sharetrader

Default Request for feedback on website.

Hi, I am in the process of putting together a website which is geared towards investors focussed on shares for dividends (as opposed to growth/capital gain). Would it be ok to start a thread requesting feedback from forum community when we are ready to go live? Some ways off yet. It will be a "beta" website and hopefully will be improved by different sets of eyes and differing requirements. Thanks, Sean

Thanks for your comments Sparky TC...I posted here as a request to admin to allow me to start a thread. I didnt want to be "rude" and horn in on existing site and forum to bolster my own efforts at another website (even if it was going to be different and not competitive). It would appear that it isnt a problem since I havent had any responses so I might start/ move it into "Investment Strategies" thread. I'll address your comments there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Well, I guess there's a couple of aspects that would be interesting to me.

- Obviously, there are stocks which are listed property trusts geared towards yield and regularity of income
    - There are low growth companies which pay great dividends, like TEL and HLG
    - There are utility stocks which have magnificent cashflow like Vector
    - And the one which I like - stocks which due to current pricing weakness and/or special circumstances, represent excellent yield and potential yield plays.

I will elaborate more on the last point.

A number of stocks which I have "gone hard" into were companies which were broken shares, rather than broken companies. They had been slapped around through the GFC, and whose prices were savagely beaten down. They offer great capital growth but I bought these stocks with some enthusiasm because I know they offered me great dividends too.

Nuplex - a company whose price was so low that its dividend yield represented 9% when I started buying in. On today's more optimistic pricing, it still has a yield of 6.1%, as good as an Auckland Council bond coupon.

PGG Wrightson - who suspended dividend payments a few years back, but who are largely favoured to bring back dividends later this year, and at the current price of 45c would be on a dividend yield of 6.5% should they do so.

Hi again Sparky......its probably more productive if I post the new thread when there is a prototype site up and accessible. This way the feedback will be more pertinant. At the moment my guess is several more months since we are still programming/designing. At the moment the design is such that one can sort for prospects by dividend yield, business sector etc. Your #1 and 3 will be covered by sector and 2 and 4 by "dividend yield%". Your "broken shares" is a good point, and one which I too work with, regards to current pricing weakness. For a long term investor this can make a good yield into a GREAT yield when the right "buy" point arrives. The ability to "see" these points would be a usefull tool. Thanks. Thats exactly what I hoped to get..different ideas and different perspectives.....very few investors work the same way and we want the website to be KISS but comprehensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Well, I guess there's a couple of aspects that would be interesting to me.

- Obviously, there are stocks which are listed property trusts geared towards yield and regularity of income
    - There are low growth companies which pay great dividends, like TEL and HLG
    - There are utility stocks which have magnificent cashflow like Vector
    - And the one which I like - stocks which due to current pricing weakness and/or special circumstances, represent excellent yield and potential yield plays.

I will elaborate more on the last point.

A number of stocks which I have "gone hard" into were companies which were broken shares, rather than broken companies. They had been slapped around through the GFC, and whose prices were savagely beaten down. They offer great capital growth but I bought these stocks with some enthusiasm because I know they offered me great dividends too.

Nuplex - a company whose price was so low that its dividend yield represented 9% when I started buying in. On today's more optimistic pricing, it still has a yield of 6.1%, as good as an Auckland Council bond coupon.

PGG Wrightson - who suspended dividend payments a few years back, but who are largely favoured to bring back dividends later this year, and at the current price of 45c would be on a dividend yield of 6.5% should they do so.