sharetrader
Page 97 of 689 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Henceforth we can attribute robbo for replacement of the word 'stairs' with 'escalator' in the time tested maxim, "The Market Takes The Stairs Up And The Elevator Down"

LOL
    To aid your understanding:https://www.google.co.nz/webhp?sourc...levator%20down

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Ha ha, to aid your understanding https://www.google.co.nz/webhp?sourc...evator+Down%22

I think we all understand now.

Membaa

Yahoo data getting ahead of itself, showing the reverse split already. https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=...%2Cr14%2Css&c=

Guys, is there any chance that VMob have something so special that they become an attractive takeover target (at some inflated price)

I have my doubts that would be the case but interested in hearng what you guys think.
    Last edited by winner69; 28-04-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Google acquired AdMob for $750 million in 2009; although the concepts are a bit different, the names sound a bit similar!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdMob
    https://www.google.com/admob/

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Guys, is there any chance that VMob have something so special that they become an attractive takeover target (at some inflated price)

I have my doubts that would be the case but interested in gearing what you guys think.
    I doubt it as well, in the medium term.

VMob are well ahead of the product curve, they have a product in the right place at the right time, but that in itself doesn't make them a takeover target. A takeover would in itself be just a quick exit for current investors, for example at a 2-3 times multiple that might seem immediately appealing but at a 10-20x+ growth potential it's a cop out.

The reason 2-3 times exit isn't a goer is that the management will be tied into a 2+ year contracts with performance clauses etc (and no control), and after that period the company turns to custard because the brains trust move on with their modest returns on their investment. I think the VMob are wise enough to see the 10-20 bagger here, at least, and unlikely to say yes to an acquisition that pays them less than a tenth of what they could make by staying the course.

The two most likely acquisition suitors though, would be a customer who wants sole rights to the technology; or a partner who thinks the technology is integral to future growth.

In the first case that would imply for example, that a McDonalds might buy VMob? I doubt it, as it's not their core business to buy the fringes. They sell burgers and stuff, it's more sensible for them, and other global retailers to just pay the rounding error (albeit millions of $ across the global franchises) for an App attached to Azure, which drives business to their core product.

The second scenario might be more likely, but I suspect unlikely (as they'll only pay the 2-3 times multiple), is that Microsoft seeks to acquire VMob. Just because the leverage on Azure revenue is from a clever VMob App and their even smarter use of Azure, doesn't change Microsofts' situation very much at all. Microsoft make money from Azure utilisation (in this case), so better for them to see whether VMob scales to other global retailers, rather than buy the revenue feed that VMob is.

A buck here we come

Sounds better an 4 cents eh

There was a point in asking you guys about VMob being acquired the other day, I was being serious in my bored way.

Microsoft quite keen on 'special' little businesses out of New Zealand

Bit of loud chatter in the pub the oher night
    Last edited by winner69; 28-04-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Yay? It makes me laugh to think they didn't include this in their big announcement last week. Although perhaps they worked really hard over the long weekend to bring about this big, important deal.

Why waste their time typing out this garbage when there's product to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Thank you for being serious….could easily have been construed as baiting though?
    Probably coincidence more than anything else but a bit if chatter about