sharetrader
Page 77 of 689 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Been there, done that, gave the T-shirts away after a while

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    ...This will probably mean any direct competition will have to compete using a different partnership arrangement using a different cloud….(my speculation) given the VML/Microsoft relationship, any new player will have to prove their product is probably 20% better to gain the interest of any existing clients, or prospective ones well down the sales pipeline, and further more will have to prove the reliability of their product, scalability, professionalism, etc....
    Let me put your speculation to rest:
    There is absolutely nothing special about the VMob/Microsoft relationship.
    Microsoft will happily sell Azure services (and more) to all and sundry, including any VMob competitors.

As for the rest of it - well the world, for some reason, does not actually work that way.

While we all hope that VMob does well, there is many a slip twixt cup and lip.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

Perhaps you have deep insight PT, or inside knowledge, however what is special about the MS Azure/VMob relationship is that VMob rely on it, it is real, and right now, working to deliver genuine ROI to VMob's retail customers (not Azure customers per se ... they are VMobs customers, the retailers).

MS Azure is the back bone of Vmob's data aggregation and the mash-up of all the disparate information that works to compel a loyalty app user to enter that retail premise, at that moment in time, the moment that they are most likely to take up the invitation and go spend more with Mob's customers.

That may not preclude MS from selling Azure service to any competitor, that's their business, I agree, but we haven't bought MS here, we've invested in VMob. So the challenge is not about whether MS would take on another loyalty app supplier, they probably have others already, it's about identifying who the competitors to VMob are, and if you're really interested though it's imho academic, whether or not they are aggregating on Azure.

What's with the tee shirt thing?

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Let me put your speculation to rest:
    There is absolutely nothing special about the VMob/Microsoft relationship.
    Microsoft will happily sell Azure services (and more) to all and sundry, including any VMob competitors.

As for the rest of it - well the world, for some reason, does not actually work that way.

While we all hope that VMob does well, there is many a slip twixt cup and lip.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Membaa

Some new and interesting background reading on mobile marketing strategies, retail ROI and the importance of personalisation ... right in VMobs sweet spot. https://twitter.com/vmoblive

Membaa

If you're still wondering what all the fuss is about VMob, like how could they possibly be winning contracts with global retailers like McDonalds? Or about why VMob's solutions are hitting a sweet spot in joining mobile advertising and customer loyalty to bricks and mortar retail, have a look at this excellent website http://www.the-future-of-commerce.co...ng-automation/ which explains many of the topical issues facing retailers in the mobile age. It's not an advertising blurb for VMob, moreover a bit of research that will help you understand the challenges retailers face and the opportunity that VMob is addressing, in right in the space, at the right time, in a global market, of revolutionising retail in the mobile age.

BAA

Membaa

Reading this again, I think this is the most thoughtful and well researched piece on the whole thread, WallaceD has set a high bar for consideration.

[Edited by STMOD]

My only contention is very minor and pointed out in a reply earlier to PT. Otherwise, I cannot fault, for what it's worth, the insights of WallaceD and thank him for sharing. He didn't have to, after all. Such is the value of spending the time to arrive at a considered decision whether or not to part with your hard earned $ and invest in an IT startup company.

I have done both, spent the time researching, and invested my hard earned $. FWIW.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    I have spent the weekend reading back through the 'Whole Blog' again……..anyone thinking of investing should do so, I have looked at all the history people refer to regarding the infamous 'Plus SMS' and all the trivia regarding the 'Shell' VML slipped into.

I have not changed any of my views, and I would love someone to give me a valid reason to reduce my holding or stop me from buying more?

I think the lack in financial updates (contract amounts), besides from 'commercial sensitivities' is a very strategic move by the Board, they clearly have their sights on something substantial, so why would they release substantiated positive information, and have the traders only benefit by people rushing into the stock with limited supply?

Therefore my considered thoughts are that they will package all the great news at the last possible moment in order to give the Institutions, and IPO participants relevant actual and more accurately forecasted information, resulting in the desired interest in VML and providing the Capital to accelerate the deployment and ongoing signing of additional contracts to maximize their position as arguably the first mover in this space…….

This will probably mean any direct competition will have to compete using a different partnership arrangement using a different cloud….(my speculation) given the VML/Microsoft relationship, any new player will have to prove their product is probably 20% better to gain the interest of any existing clients, or prospective ones well down the sales pipeline, and further more will have to prove the reliability of their product, scalability, professionalism, etc.

VMob's time is now, and this IMHO is exactly why they need to head to the ASX. It's not about whether VML can survive longterm, it's about maximizing market penetration now!! The fact that the ROI appears to be very measurable, means decision makers will have an easier task getting board approvals, the fact it appears to have very rapid deployment capabilities, means the results are seen by companies with accelerated timelines.

Where we stand now, those that collected over the last six months, obviously feel even more confident. Those that have just recently bought, and have witnessed the behavior of the "supposed opposers of this stock, that have displayed their motivation for both talking up and down the stock?) will understand the relevance of doing further research to understand where this is all heading.

Choices, hold on to what you have, buy more if the price drops, buy at market/sell at market, wait until the next announcement and try and buy?

Please read my previous posts on tempering your approach to accumulatively stocks in general……but it is your choice at the end of the day whether you buy or not. DYOR.

Please check out the latest blog on the Vmob site, that explains what the product has to offer and it's market even better than it has previously.

http://blog.vmoblive.com/2015/03/the-thingternet/

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Reading this again, I think this is the most thoughtful and well researched piece on the whole thread, WallaceD has set a high bar for consideration.

[Edited by STMOD]

My only contention is very minor and pointed out in a reply earlier to PT. Otherwise, I cannot fault, for what it's worth, the insights of WallaceD and thank him for sharing. He didn't have to, after all. Such is the value of spending the time to arrive at a considered decision whether or not to part with your hard earned $ and invest in an IT startup company.

I have done both, spent the time researching, and invested my hard earned $. FWIW.

BAA
    ....couldnt agree more BAA. Like you I have done reasonable homework on VMob and although only holding under 1m shares Im becoming more and more convinced to sink further funds into this "beyond startup" company. They certainly seem to be surrounded by successful drivers at the top and Ive been impressed by their ability to secure substantial global contracts to continue and fund further growth. Yes thanks Wallace D for your well researched postings.....you wernt "Sparky the Clown" in a previous life by any chance??
    Have a Gr8day.

WD twitter good ....dont forget to follow @scottybrad as well

You should follow @roddrury as well. Good for a laugh
    Last edited by winner69; 10-04-2015 at 01:24 PM.

"If you are a kid and you need to wait two years to accumulate enough points to get a toaster that is not going to meet your expectations of brand engagement." SB

The line I liked was the 20m mcDonalds /VMob customers in Japan. I just rechecked. And it seems that this is correct. Plus the previously observed roll out of the McDonalds contract in Europe and england in addition to the Nordic Countries. And the USA roll out.

I woder if vmob make another announcement of a significant client in the next few weeks. Especially with a dual listing pending
    Last edited by Monty; 12-04-2015 at 01:34 PM.