very popular in Germany.
    Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian are both extremely popular now...
    The last fortnight wasn't a good one for JK. Here's a post about that from The Standard.

http://thestandard.org.nz/tough-coup...weeks-for-key/

And one from reporter Duncan Garner. Ouch.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the-...-a-legacy.html

I wonder how big an operation I could build - what I could do - if I was allowed to borrow on the tab of five million people, $164million a week for over seven years. I guess I would be a big shot.
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-03-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Advanced Member

And you still didn't answer the question Daytr.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    And you still didn't answer the question Daytr.
    Craic, you didn't really answer my question. What is John Key good for? Your answer that he has a sunny disposition and is an inspiration to all, is not that great, considering he's the current Prime Minister of NZ and he is following on from Helen Clark's nine year term heading a Labour government. Most of the social policy reparation work that Labour performed on the economy during that time has not been removed, because it's too popular and sensible.

What National did manage to do (that has often slipped under the radar) is to hand more power to big business. How has that worked out? The tax base remains perilously low, the National government is still borrowing money to meet their budget shortfall, and that will ramp up as the provincial economy implodes on itself at the end of the previous dairy boom.

I'm not sure what could be on the horizon to save this National Govt from ignominy, when the political history books are written.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Craic, you didn't really answer my question. What is John Key good for? Your answer that he has a sunny disposition and is an inspiration to all, is not that great, considering he's the current Prime Minister of NZ and he is following on from Helen Clark's nine year term heading a Labour government. Most of the social policy reparation work that Labour performed on the economy during that time has not been removed, because it's too popular and sensible.

What National did manage to do (that has often slipped under the radar) is to hand more power to big business. How has that worked out? The tax base remains perilously low, the National government is still borrowing money to meet their budget shortfall, and that will ramp up as the provincial economy implodes on itself at the end of the previous dairy boom.

I'm not sure what could be on the horizon to save this National Govt from ignominy, when the political history books are written.
    Aren't you confusing history with left wing propoganda?

EZ
    I agree with your observations.
    Of significance, which I believe has been underrated, was Judith Collins being the only cabinet minister to declare her support for retaining the current NZ flag. This has ominous implications for John Keys tenure. As I have said in previous posts, and dismissed by National supporters, she will not hesitate to strike when the time is right. She has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 28-03-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Legend

Craic, you didn't really answer my question. What is John Key good for? Your answer that he has a sunny disposition and is an inspiration to all, is not that great, considering he's the current Prime Minister of NZ........
    That was not Craic's answer. It's just one observation of mine. Among Key's numerous achievements he has kept your lot away from the cheque book. So far he's seen off Goff, Shearer, Cunliffe, with Little soon to join the list. Well worth celebrating.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    EZ
    I agree with your observations.
    Of significance, which I believe has been underrated, was Judith Collins being the only cabinet minister to declare her support for retaining the current NZ flag. This has ominous implications for John Keys tenure. As I have said in previous posts, and dismissed by National supporters, she will not hesitate to strike when the time is right. She has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    There might be something in that, Sgt Pepper. I see from Wikipedia that Judith Collins is from a farming family in Walton (near Hamilton) and at an earlier point supported Labour. Hard to believe now. She's still at No.6 on the National List, completely exonerated, except if one takes the trouble to read "Dirty Politics". She certainly likes to take aim at a target.