sharetrader
Page 112 of 286 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2859

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hi Snapiti, Yes at least my remaining capital is actually doing something even if its sitting in DB account at only 2.6% and Zel has a dividend coming up, I may enter CNU as quick trade upon good news but will never hold this puppy again for any length of time, I would only be doing this to try and recoup some of my lost capital but I'm feeling extremely cautious and badly burnt right now,would really appreciate any private message on when you think it may be a good time to re enter as a short term play,thanks again
    Couta1 ...I've come back to read the last 4 pages of posts on this thread...You asked for my opinion...here it is:..
    I have often posted this catch phrase...."Emotion Kills"
    I have often posted that feelings are a form of emotion.
    I have often posted that interpretation of facts are often really misinterpretation made to look convincingly real... due to the application of false logic

from Wiki...
    In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred. An example is: "America was involved in the Vietnam War" versus "America was right to get involved in the Vietnam War". An opinion may be supported by facts, in which case it becomes an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. It can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analyzing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact.

On ST there is never a shortage of posters with an opinion...

Should you listen and act on other people opinions?.....listen yes act no.

Snapiti rightly replied that when it comes to offering advice.. one shouldn't ..no-one on ST has the right without responsibility to be able to effect an outcome on someone's else hard earned money.

Looking for opinions to test the water,,,yeah sure ...the market is made up of people like you and me and the feeling for the market is very important when looking to make a decision....
    But..there is a fine line......an experienced investor uses it wisely an inexperienced investor doesn't....

Couta1...I'm not going to comment on your decision to exit..........but I will comment on your lack of investor identity (who are you? long termer short termer? growth taker v risk taker? ) Usually an older person forgoes growth for safe stable good yielding stocks so to live off capital +dividends in their retirement years. A new investor goes longer term not shorter term.....If you dabble in all sorts of disciplines and chase that illusive money ball all over the marketplace it comes across that you are new and inexperienced to this type of investing game, have no investor identity, and this will ultimately lead to a high failure rate ...it comes at a cost called the learning (experience) curve....

Couta1 your first lesson re: learning curve at $100K is way far too high...

This is Hoop's opinion post my opinion is no better nor worse than others....so listen but don't act upon
    Last edited by Hoop; 13-11-2013 at 12:10 PM.

IMO

Maybe we should have an "After Hours No Rules Drinking/Smoking Lounge" thread very evening to Rave ,Ramp, Bull****, Joke, Take Mickey etc where no offense can happen. I nominate you MVT to start tonight

Please God let me not have to see that. I'll take your word for it. Gracefull......ah ..no...........enthusiastic ok.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    yes, don't take my word as gospel (desr lord no!). I'm seeing it from a TA/short term view which is the wrong way for a long termer like couta!

birman, rutting season hasnt begin yet, but I'm sure when it does you will see that we are much more graceful at it than our pasturised cousins with horns and udders
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Only if you promise to include the word CHORUS in every sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    know that sounds like fun, would I be able to use really bad language.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Banned

Hi Hoop, Thanks for your reply earlier today,I am in my fifties and still have a good income so don't have to have mainly dividend stock, yes this was too steep a first lesson and one of over enthusiasm combined with bad timing and the wrong stock choice if I had chosen Tel to whizz over to grab the dividend off I would be sitting on a large gain and more retirement stock than I had before basically my plan of action was because retirement stock goes in spurts and then sits flat for a while why not sell and go grab a big divvie elsewhere then rebuy my stock back making a profit of course I now see how risky this strategy is but then again who could have predicted the Govts response to the com com decision? The biggest lesson I've learnt out of this is to stop and think carefully about every decision I make putting the emotions aside, I think I was like a kid in a candy shop after having a portfolio of all fixed term investments before that trouble is not all the candy in this shop tastes is sweet

IMO

Just letting you know The After Market Lounge is now open guys and couta ;youre up

And Snapiti its up to you
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 13-11-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Banned

Gather round children and I'll tell yee a tale, of an abandoned baby who found his doji, and about the myth of yee falling knife, and of how unicorns are real, but only if you believe.

Chapter One
    It was a dark and stormy night, in a time long ago, in the early days just after the turn of the century, but before that fantastic financial crisis (which didn't go to waste). I found myself in the most loathsome of places, the Google Finance Discussion Board, now long since abandoned. A place then inhabited by a motley band of trolls, desperadoes, TA preachermen and snake oil sellers, virgins yet to be schooled in the ways of derivatives, social media propagandists of The Democratic Party, and even traders and investors clearly unaware that they had wandered into trouble and jeopardy. For myself, I had tired of the ways of fundamentals, TA, office rumours, TV pundits, and financial reports and reporters and found myself frequenting the sleazy late night financial forums. I often wonder what became of some of those unseemly characters I had come to know so well, I suspect poverty, prison or corrupt comfy do-nothing jobs in DC for most of them, but for me it led to the enlightened awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    an abandoned baby who found his doji.
    Definitely a doji, but I'm not seeing the baby.
    In the abandoned baby pattern - "the last bar is a large white candle that opens above the second bar and is used to show the change in trader sentiment"
    Monday was not a large white (green) candle and didn't show any significant push up.
    Chorus.jpg
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Pssssst Steve ,go to "After market Lounge is Open Now" thread in "Off Market Discussions". Take this with you,its GREAT btw

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Definitely a doji, but I'm not seeing the baby.
    In the abandoned baby pattern - "the last bar is a large white candle that opens above the second bar and is used to show the change in trader sentiment"
    Monday was not a large white (green) candle and didn't show any significant push up.
    Chorus.jpg

Hold yee horses matey, the baby I speak of be not yonder Chorus, it be more of a metaphor, innit.